Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

The recommendation schedule is 20/4 or 18/6 during veg, 12/12 during flower. :circle-of-love: when do veg, keep the light above the plant 18~24 inches, and when do flower, keep it above your plants 12~18 inches. :high-five:
Hey All :)

Got the rest of my stuff i need for my new grow space on order now so shouldnt be too long before i can get growing!!

Quick question : if using Auto seeds what light schedule do people use and do you have to alter the distance of the lamps to the plants during the veg and flower cycles?
Thank you b.real :thumb:
you should run autos on a 18/6 or 16/8 light schedule and start 24" away from leds. the plant will grow towards the light, but don't let it get closer than 12-18".
no. you should run autos on a 18/6 or 16/8 light schedule the entire time for the best yield. 20+ hours of light is too stressful. where cannabis is from gets 14-15 hours of sun max during the summer solstice.

Thank you supergroomer :circle-of-love:
My very first grow was an auto Jock Horror. I had it at 18/6 for the first 6 weeks or so. Then I got impatient and switched it to 12/12 to force it to start flowering. I probably would have gotten more from it if I had left her at 18/6. I know there are a lot of people who do autos all the time, so wait for their response. ;)
When do flower, you need to change the light schedule WhiteBoy. :circle-of-love:
I was under the impression that autos don't need a change in light cycle to start flowering.
Am I wrong ?
Thanks Wahtoogee :thumb:
You can do autos 24/7, but I kinda think its a good idea to give them a few hour break to process sugars, etc.. I do autos on 20/4 schedule.
Would you need to change the light cycle to promote flowering ?
:thumb:
You can do autos 24/7, but I kinda think its a good idea to give them a few hour break to process sugars, etc.. I do autos on 20/4 schedule.

True Autos do not need a photoperiod light change to flower. Ruderalis strain takes care of that....

Congrats HydroHeliac, your plants will love them :cheesygrinsmiley:
Wow, I ordered my two 1600w on the 17th. Today they came at 12 pm. TWO DAYS! And Tina is just as polite as Sara to deal with. Great job so far mars hydro! I will unbox later today :) thank you sara and tina.

-HH

Good evening Dennise. :reading420magazine::nomo:
IMO the beauty of growing autos is you can kinda throw them into either tent you have enough room in.... They will flower when they want to no matter what light schedule you have them on... I haven't grown but one to finish and have 2 going now but they all just got shoved where I could fit them and the first one I harvested almost 3.5 oz dry off of her...:circle-of-love:

What should I say, they are just beautiful. :thumb::cheer:
Thank you very much sarah and i will try to keep you updated as much as possible. these are the same plants in the smaller tent i posted before about a little more than 7 1/2 weeks flower getting ready for harvest and my new 900 watt light just came in so im going to take out the 900 watt t5 i have in there and have 700 watts of true mars led lights in my 4x4 :thumb: thank you and ill make sure to post a link to my grow in the 4x4
WP_0005081.jpg
WP_0005072.jpg
WP_0005061.jpg

:circle-of-love:
You are correct. However, I was told that if you want it to go to flower faster, go 12/12. It would have gone to flower eventually and probably been bigger, but I was impatient. ;)

They look just fine now. :thumb:
Lol completely understandable , I'm very impatient my self .
I just got a strawberry blue and lemon kush feminized seed to spourt in the pure FFOF .
Got two random bag seeds I'm experimenting with in MG peat moss and FFOF mixed just to see the results ( can't gain experience without experimenting)
All four sprouted and seem to like the Marshydro .
image21703.jpg

Got my light 22 inches away .

How are we lookin ? Lol

Auto is faster to harvest than regular strains, also easier to grow with.
Do you think autos are able to harvest quicker then a fem ?
I plan on trying out a scrog so I'm not sure about throwing in a auto half way through . I feel like the other plants will block the auto from getting any light.
Did you have that problem ?
:circle-of-love:
And I've been doing good on the humidity/temp probs I had . Temps seem to be around 70-75, humidity around 40-50
Thank you Dennise :thumb:
You definitely get to harvest faster but normally it is not as much quantity as you get off a regular bean... The auto PE I got the 3.5 oz off of is not the norm I don't think... and she was for the most part grown under a 48x3w in a 1'x1' cabinet... I bent and torured that poor thing but she gave me some mighty fine meds... Still some of my favorite now....:circle-of-love:
As far as it being blocked from the light... it's no different that any of them there IMO... If there is light it will try and find it but if it is being over shadowed it's not going to perform as well... for lack of a better way to put it.....:circle-of-love:

Thank you JohnnieJCd3 :circle-of-love: :passitleft:
My tent is exactly the same range, absolutely wonderful. As long as you water/feed and let them dry out in between; lather rinse repeat.

Re: Reflector 48x3W specs

Hello holist2002, thank you for your below questions. :circle-of-love:
For our 48x3w lights, there is on fan in it which makes 77.2cfm.
Hello and Hi :thanks:

Reflector 48x3W units..

What are:
-The fan cfm?
-fan decibels? in a silent room, how far away do you have to be to not hear it?
As to the decibels, it is around 40db, very silent this light. :high-five:
The demension we have on our website is the rectangle area of our lights. :high-five:
292x264x50mm(11.5*10.4*2 in) is listed on the website
-is that the *exact* dimensions, including the bumps from the screws on the sides, and the bump of the switches?
-What is the dimensions of only the silver rectangle area that has the LEDs?
-If you switch off Bloom, how many red LEDs will stay on?
Sorry holist2002, I cannot tell you this, company privacy :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry guys, I asked Tina write this for me, forget to change the name. :cheesygrinsmiley: Hope there will not be any chaos. :Namaste:

Sara,

I think most of us would prefer to know Sara is a real, single person, not a commercial "personality". It's fine if you need Tina to post information on the forum, but she should sign her name or, better yet, post as SmokeTina or something.

I hope the owners of the Mars Hydro brand recognize how much value you have built in the company by providing such a high level of customer service. Your personal interactions with potential customers on these forums sell a lot of lights. We all love the real Hu Sara, not Company Sara.

:Namaste:

Hello holist2002, thank you for your below questions. :circle-of-love:
For our 48x3w lights, there is on fan in it which makes 77.2cfm.

As to the decibels, it is around 40db, very silent this light. :high-five:
The demension we have on our website is the rectangle area of our lights. :high-five:

Sorry holist2002, I cannot tell you this, company privacy :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you SmokeSara

no worries about company secrets.. Anyone wanting to know details would just buy a unit and learn all the details. :clown: I'm only asking for my own purposes. :blushsmile:

Could you help me understand about the fan sound a bit better. If the light was in a silent room, how far away would I have to be to not hear it?

Also, could you share the fan decibels for the UFO 60x3w old model?

Thanks, I'm new to LED lights, and am looking at only a few. All but one are from mars hydro. ..Mars hydro has the best range of bands, quality, customer experience.. and at a good price. I want to make the best choice I can, so all the details help.

I'm okay without the exact dimensions now. I was looking at a very small cabinet.. not an issue anymore :)
And I re-read the website and see that the Reflector's Veg switch alone is enough for vegging. So no need to know the exact details on that. Thanks!

The lights were shipped from China? Then it might happen at the customs. :volcano-smiley: Sometimes the customs is harder to clear.
just got a call/email requesting another $300 to have the lights released by australian customs, does this sound legit?
Thank you for the update. :cheesygrinsmiley: That's a relief
Sorry. This has been sorted

Thank you Dennise, I would like to, but a lot celebrities just got caught in China when they were found smoking canabis, and I am so afraid to join them. :(
Morning Sara....:passitleft: Looks like your going to need this.....:circle-of-love:

Thank you CoNerd, that's really kind of you to say so. It is always me here, and I also appreciate all of yours friendship here. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Sara,

I think most of us would prefer to know Sara is a real, single person, not a commercial "personality". It's fine if you need Tina to post information on the forum, but she should sign her name or, better yet, post as SmokeTina or something.

I hope the owners of the Mars Hydro brand recognize how much value you have built in the company by providing such a high level of customer service. Your personal interactions with potential customers on these forums sell a lot of lights. We all love the real Hu Sara, not Company Sara.

Hey holist2002, thank you for your understanding. I cannot tell you how far away you will not hear the fans noise, but the 48x3w light makes very little noise that might just a little louder than your PC fans. :circle-of-love:
Thank you SmokeSara

no worries about company secrets.. Anyone wanting to know details would just buy a unit and learn all the details. :clown: I'm only asking for my own purposes. :blushsmile:

Could you help me understand about the fan sound a bit better. If the light was in a silent room, how far away would I have to be to not hear it?

and the fan decibels of the old model 100x3w?
Sure, the UFO and 100x3w uses same fans on them, UFO has one fan and the 100x3w light has 3 of them, and I can tell you one of the fan will make only 32db sounds from it.

I understand your position, please feel free to contact me for the questions, I am sure you will not regret if you choose us. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks, I'm new to LED lights, and am looking at only a few. All but one are from mars hydro. ..Mars hydro has the best range of bands, quality, customer experience.. and a good price. I want to make the best choice I can, so all the details help.

I'm okay without the exact dimensions now. I was looking at a very small cabinet.. not an issue anymore :)
And I re-read the website and see that the Reflector's Veg switch alone is enough for vegging. So no need to know the exact details on that.
:high-five:

Thank you SmokeSara

and the fan decibels of the old model 100x3w?

And I re-read the website and see that the Reflector's Veg switch alone is enough for vegging. So no need to know the exact details on that.

holist2002,

I'm using the 48x3's and the fans sound like a typical computer fan. In a silent room, you can clearly hear them. Most of the noise comes from the blades passing by the grill at medium RPM. They have already lowered the noise by adding standoffs which separate the blades from the case/grill. They don't seal the gap caused by the standoffs, so there's lot's of wasted CFM.

You could make this light almost silent by replacing the stock fan with a speed controlled, "silent" computer fan and increasing the standoff size. The fan has it's own 12V power supply and the light runs very cool. It would easily get by with less CFM. Be sure to seal the gap between the fan and the case. It will sound like a modern desktop PC.

The reflectors vent out all sides, so you can't block them. You need at least 1/4 - 1/2 inch clearance on all sides.

I have a 4.6 ft sq grow tent and the ventilation fan is the dominant noise. You have to vent to keep moisture and heat down. Keeping that near silent will be difficult.

Let me know if you need more details.

Back
Top Bottom