Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Look guys i dont work for mars but mars lights have proved themselves now when i wanted to get into LED growing i went many years back in my research to 1watt led they wernt so good 3 watt led are excellent then the 5 watt leds came out and wernt as good but now they improved the 5 watt leds and there just as good now they have COB lights chip on board which some say there the best but the proof is in the grow.. Now those 300watt mars 2 lights i have not seen a grow with them but if you undecied look a youtube for a grow result, again i got 1 300 watt mars classic 3 watt and i think its killer but if your buying a new light the mars 600 watt or better and the reflector series are the best cause i dont think you can find the 100x3 classics anymore..... Ive seen grows with most mars light except the 300 watt 5 watt led models so in time that model will have to prove itself just remember for good resin production and yield get as much light as you can, i seen a earlier post on a specific reflector series model your answer is YES its a great light for a small grow or scrog

i have 2 "old" old model 100X3W in a 2X3 area ...... they are working very good and for me i think this is clearly better to have 2 or more units than just 1 big unit .... better light distribition. and light distribution is a big problem for led panels.

if you have a low budget .... go for the 60X5W panels and you will be satisfied

if you have a big budget ..... go for mars2 series

personaly .... for my 2X3 area ..... i dont want to have only 1 big unit, even if mars2 are better .... i really really prefer 2 units.

i have too a mars2 400W for a 2X2 area .... it work good .... but i feel the unit is too small and i would prefer 2 smaller ones ..... my result are very good, but i can see that on the edge of the walls, plants are clearly having less lighning than my other area with 2 panels.

in my mind ..... the perfect setting would be a 100W UFO for each square foot (30cmX30cm) ..... but mars hydro dont have 100W UFO, unfortunatly .... they have 180W UFOs (60X3) and this is perfect for a 40cmX40cm (1.7 square foot) area each

in my mind, the perfect setting would be many many many UFOs everywhere (or maybe many 60X5) .... but a lot of units is very expensive at the end .....

if you have a low budget .... go for the 60X5 panels and you will be satisfied

if you have a big budget ..... go for mars2 series

Well I realized just today that the "newer" old-model with the 5W LEDs are basically not THAT different from the Mars II, or if there are any differences I don't think they're major, to be honest. If I had a big budget I would def. not buy the Mars II but rather get some COB lights.

I agree that with more lights you're better and more flexible, that's why I said above that IMHO 2x 60x5W is better than one large Mars II.

It is my understanding that lights with 5W LEDs are "better" than the 3W LED lights, this is what I read a few times. But so or so, I dont think there is a *major* difference between 100x3 and 60x5

i will never buy a COB (chip on board) panel ..... cause if only 1 led chip is burning, the entire unit is down ....... not for me

nobody really know if 60X5W old models are using the same chips as mars2 series .... i dont think so ... cause the price is really different

so, i dont think we can call the old model 60X5W a smaller version of the mars2 unit ...... no, mars2 are better quality and the led chips are not the same i think

maybe Sara can tell us if 60X5W old model are using the same led chips as 80X5W mars2 ..........

Well I realized just today that the "newer" old-model with the 5W LEDs are basically not THAT different from the Mars II, or if there are any differences I don't think they're major, to be honest. If I had a big budget I would def. not buy the Mars II but rather get some COB lights.

I agree that with more lights you're better and more flexible, that's why I said above that IMHO 2x 60x5W is better than one large Mars II.

It is my understanding that lights with 5W LEDs are "better" than the 3W LED lights, this is what I read a few times. But so or so, I dont think there is a *major* difference between 100x3 and 60x5

I think the old model has a lower quality heat sink, and doesn't have any Infrared LEDs on the panel.

if the difference beetween "new" old model and mars2 series is ONLY the heat sink and infrared ..... wow, forget about mars2 and go for the "new" old models 60X5 or 120X5 gang!

i cant wait to know it from Sara ....

I think the old model has a lower quality heat sink, and doesn't have any Infrared LEDs on the panel.

:circle-of-love: welcome back yuyo, in US, all Reflector series has been updated to 5w leds except Reflector 48x3w. In Germany warehouse, all Reflector are with 5w leds. Moreover, the price has not been increased yet, the same as before. :cheer:

Does this mean that if I order the 3W Reflector series from the MarsHydro website, and choose ''Europe''(Denmark) shipping option, I will receive the 5W panels?

she is telling that cause the price is very low and they dont want to lost money loll

old models are very good lights

if you want to grow for real cheap, go for old model series and you will be satisfied

for an easy guideline .... use 100W (led watt, not true watt) for each square foot .......

if you have a 2X3 area for exemple (6 square feet), 2 panel of 60X5W (300W) or 1 panel of 120X5 (600W) will be very nice ....but never forget that 2 panels is better for light distribution.

60X5W (300W) "new" old model panels consume about 130W true watts each from the wall.

if your choice is a 2.5 X 2.5 foot grow tent for exemple .... you have 6.25 square foots .... you can do great in that area with a 600W old model (or 2X 300W) or with a 700W mars2 or with a 480W reflector (or 2X 240W) ... 144X5 (720w) reflector is better for that area but dont fit the tent lol (3X 240W do fit) .

keep in mind 100W (led watt) or near for each square foot and you are sure to have a good setting.

my english is horrible too dont worry lol

Hey Guys, my englisch is Not so good i am very Happy you Help me ;-)

I am from Germany and no price for Shipping ;-)

I dont have a tent now but i Order very soon i dont now which size are good for the LED???

Hm the Reflector have also 5 Watt Chips!

I thought the New 60x5 are better than 100x3.... I dont now what i Order ;-( Sarah make me unhappy because she say the old Modell are Not good Quality lights...

Love You Guys! I Order now to 2x300 Watt old Modell 60x5 :) i never grow indoor and I cant wait i saw plants with LED they growing so Damm huge i newer saw plants under the Sun so good! And the Quality from the Buds are good Bad Question sorry ;-) I have trouble under the Sun all the time the buds are Not so good Problems with Budrot when is raining etc.. Shit place in Germany

Edit: i dont now feet ore square feet ;) in cm please

Love You Guys! I Order now to 2x300 Watt old Modell 60x5 :) i never grow indoor and I cant wait i saw plants with LED they growing so Damm huge i newer saw plants under the Sun so good! And the Quality from the Buds are good Bad Question sorry ;-) I have trouble under the Sun all the time the buds are Not so good Problems with Budrot when is raining etc.. Shit place in Germany

1 sq ft =30.48 cm on each side

heuuuu ....

1 square foot = 30.5 X 30.5cm .... 1 square meter = 10.8 square foots ... 1 square meter = 10 000 square cm
1 square foot = 930 square centimeter ........ 30 cm X 30 cm = 900 square cm (900, 930 or 1000 is almost the same lol)

so, i think your better option is to count in square meters or square centimeters ...... so, you can count 100W (led watt) for each 1000 square centimeter or so ....

so for a 2.5 X 2.5 foot grow tent ... it mean 75 X 75 centimeter = 5625 square centimeters ..... you need 560W of LED watts (or 600W)

oufff, i hope it helped lol

Left a message on your website earlier today then thought about the forum here.

Problem I have is heat related. I have 3 of your lights (1 old style & 2 reflector - all 300W. Have been trying to use the old style one in a 2x2x4 grow tent but can not get the temp to a usable level. Even with the 4" exhaust fan and the screened view windows open the temp won't get below the upper 80s and with the windows closed the temp rises to the upper 90s.

Can you give me some suggestions on how to get the temp under control? Or let me know if you have something like a ducted hood for the light to allow it to be vented directly to the exterior of the tent?

I really need to get your lights working properly within acceptable temp limits. I aadisabled and on a limited income and bought your lights with the understanding that they were very energy efficient and very cool during operation. As a result I spent a significant portion of the money I had set aside for my medical grow on them and really don't have an option to buy something else to replace them.

I am really hoping you can offer me a solution to my problem.

Thanks in advance for your help, Vern

any other lightning setting will produce more heat anyway ..... going for another source of light is useless, since led lights are the best for heat production

im not sure what i can tell more than that ....... others may have idea for you ......

Problem I have is heat related. I have 3 of your lights (1 old style & 2 reflector - all 300W. Have been trying to use the old style one in a 2x2x4 grow tent but can not get the temp to a usable level. Even with the 4" exhaust fan and the screened view windows open the temp won't get below the upper 80s and with the windows closed the temp rises to the upper 90s.

Can you give me some suggestions on how to get the temp under control? Or let me know if you have something like a ducted hood for the light to allow it to be vented directly to the exterior of the tent?

I really need to get your lights working properly within acceptable temp limits. I aadisabled and on a limited income and bought your lights with the understanding that they were very energy efficient and very cool during operation. As a result I spent a significant portion of the money I had set aside for my medical grow on them and really don't have an option to buy something else to replace them.

Hey Guys, my englisch is Not so good i am very Happy you Help me ;-)

I am from Germany and no price for Shipping ;-)

I dont have a tent now but i Order very soon i dont now which size are good for the LED???

Hm the Reflector have also 5 Watt Chips!

I thought the New 60x5 are better than 100x3.... I dont now what i Order ;-( Sarah make me unhappy because she say the old Modell are Not good Quality lights...

I think what Sara means is the mars2 is better because it is newer. Newer tech is better... Think of iphone 1 is a good phone but iphone 5 is much better...
Old mars LED is good but mars2 is better! They won't rebuild a factory or change construction methods just for a new model light so they are all built about the same....The overall quality for all models will be about the same.
I am looking also and thinking the 'classic' mars LED is a real bargain.
But the mars 2 is also good value.
You should buy your light to fit the grow-space. I like the "reflector" series, because my space will be long and narrow, like 500mm x 2000mm. I could fit 2-3 reflector series lights end to end in that space, and grow maybe 4-8 plants. I'll be starting with 1 light for 2 plants, see how that goes. But 3-4 of the classic 300w lights would do the same job, for a bit cheaper....
I like new stuff, but I am not rich! You can't go wrong if you make sure you have your space covered, whatever light you buy....

:circle-of-love:Uncle, you are the most helpful. There is no confusion or scary. Potential customers will become real because of your help. Thank you. :Namaste:
You're welcome Sara. I'm happy to be of help. I just hope that my lengthy explanation doesn't confuse or scare away any of your potential customers.

:thumb: agreed. hmm... may be the best way is to creat a new tread under Grow Lighting.:Namaste:
Rep+ UncleC,:thumb: this write up should be put on its own in this forum so it is easily accessed and referenced to. I am not sure how it can be done but maybe some of the veteran members to see to it being done.:goodjob:

:Namaste:
"Rep+ UncleC, this write up should be put on its own in this forum so it is easily accessed and referenced to. I am not sure how it can be done but maybe some of the veteran members to see to it being done."

I second that. As comprehensive as you need (just in time for me thinking about LED!), and easy to read.
Should be a sticky! Or whatever you call it... What Celt said!

Hello FloridaSunset

All lights produce some heat so your grow area will always be higher than the ambient temperature. LEDs produce the least light for the output.

Not knowing your setup but having been to Florida a number of times, you may have options to reduce your heat without using air conditioning. If you live in a house or trailer, duct your air intake to the crawl space below your residence. The air there will be cooler because of shade and proximity to the ground.

If this is not an option, you may have to resort to air conditioning. Even a DIY cooler box made from a syrofoam cooler full of ice that your intake air passes through. Just be aware that a DIY cooler box can increase the humidity in your grow tent.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom