Long time lurker first time poster

Quadaaces

Hi everyone ive been reading through the 1000's of forum posts and grow journals on here for quite a while but figured it was time that I made an actual post and introduced myself because I also have a few questions :) Not sure if this is where im suppose to ask questions regarding growing but I cant post anywhere else.

Iv done one successful grow in the past using a 2x2x4 mylar grow tent and one of the older 90w UFO lights in an auto pot system using general hydroponics (3part) nutrients. I had pretty decent results growing a blueberry, but obviously wasn't a great yield due to the light.
After lots of research of grow journals I have come to the decision to make a purchase from Sara at Home page for either 2 of the 48x3w reflector series LED lights or a single 96x3w LED reflector system. My question is whether it would be better for me to get two individual systems for the tent or whether the single one that is about $40 cheaper (but don't mind either way) is going to do the same job.
Im also worried about the heat that the lights would give off. I would assume two separate systems would give off a bit more heat which is why I was swaying towards the single unit with pretty much equivalent output.

My plan for this grow is to grow 1 x White Widow and 1x The Church in a SCROG method using either the auto pot systems again or possibly making a bubbler/deep water culture system (currently looking into it and It seems relatively simple once set up and maintained properly.
Any suggestions would be great and thank you to all the contributing members who's many grow journals supply me with endless knowledge to read through!:bravo: And im sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place.

:Namaste:

Nice to see you posting Quadaaces. With that size tent I would go for one light set up. If you are not sure I can send you a list of a few that would work good. White Widow is fun to grow And if you do not know me I am a fellow Scroger lol. I think you are right on track. Reading and looking around is best. If you ever got any ? feel free to post on any of my forums and I will do what I can to Help with the right answer. Good luck and Grow it green.

Hey CO thanks for the quick reply :thumb:
I was actually only just reading your journal on the LED one plant SCROG pounder right before I posted this lol
Thanks I would appreciate that if you could, any information is good information! I am close to ordering the 96x3w Reflector system but am open to suggestions. I was also looking at the 400w Mars2 but thought the heat it would give off because of the 5w diode compared to 3w was unnecessary with the height im working with.
Thanks again :)

I hope i sent you the right message lol I was doing three at same time. I will get you some prices and see if I can work a good deal for you.

Hey I got your msg but cant reply until ive made 50 posts.... better get posting I guess lol
Thanks for that info
I was about to order the reflector 96x3w from the TOP led grow site right before I posted.
The link you gave me directs me to the smaller 48x3w model, do you think this is a better option for the size of my tent or do you think the 96x3w would be alright and not give off too much heat for my tent?
If you could get me a discount from TOPLED that would be great and very appreciated but i need to place the order ASAP as I have started germ and will be putting in rockwool under the ufo as soon as they pop so the sooner I get the new light the better :)
Thanks again for all your help its very appreciated

Yeh its a 2'x2'x4', the 96x3w would fit just not sure how much extra heat it would produce, obv the smaller 48x3w is cheaper but im happy to pay the extra for the bigger yield as long as its not going to be overkill for my size tent...
Do you have an email I can reply to cus I cant reply through pvt msging on here yet :)

I forgot about the PM thing for you lol I am talking to one company now for you to get good price. Just not knowing what country shipping for both company's price may be a little different with shipping. I will try and get you a price in a min

Thanks, if you can pvt msg me your email I will send you my location. Just rather not post my location on a public forum as it is not exactly legal over here....not atm anyways ;)

Another thing to keep in mind is failures, I didn't go with 2 of the same but I have florescent and CFL for backup to the HID just in case I lose a ballast or something major + I have a generator to help keep me going through power outages.

Back
Top Bottom