Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

The exact specification is still not available. Believe me, it will not let you down:cheer:. They are CREE XPE! I was a fan of MarsII before. Now the Cree lights totally win me over. :Namaste:

Whats the draw power going to be for the new cree lights?

My dear friends, there is a good news, hmm... maybe not so good for supporters for Reflector 3watt leds.:cheesygrinsmiley: Either way, I am so excited to inform you guys from Europe.:cheesygrinsmiley: Our Reflector in Germany warehouse has all been updated to 5watt leds. :cheer: Also, except for 48x3w light, all the other reflector series in US are also upgrated to 5watt ones now. :yummy:
Have not get the news to incrase the price yet, my boss might forget this, haha, :tokin: So feel free to order everyone. :party:

Hi Sara,
very nice to hear, so can i finally send those 144x3w back and get 144x5w as we discussed ?
Wish you nice and sucesfull day.

My dear friends, there is a good news, hmm... maybe not so good for supporters for Reflector 3watt leds.:cheesygrinsmiley: Either way, I am so excited to inform you guys from Europe.:cheesygrinsmiley: Our Reflector in Germany warehouse has all been updated to 5watt leds. :cheer: Also, except for 48x3w light, all the other reflector series in US are also upgrated to 5watt ones now. :yummy:
Have not get the news to incrase the price yet, my boss might forget this, haha, :tokin: So feel free to order everyone. :party:

Oinnk, good stuff... Bring an electronics geek myself, I like the data.

Regarding the draw of MH fixtures (and every other fixture!) There is going to be some variability due to each and every LED has a tolerance range.. So if yours is 317 watt draw, doubt the very next light made will be the same... Close, but not exact. Plus voltage feed variances,etc...

Db003, plant looks nice! Did you look at the trichomes? (I like around 20% Amber) To me that plant looks like it could use another week or two to fatten up those buds... "Never cut a plant before its time!" :)

Some updated pictures of my Bomb Girls under the Mars II 900 after 22 days of flower. Taken just before lights on so only had time for 2 pictures.

Most of the garden
IMG_010541.JPG

And a close up of a Cherry Bomb bud with the fans leaves starting to frost up as well
IMG_010634.JPG

new member here. I 100% want to buy into the mars II grow lights but have a couple of concerns with electricity usage in which maybe the members of this community can help me out?

I want to purchase 4 x mars II 1600 watt grow lights with a draw power of 780 watts each grow light. 4 x 780 watts = 3120 watts or 3.1 kW per hour.

Going off those numbers i plan to have another 1000 watts in total to control the humidity, fans, heat/cooling, etc. So in total im looking at 4kW/hour of usage.

My concern here lies with the amount of energy being used here. Do you guys think using around 4kW/h of energy usage at roughly $0.12 per kW/h is too much? Im asking because ever since electric companies put in smart meters into your home, they are able to track the amount of electricity you draw on a per hour basis. Before the smart meters, the old meters were only able to provide info on how much energy you used for the entire month. Huge difference.

Things like smart meters help electric companies spot the 18 or 12 hour light cycles so i was thinking to minimize the risk, i should have two grow rooms that flip flop to make it look like a constant amount of energy being used. For example, instead of having 4kw/h running for 18 or 12 hour cycles (depending on the plant life cycle you are on) you have only 2kw/h from one tent running 12 to 18 hour cycles and once thats done, switch off the lights in that tent and turn on the lights in the 2nd tent and keep alternating from there. Am i too paranoid about all of this? We are talking about a house grow, not apartment if your wondering.

If anything i would buy many more lights from mars but as it stands, i need some expertise on how to blend in by being stealthy.

Also, how many grams per watts are you guys getting with these lights?

Another thing, the mars website mentioned the mars II 1600w grow light is comparable to a 1000 watt HPS, but it only draws 780 watts. Am i reading that wrong? When the website mentions 1600w, does that mean the light can deliver that much wattage when only drawing 780 watts?

Thanks

I think the 1600 watts is an equivalent to hps lights as LEDs do run very bright.

You could stagger your lights on and off cycles to stop spikes showing. For example a tent on 12/12 could have one light come on after 12 hours dark then the next would come on half an hour or more after the first and so on. It would just be like replicating sunrise. As the day goes on it gets brighter. You would be hard pushed to flip flop so that it would seem continuous. Either way a pattern will show unless you vary coming on times.

My last grow using two LEDs one of which was a Mars II 1200 yielded 4.9 grams per watt from 3 plants.

Another thing, the mars website mentioned the mars II 1600w grow light is comparable to a 1000 watt HPS, but it only draws 780 watts. Am i reading that wrong? When the website mentions 1600w, does that mean the light can deliver that much wattage when only drawing 780 watts?

Thanks

Hey Buzz

The reason LEDs of lower wattage can replace a HPS or MH of higher wattage is mainly because the LEDs ONLY produce the light needed by the plants. They don't waste wattage producing light the plants don't use like the HPS and MH do.

Best of luck mate

420 buzzon

What a fantastic 1st post :)
I wish I could reply with a definite answer.
I to was tricked into getting a smart meter a couple of years ago and the penny dropped on my mind a few weeks after instalation wen I realised how much like big brother they are. I have only used upto 1kw on lights plus maybe 200watt on extras for grows since mine was installed with no problems. Iv thought about going "big" before. And I thought if I did I'd maybe contact my energy company and enquire about business rates. Say to them that I'm running my business from my extension at back of property (high usage) something like a woodwork shop or reptile breeding house. Then they'd have u on a high usage business plan maybe taking the heat off you. They'd be expecting u to be using a lot of power not like in a 3 bedroom semi or something

Dang I forgot about those smart meters - is that really a huge issue for small tent I a home? I saw one grow where the ladies were left in the dark an extra hour for resin production. Is 11/13 off a better way to simulate fall and build final yield?
For Veg I could vary 18 to 24 on to keep from showing a pattern. What the heck! All to hide nature from Machiavelli. :/

hello every one my first harvest ever of my green crack and bud washing I still have one more plant but I will chop that one when I gets a little more ripe

0012426.JPG

0022373.JPG

0042134.JPG

0052007.JPG

the buckets after bud washing
0061781.JPG

0081511.JPG

0091347.JPG

the hang dry
012973.JPG

013887.JPG

014802.JPG

015733.JPG

the leaf trim and the buds that were to small to hang
0101237.JPG

0111071.JPG

more good news today I just got my mars II 700w from u.p.s. and installed it in my flower tent so the Larry og Kush will finish off under my new light the mars II 700w

p.s. I thought my mar II 400 was bright man but the mars II 700 holy cow that thing is bright :drool:

018551.JPG

Back
Top Bottom