Mars Hydro 400w Mile High Club

Yeah, of course it is not your company responsible after a customisation. If you follow Growmau5 its perfectly safe to replace the old Diodes with modern Technology. I would lean out of the window it could be even safer to string same diodes than putting 5 different Types of diodes with different voltages in string and slightly overdrive them. like in the Stock panels. At least for the parts themselves ;-)

You can see this in my light clearly. Mars ll 700 used for a half year. 9 diodes burnt and 131 damp (ambient temp never over 30 degrees Celsius) , not as bright as in the beginning clearly. Anyone would notice a dampness when they would take the light apart.

Mars II 700 install lens,it will have lens problem.We are keeping upgrade lens tech.
You should check on our Mars pro II series,it will not have this problem.
You like to DIY things,right?
Yeah, of course it is not your company responsible after a customisation. If you follow Growmau5 its perfectly safe to replace the old Diodes with modern Technology. I would lean out of the window it could be even safer to string same diodes than putting 5 different Types of diodes with different voltages in string and slightly overdrive them. like in the Stock panels. At least for the parts themselves ;-)

You can see this in my light clearly. Mars ll 700 used for a half year. 9 diodes burnt and 131 damp (ambient temp never over 30 degrees Celsius) , not as bright as in the beginning clearly. Anyone would notice a dampness when they would take the light apart.

Yes its a lense Problem. I guess the amps are slightly too high or 2 fans for 140 diodes are not enough, or both. It wont last very long over the warranty period in general i guess. But if mine would last 2 years it would be fine by me. (hurry with my diodes lol)

For DIY. I learned to build my own computers when i was very young so i am quite affine to that kind of stuff. Quite a coincidence that the LED assembly is familiar placing cpus. String and parallel i learned as a small kid too...but i never really used for the last 20 years. for the diy cobs i just started reading 4 weeks ago when my lenses popped...and now, after a half dozen of ideas n sketches i am Starting to build my first fixture with 3 seperate drivers for 2x3,5kVero29+ 4x4kClu0481212 +24 Far Red Diodes from your repair center this weekend. Dimmable Cobs, maybe Far Red ON/OFF switch, 2 different timers involved

Hopefully everything will work without burning any LEDs :)

Sounds like you got a plan man which is awesome :) Of course mars is going to tell people not to mess with the lights or it voids the warranty but after all it's your light to do with as you please. Personally I think DIYing a new setup might be in my future as well not using any parts from my mars tho just a new set up for flowering with a higher draw wattage or I might just buy a pro80 when they come out.

First time grower, I got another CFL in 2700k could slip in the other side, but is it worth it? Main problem think be lack of distance to the led? There currently in pots of canna coco but soon going to put in slightly larger airpots with plagron batmix

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You can hang the CFLs vertically to illuminate the lower canopy :thumb:

Cfls are next to useless unless you go lots and lots of low voltage or a single high voltage either way it doesn't make sense. You would be better off getting either a little 300w led or even a 90w ufo. Hanging them vertically will still be wasting half the lumens on the back side of the lights even with a reflector might as well be throwing the cash away. Sure you can grow with the but no where as well with hps/cmh or led. Cfls are good for the kitchen or hallway but not the garden.

You can grow with them. But if you dont have a Ton of them for free you should spend your money on a modern plant light. WHITE COBS. The clones were under the veros 3500K @14Watts for 5 hours and i could tell they love it.... Coming from a household cfl@23W 4000K :)

I have them in a big transparent plastic Container. They were transpiring a lot more water to the air at the same temperature. Like you switched a gear. Instant response to the better light. A lot more photons per watt (or bud for your money)

I know we can grow with them But they are just horrible to grow with. I've use a huge 300w and before that a whole bunch of little ones. and they are horrible penetration is crap, you need an army of them to be effective then it still heats up like crazy. I have fan leafs the size of my hand right now on a 4 week old plant :) So I can't complain :) My auto looks beat up I trained her yesterday she's the higher one she started to flower so got her close to the light :)

20161219_093118.jpg
20161219_093130.jpg
20161219_093242.jpg

How do you train autos? I threw a screen over 9 of them for a couple of weeks and then removed it to carefully bent them down. Broke the skin of 2 stems slightly and these 2 plants were only half in yield then the other ones. It was my only auto run. I havent found any genetics that really made me suspicous. Is it true that they yield not near as good if you run them 12/12 compared to 20/4? I ran them 20/4 and had a good yield, but its way to expensive in my opinion if there are other options that yield the same for almost half the money

I've ran them both at 20/4 and 18/6 didn't notice to much difference in size. I just tie them down, bending the main stem over and spread them out.

Day 2 since the flip, under a Mars 600 old model and two 42 watt CFLs.
P10108492.JPG
The clones are showing cal/mag deficiency but the youngins are loving the light. Their nodes have shortened considerably after coming from under the T5s.
P10108522.JPG

Looks great man.
One suggestion tho is there anyway to get that filter above the light heat rises and it would be more beneficial for the plants and humidity/heat if it was higher because right now you are sucking the hot humid air back down and over the plants really not good since when they start flowering the buds will hold the moisture.

I wish I could man. I was in a rush to get a filter in there during my first grow, but I made it too long to hang horizontally along with the ducting in there. Temps aren't a big a problem, but I am at the mercy of ambient humidity and soil moisture levels until I come up with a solution.

:blunt: It sure is, but it also serves the purpose of filtering the air in the 160 sq ft. shed my garden is housed in. Drying/curing will be done in the shed so it made since to make a large enough filter for the whole setup, and it works very well. Nothing escapes the filter :rollit::blunt::allgood:

Got a Mars 300 might add it in with my 2 900s what height would I have to have it to be same give outs as my 900s so there even just until I sprout my new ones gonna make a home till others are done to put in the tent ..

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

@CHEF
Ok man as long as it works thats all the matters would be more effective higher but c'est la vie. :)

@Velk
Peace brother man and yeah normally the hanging distances go by the actual diode wattage so hanging them from the same distance would be ideal maybe a bit lower but not much. Happy growing man and hope you get that pH sorted.

Not much going on here mainlines still growing my little auto is a bit over watered but the pellets seem to be doing the job. She's alot bigger than I expected in such a small pot but it is what it is.

Day 12 since the flip...
P10108752.JPG
P10108801.JPG
P10108773.JPG
P10108783.JPG
Took 2 weeks to see pistils with CFLs on my last grow. Everything in there is budding smooth and fast!!! Big improvements already. Lets see how this panel performs down the stretch!!!:party::allgood::allgood:

Back
Top Bottom