Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I will check it :thumb:
I just sent the pic you couldn't see from Lostreas to your email....:circle-of-love:
:high-five:
Everything I wanted answered has been, I will be returning my lights ASAP for replacements. Lucy and Sara I thank both of you for the help, I wish best of luck to the other customers who are in need of assistance.

I will be back once I receive my replacent lights.

Dear apeshot, we are trying to offer our best service, you told us that the fans are now working, or making too much noise, so we want you to check how many fans are working ineffeciently then we can ship the replacement fans to you. :Namaste: We don't have a replacement center in AU right now, so we cannot help you fix it, and we send an instruction video to you to make things easier. Please also try to understand us from your side. :Namaste:
I emailed and the reply was not from Lucy, it was from Tina and it said the same thing as what I have been told on here, this is a quote from the email:
Not helpful at all.

They are accepting both of my lights as a return and are going to send 2 new 144x5
Lucy even offered to send me 1 Mars II 1200 if i wanted to go with that instead. Not sure what i'm going to do yet but i can say the issue will be resolved soon.

They will be sending the replacements once they have received conformation my lights arrived at the repair facility.

Hope everyone else has their problems solved, customer service is still top notch.

These things happen, and as someone stated earlier it's how the company responds to these situations that determines their reputation.
Well there you go.:goodjob:

I'm glad you have had some success. I am still being told I need to do the repair work myself on my brand new light.

I'm glad you have had some success. I am still being told I need to do the repair work myself on my brand new light.

I sent the lights back this morning, I bought one day shipping and insurance on the packages.

Waiting to hear from Lucy as to when and what light(s) I will be getting as replacement.

I hope you can find a better solution to your problem rather than fixing it yourself, I will be lurking in the shadows to see how it unfolds.

I'll be back to update when I get more info on my situation

Another issue that's troubling me beyond the light that does not turn completely off along with the rest, is that it's been a week and still status hasn't changed in DHL's site considering an order about 1200w Mars Hydro i placed. Any way to learn where the package is now? Considering the first problem, i searched and found 1 or 2 more threads where led lights don't turn completely off with lights off, they are very very dimly lit. Still unable to know whether it allowed plants to flower normally or if they hermied.

Another issue that's troubling me beyond the light that does not turn completely off along with the rest, is that it's been a week and still status hasn't changed in DHL's site considering an order about 1200w Mars Hydro i placed. Any way to learn where the package is now? Considering the first problem, i searched and found 1 or 2 more threads where led lights don't turn completely off with lights off, they are very very dimly lit. Still unable to know whether it allowed plants to flower normally or if they hermied.

Not that it should be on, but I don't think a dimly lit LED is going to be an issue. I have power strips in my tents with little red lights and that has not caused any problems. :peace:

Not that it should be on, but I don't think a dimly lit LED is going to be an issue. I have power strips in my tents with little red lights and that has not caused any problems. :peace:

I wish this is the case. Would you risk to enter flowering with all your plants being photoperiods, photoperiod plants which have been 45 days in veg and are your only future private stash? If they were autos, i would not be troubled, although still, the light should turn completely off.

I wish this is the case. Would you risk to enter flowering with all your plants being photoperiods, photoperiod plants which have been 45 days in veg and are your only future private stash? If they were autos, i would not be troubled, although still, the light should turn completely off.

I can't see how much light is coming from the LED in your picture. If it is fully lit, there might be an issue. If it is dim, I wouldn't think it should hurt. Others may have a different opinion. :peace:

Waiting for mars2 400w and free reflector 150w for arrival. :cheer:

Plants are growing good, but 5 are too mush for 60 x 90 x 150cm
So gonna make another small growcloset and move pregrow(2x55w TL) there and will also use it for the reflector 150w 1 plant scrog :)

Big closet will be 180cm height than for mars2 400w(2 regular grow) and reflector 300w(2 scrog) :yummy:
That should be enough coverage and give good yield as 700w led equals 400w hps

Want my first grow to be a good one :blushsmile:

Hello to everyone, hello Sara...I recently got 300w "old models" from you and i am facing a slight problem with one of them. When the lights go off, one of the leds stays dimly lit as you can see in the pic. There appears to be no light in the room but if you look underneath the led you can see its very very dimly light.

I was wondering if this is gonna cause a problem in flowering since i know that even the slightest light could create problems. I haven't understood because you can't really see anything in my room with lights off, even the slightest glow of light. But when i look under this damn led, i am seeing it how i described and what you see in the pic. What can i do for this? I tried to connect it to a different timer (i have them connected to a relay timer that you can see in the pic too), to different socket, still the same. It goes completely off only if i don't have it connected to any socket. I can't do everyday the same with lights off come flowering time. It would be very impractical.

Thank you.

180468dc_l.jpeg

You are getting bleed through your timer there is nothing wrong with the light if you have a meter check the voltage at the timer when it is off there should be 0 volts since LED's use a low voltage the amount leaking through is enough to light those few lights. Vary common when changing over to LED bulbs in a series circuit in a house to have a light that glows until switch is changed. Like I said just use a meter and go through the power timers when they should be off until you find the source and change it.

I uploaded two pics without flash mode. It was time to take some sexy pics with lights on with led and lights off completely too :p. You can see them in the pic i uploaded, the led diodes seem bright enough in my opinion.

20150612_001545.jpg

20150612_001540.jpg

You are getting bleed through your timer there is nothing wrong with the light if you have a meter check the voltage at the timer when it is off there should be 0 volts since LED's use a low voltage the amount leaking through is enough to light those few lights. Vary common when changing over to LED bulbs in a series circuit in a house to have a light that glows until switch is changed. Like I said just use a meter and go through the power timers when they should be off until you find the source and change it.

That seems like a good explanation to me. I will try another relay timer i have and see. I used 2 different timers and 2 different power sockets and the result is the same. I don't have a meter to do what you are saying. Gonna see how much it costs and buy one if need be. Edit:But why only 1 out of 4 units does this? And why this light does the same with other timer in other socket?

That seems like a good explanation to me. I will try another relay timer i have and see. I used 2 different timers and 2 different power sockets and the result is the same. I don't have a meter to do what you are saying. Gonna see how much it costs and buy one if need be. Edit:But why only 1 out of 4 units does this? And why this light does the same with other timer in other socket?

It is either the first in the series or the resistance is lower in that light allowing the current to flow through it. Electricity is like water and takes the path of least resistance. The lights can neither create power or store enough to operate for extended periods if you could figure how they can you would be rich. Old style and worn switches or timers allow low current to flow through them which is enough to operate the lights with low output . Power sockets wont matter it is the power source the timer is the control device and if all your timers are of the same make or age they could be at fault another item to check is the rating of your timer if all four lights are on one timer or if you used them on high draw items for a long time previously they might be damaged. Checked some timers I am not using the new ones less than .25 volts old ones 1.9 volts both dial type and digital. You might try moving the light plugs around and see if it changes anything as far as meters go there are $6 and there are $600. a simple one from any hardware or home store under $10 should do. The main thing is off is off and current is coming from somewhere in home lighting problems usually are caused by dimmer switches a series of three or four lights and the first will glow when the switch is off. Remember the first law of electricity it's PURE F'N Magic

+1 on Randy's explanation.. That light HAS to be getting voltage/current somehow.... If the timer is truly off, there should be ZERO volts at the output socket. A simple VOM can be had for cheep! Harbor Freight has em for like 6 bucks..

Right now I really don't know how to help you, can you give us some clue? Since you don't wanna tell us what and how many the fans' problem is, we have no idea what can we do to help you. :Namaste:
Evening Munchies, hope you get the replaced lights soon, :circle-of-love:
I sent the lights back this morning, I bought one day shipping and insurance on the packages.

Waiting to hear from Lucy as to when and what light(s) I will be getting as replacement.

I hope you can find a better solution to your problem rather than fixing it yourself, I will be lurking in the shadows to see how it unfolds.

I'll be back to update when I get more info on my situation

High rebeccca39. you will need 4pcs of 900w light for your space, :thumb: Email me when need to order. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hi, I question to the rep. of Mars

-how many Mars II, do I need to cover a surface of 2x2 m2 ?

Regards from Sweden

Back
Top Bottom