LST Got Wrong?

singrow

420 Member
Hi Guys,

I'm on the 50th day of my plants. I've initiated LST on the 34th day by bending over the plants completely and tying them up with the strings.

I still want to ask you even though I think my plants look healthy.

I have the following settings in my room;

# of Plants - 3
Grow Type - Soil - Plagron Bat Mix
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - Small
Lights - 400 Watt LED
Nutrients - Advanced Nutriens Cal Mag - once a week 4 ml per 1.5 liter
Watering - 3 liter every week (one liter per plant)
Room Temperature - 22C - 26C
Humidity - 40-60%

My idea is that if I keep the main cola down(by lst and tying them with string), the other stems will grow and they will try to be the main cola by competing with the main cola. But by looking them now, I don't understand how those little stems will get thicker. I never saw such bending like this on the internet. I think I got the whole LST thing wrong by waiting until 34 days? I'm not sure guys can sbdy please help me guide me. Am I doing OK? I also defoliated some of bigger fan leaves in order no to make shadow for the lower stems. Its been one day and I think plants are ok with this little defoliation.

And also I want to ask about the fans that I installed. I put them on the bars that I put inside the tent. They can be seen on the A(4) picture. They are static and not rotating. Does it harm the plant? I'm able to control their speed and I set them on %50 power, so they are not so fast, but since they are constantly blowing on one direction I'm a bit skeptic. Should I install rotating clip fans instead of those or those are OK ?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• A (01).jpg
    A (01).jpg
    578.5 KB · Views: 96
  • A (2).JPG
    A (2).JPG
    658.9 KB · Views: 93
  • A (3).JPG
    A (3).JPG
    562.3 KB · Views: 92
  • A (4).JPG
    A (4).JPG
    537 KB · Views: 98
  • A (5).JPG
    A (5).JPG
    519.8 KB · Views: 95
  • A (6).JPG
    A (6).JPG
    496.6 KB · Views: 103
  • A (7).JPG
    A (7).JPG
    564.1 KB · Views: 85
  • A (8).JPG
    A (8).JPG
    537.4 KB · Views: 112
  • A (9).JPG
    A (9).JPG
    494.2 KB · Views: 95
  • A (10).JPG
    A (10).JPG
    584.7 KB · Views: 96
They will catch up, you can guide the main one around the pot to save room if big wide plants are an issue with space, once the plants are in bloom those other ones will catch up.

Here's mine in bloom, I didn't top this one but tried guiding it around the pot, pinning it down as it grew, once the other growths got tall I pinned those down as well, constantly adjusting the bindings, make sure the string you use doesn't cut into the plant. I used binder clips and gardening wire.
20191014_120644_HDR.jpg
20191014_120636.jpg

And this one I topped and pinned down as it grew.

20191014_120628.jpg
20191014_120612.jpg

I like the results of the topped one better, next time I'll probably do the same to all of my plants.

Happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom