Mars Hydro 400w Mile High Club

Hello fellow Mars users,

I just wanted to say Hi and share some pictures. First off, thank you 420mag and SmokeSara. Although you don't know it, you are the reason I bought my 4 - MarsII 400's and I LOVE THEM!!! I read a lot of posts on this site about LEDs and ended of focusing on the Mars series due to their effectiveness and costs. Once I noticed all the help SmokeSara was happily giving everyone it became a no brainer.

I ordered my lights from Amazon.ca. They came quickly, discretely and most importantly in perfect shape. I used them to grow my plants from seed to harvest with no problems (caused by the lights anyways). I made sure to keep them about 36" away to start and gradually moved them closer until I ended up 12". That was a couple month process of lowering the light a bit every other day.

Once my plants filled in my 4'X8'X8' I had to add more lights and sadly couldn't afford more LEDs so had to settle for a 200w Sunblaster cfl. That worked ok until I noticed the difference in the flowers. The ones under the cfl were ;oose and fluffy looking where the ones under my MARS were WAY MORE DENSE. Not to mention the penetration is so good with the LEDs. The difference in under growth between the two is crazy good.

I was able to get my hands on a 1000w hps/mh to replace the cfl but it may be to late this time but I am excited to compare growth between the 2 next cyclle. One thing for sure is that the hps makes way more heat than the LEDs do. Here's some pictures...

BobG

2016-12-19_11_22_44.jpg
2016-11-28_16_20_10.jpg

Sorry for the late replies been super busy with life.
@ChefKimbo
Looks fantastic man. Yeah they are spot on for 12 days after flipping.

@ SeymoreNugget
Yeah the IR diodes are used to excel cell division which make for bigger leafs, stems, and also encourage flowering. But for them to have a optimum effective effect on the plants the ir diodes would need to come on a hour or so before the rest of the lights to "wake the plants up".
@BobGreen
Plants look fantastic man. Yeah the mars light do grow nice hard nugs I normally start mine at about 65cm and then let them grow into the light normally in veg they are sitting at like 50-60cm flower is 20-30cm I wouldn't go any closer though.

@everyone and anyone watching
Here are my mainlines still trucking along and growing strong got even more training a little trim today these photos were yesterday.
Before more training
20170103_154431.jpg

After
20170103_155212.jpg
20170103_155221.jpg

so the little auto has came out of the tent and got chopped a little over a week ago now it's just the two girls in there and have been put under a scrog net.
20170121_165724.jpg

got 25ish grams on a Boreale auto from queen seeds in a 3L pot
20170121_125416.jpg

wonderful thread guys!

i just got the Mars 2 400W for my birthday from the wife! I'm replacing my 10-bulb T5HO set up for VEG.

My question (sorry, I tired to read the entire thread but couldn't find my answer... so if it's there, my apologies ahead of time):

Can I use both the Growth and Bloom settings for VEG only? I flower outdoors in my backyard so my 4x4 tent is only used for veg. Would the bloom mess things up for me? I have the girls all at different distance to the light to accommodate for their age. (4 older clones directly under LED. 6 young clones + 4 seedlings under T5HO).

I know from reading that the girls may stretch more with bloom settings and I have super young ones that get peripheral lighting from the LED.

Also, smokesara, can I get in on the Mars Cup with just a veg grow?

Who ever told you that they would stretch more with both switches on was ill informed. The addition ir diodes actually encourage cell division in plants making for thicker stems and fatter leafs. Plus when you are growing full spectrum less time is needed to harden your outdoor girls. :Namaste:

Also it's better for the light with just the grow switch on only one fan is running with both switches both are. So the heat is displaced more even

Well its Week 7, getting real close...
P10109711.JPG
P10109673.JPG
P10109865.JPG
P10109842.JPG
Smelling good in here.
I must admit that my enthusiasm for these lights have tapered dramatically. The canopy is swelling nicely, but the undergrowth is lacking big time. I thought two plants directly under the panel would do well. This was the reason I moved away from CFLs. For the next run I will be forced add more lighting.

Well its Week 7, getting real close...
P10109711.JPG
P10109673.JPG
P10109865.JPG
P10109842.JPG
Smelling good in here.
I must admit that my enthusiasm for these lights have tapered dramatically. The canopy is swelling nicely, but the undergrowth is lacking big time. I thought two plants directly under the panel would do well. This was the reason I moved away from CFLs. For the next run I will be forced add more lighting.
So glad I never went full led ! Get a 400hps pal massive difference

dinafem blue widow-white widow& delicious sugar black rose

So glad I never went full led ! Get a 400hps pal massive difference

For me, going HPS would be going in the opposite direction of common sense. LED has come along way, I just made a impulse buy without doing the proper research of my needs. Cooling costs year round is what makes the HPS not an option. There are much better LED options.

For me, going HPS would be going in the opposite direction of common sense. LED has come along way, I just made a impulse buy without doing the proper research of my needs. Cooling costs year round is what makes the HPS not an option. There are much better LED options.
Yeah that's rite there is better led option that cost a fortune , prob affordable for some ppl which I get ! But I've never encountered a full led grow that matches hps ,was just a honest opinion wasn't having a pop at your plants either pal so if it looked that soz wasn't ment like that at all.. what cooling costs ?

Personally I've grown with both set-ups in my space a 250w basic hps and a basic 180w mars hydro series 2 400w and I would never trade or switch my "400w". I did however trade my hps for the mars....

Yeah that's rite there is better led option that cost a fortune , prob affordable for some ppl which I get ! But I've never encountered a full led grow that matches hps ,was just a honest opinion wasn't having a pop at your plants either pal so if it looked that soz wasn't ment like that at all.. what cooling costs ?

Look if I was sensitive about my plants I would have never posted the pics. The price of LED has come down a lot over the past 2 years. Just like in anything, sellers are going to give you a nice shiny bezel and an inferior product when new tech is developing. With a little research you will find that you can build an custom LED system comparable to any HID system out there. Yes it takes some knowhow but the bottom line is youre gonna pay somewhere. Whether be LED costs or the electric and cooling costs associated with HID. You trying to say you don't actively cool your HID? Isn't that great. Everywhere on the net people are actively cooling their HID lights. 400+ cfm fans, window ACs, central AC duct mods, evaporator coolers, all kinds of shit but youre not cooling your lights? No expenses associated with cooling ah? OK.

Look if I was sensitive about my plants I would have never posted the pics. The price of LED has come down a lot over the past 2 years. Just like in anything, sellers are going to give you a nice shiny bezel and an inferior product when new tech is developing. With a little research you will find that you can build an custom LED system comparable to any HID system out there. Yes it takes some knowhow but the bottom line is youre gonna pay somewhere. Whether be LED costs or the electric and cooling costs associated with HID. You trying to say you don't actively cool your HID? Isn't that great. Everywhere on the net people are actively cooling their HID lights. 400+ cfm fans, window ACs, central AC duct mods, evaporator coolers, all kinds of shit but youre not cooling your lights? No expenses associated with cooling ah? OK.
Ok . A wouldn't want to attempt to build a led light tbh , bit past my know how ! Don't Ave time to mess bout doing it either . Fans and extractor doesnt add that much on my electric bill either .

20170212_201637.jpg
Sorry haven't been paying as much attention to this thread as much as I should. For the diying just stay safe and do your research well before attempting anything. Here's what I got going on with my mars light :)

20170212_201637.jpg
Sorry haven't been paying as much attention to this thread as much as I should. For the diying just stay safe and do your research well before attempting anything. Here's what I got going on with my mars light :)
How many watts Mars what series and how big of a tent??

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

The actual draw watts are 177ish watts and my tent is 60cm x 60cm or 2x2. Extraction fan is 187m3/h and they are in 11L pots day 16 into flower, temps are sitting at 20c lights off 26ish lights on, rh% varies from 35% - 50%.

:cheer:spart,your plants are keeping stretch,you should expand your growing space.:bravo:They are nice:cheer:
20170212_201637.jpg

Back
Top Bottom