Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Recently bought 192 x 3
took a week but I'm sold.....
MY QUESTION......I've been told with led it is best to run both veg n flower spectrum during flowering. ...this true????
I'm interested in big coverage....why I ask.....
i see the 1600 has a switch....so 800 in veg ..800 in flower. ..1600 total
Would i be better off getting a 1200 watt n have pure flower spwctrum...or go with the 1600 and run both spectrums.....
this is obviously for my flower room...12 x 12.and run 2 --4 x 8 flood trays....ihave a veg room but not for this topic...
any help from the led community is much appreciated

You must always have the veg switch on or the fans will not be running..... so you must run both switches for flower.....:circle-of-love:

Hi Guys, hopefully someone can help me out here.

I use a 150w reflector led in summer time where I am as the room temp is generally a constant 27c / 80f.

As winter is aproaching I need to buy a new light to keep my grow box in the 25deg range (room temps where I grow will be between 10-15deg (50-60f).

My grow space is 2ft x 2ft x 5ft - can someone tell me weather the old 300w led or 400w mars 2 would be better to bring my temps up 10deg in that space? How much more heat does the mars2 400w put off in comparison to the 150w reflector? Double ? more?

Does anyone grow in a similar size space with one of the above lights?

Thanks.

I grow in a 2' x 2' x 5' tent and when I am in veg I run a 96x3 w reflector and in flower I run a Mars II 400... The Mar II 400 runs about 10 degrees warmer.....:circle-of-love:

Hello wizgrow, I am on Skype now, and message replied. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hi Sara - I almost almost pulled to the trigger on more Reflectors but will settle on the little guy until the SS's arrive. I delayed my Miami shipping for a week to wait on it :)

I am "ready" to pre-order but need bit more detail than what I just saw posted :)

I skyped this to as well a bit ago.

Here is a pic of 4 plants w/ a 1200w on a 4x4' foot print of Ctitical Kush at 29 days: Also, Oxypots, Jacks Pro Hydro, and Rice Hulls :)

20150126_234315.jpg
20150126_234358.jpg

Solo Bueno,
WG

Please turn both switches on when flowering mitten boyz. :high-five:
For your flower room, you can go ahead with our 1200w flower spectrum since you only need for flowering. Besides, you can install them more fexible as per your need and get more coverage. :circle-of-love:
Recently bought 192 x 3
took a week but I'm sold.....
MY QUESTION......I've been told with led it is best to run both veg n flower spectrum during flowering. ...this true????
I'm interested in big coverage....why I ask.....
i see the 1600 has a switch....so 800 in veg ..800 in flower. ..1600 total
Would i be better off getting a 1200 watt n have pure flower spwctrum...or go with the 1600 and run both spectrums.....
this is obviously for my flower room...12 x 12.and run 2 --4 x 8 flood trays....ihave a veg room but not for this topic...
any help from the led community is much appreciated

It is OK Krypticphil, we all learning and I know you will be great in the future :cheesygrinsmiley:. :circle-of-love:
I would like to help but i myself is just experiencing using these lights for the first time. Some of the more experience people would chime in and answer your question better than myself. But I will tell you that my lights is just 2x mars2 400 full-spectrum for both veg and flower and they seem to be doing pretty well in a 4x4. you should get an answer soon. Happy growing.

Hello b.real :circle-of-love: some LED has UVA, but I am not sure any LED has UVB. :volcano-smiley:
fluorescent and hid lights produce some ultraviolet light. I think leds produce some ultraviolet light as well.

Plants need UVB but LED only has UVA, but you can add a T5 in your tent, it can provide enough UVB lights. :high-five:
What is everyone's thought's on adding UVB lights? Do LEDs have a uvb diode?

Beautiful babies, Johnnie :cheer::circle-of-love:
Hey all, Just took the girls out for a "check up" and feeding and figured I would share the Green pictures instead of the normal reddish/pink pictures we are all used to. This is my favorite thread, along with a few others here(cap'n), and giving back to the cannabis community truly is where it's at(I got two turn tables and a microphone). :party: :theband:

P1040818.JPG
P1040819.JPG
My biggest clone here, she is growing vigorously every day even with a broken arm. I accidentally got a little overzealous a few days ago and cracked the stem about 30/40% the way through, super clean break, so I tore small strips of tape and made a band-aid, good as new. The branch didn't even wilt, it laid down for awhile(took a nap) and within a few hours already looked fine. By the next morning check, it was raised to the Mars II 400 like nothing ever happened. Plant also topped only one time early, loves to be topped, no slow growth at all, just plows through no problem. The Bay 11 clones I have are 80/20 Sativa so it's no surprise topping them doesn't stop them.

P1040823.JPG
The second clone, not as big but still very healthy, only an inch or so shorter so they are very close. Overall, I'm already an EARLY fan of these girls.
You will getting more addicted to them when they grow bigger :cheesygrinsmiley:

Add a 400w light Bammers, you can get 10 degrees higher in tep. :circle-of-love: The tep. of the 400w light will be doubled than a 150w light. :high-five:
Hi Guys, hopefully someone can help me out here.

I use a 150w reflector led in summer time where I am as the room temp is generally a constant 27c / 80f.

As winter is aproaching I need to buy a new light to keep my grow box in the 25deg range (room temps where I grow will be between 10-15deg (50-60f).

My grow space is 2ft x 2ft x 5ft - can someone tell me weather the old 300w led or 400w mars 2 would be better to bring my temps up 10deg in that space? How much more heat does the mars2 400w put off in comparison to the 150w reflector? Double ? more?

Does anyone grow in a similar size space with one of the above lights?

Thanks.

:circle-of-love:
I grow in the exact same space and the mars 400 puts out some heat but I don't know about those low of temperatures. My hallway is set to 71 degrees the room the tent is in is a northeast room and is usually 68/69 degrees and with vortex full blast(kinda overkill,upgrading to 2x4 late summer) I run 72/73 degrees consistently,and never exceeds 75f. You may need a space heater that's pretty chilly.

Good evening Dennise:circle-of-love:
You must always have the veg switch on or the fans will not be running..... so you must run both switches for flower.....:circle-of-love:

:circle-of-love:
I grow in a 2' x 2' x 5' tent and when I am in veg I run a 96x3 w reflector and in flower I run a Mars II 400... The Mar II 400 runs about 10 degrees warmer.....:circle-of-love:

Need advice please.

Im new into growing but it has always been my dream to grow my own supply..

Now to my question.

Could i expect a decent and reasonable growth of a 400 w mars 2 led light?
How many would i be able to grow at a time?

I plan to grow it in a grow tent, what size of the grow tent would you recommend for a 400w led?

Is 1 400w Mars hydro led enough to grow ?
Would you recommend me to get a stronger light?
My budget is tight but if its a big diffrence in terms of quality of the havrest, i will probably consider going for the stronger light.

Thank you.

Need advice please.

Now to my question.

I plan to grow it in a grow tent, what size of the grow tent would you recommend for a 400w led?

My budget is tight but if its a big diffrence in terms of quality of the havrest, i will probably consider going for the stronger light.

Thank you.

Hi... and welcome to 420.... You are more than welcome to check my journal in my signature.... Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual
I grow with 2 Mars ii 400's and several different 3w reflectors... Pretty much anything you want to see about these lights you will find in that journal.... I love my Top Led/ Mars-Hydros and I'm a real person...:goof:.....:circle-of-love:

Hello noirohl, welcome to big 420 family here.:420: Usually our mars II will work good for a tent space 3'x3'.:circle-of-love: I cannot recommend how many plants is good for the space, it depend on which kind of plants you are going to grow. Can you tell me your grow plan more specificly? :high-five: Then I can recommend a suitable light for you. :circle-of-love:
Need advice please.

Now to my question.

Thank you.

Photos sharing time! :cheer::cheer:
For our new sun series, we have made some adjustments based on our friends's test feedback. :love: See below picture, we add the close quarter bracket. The light will be more firmly hanged, less swing, if you hang it with the bracket. :circle-of-love:
QQ_20150129151156.jpg

We also keep the brass hooks, so if you like to hang the light with the hooks, it will be also OK.
QQ_20150129150629.jpg

The bracket is firmly fixed by screw on the both sides of the lights, rest assured that you will use it safely. :Namaste:
QQ_20150129150629.jpg

As the feedback says, it will be more conviniently if there is an on/off switch, therefore we add one for you. Cheers! :cheer:
QQ_20150129151222.jpg

Also the fans and heat sink is inproved. :volcano-smiley:

Any one has more advices, please tell us. :cheesygrinsmiley: We will adjust more if it is practical and useful. Even if we cannot modify this time, we will try to improve our lights in the future production. :thanks:

It is OK Krypticphil, we all learning and I know you will be great in the future :cheesygrinsmiley:. :circle-of-love:

Yeah it's a different learning curb for me with these LED, very different from outdoors. And at the moment I have not got everything dialed in but it's working great for me. Just a couple of minor adjustments I need to do.

Back
Top Bottom