Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

hey there everyone. ive got a quick quesiton about the reflector series height adjustment.

the lights are currently hanging from the end of their ropes, to two hooks on the ceiling of the grow room, but i need to move them heigher.

is there any way in shortening the ropes so taht i can move the lights heigher up? thnks!

Get some keychain rings and run them through the connector points. Run a rope through the rings and your ceiling poles. If you don't plan on moving them till after harvest, use zip ties. If you need more ceiling poles I've had buddies use curtain rods that matched the diameter of their original ceiling poles. I rarely use the cables provided with the lights. I stick to keychain rings and ratchet ropes as the keychain rings are strong and easy to connect to.

:peace:

the lights are currently hanging from the end of their ropes, to two hooks on the ceiling of the grow room, but i need to move them heigher.

is there any way in shortening the ropes so taht i can move the lights heigher up? thnks!

I may need a similar solution in a couple of weeks, but my flowering growth has slowed down a lot so I may be OK. But if I have to, I plan on getting some thin metal rods and running them straight through the brass eyelets, cut them to length and then bend the ends out. It looks like that should gain me another six inches or so.

Good luck...and I'm all ears to other suggestions.

sorry for contracting you too uncle ... but 48w / sqft is not overkill at all, it is the perfect ratio. mars2 1600W is the perfect fit for 4X4 and im completly sure of that.

1000W HPS is perfect for 4X4 ... but many have amazing results with 600W HPS too in a 4X4 area ... while some others need more ..... this is the same thing here, yes you can be very good with less power, depend of your style of growing

to replace a 1000W HPS you need a mars2 1600W panel

to replace a 600W HPS you need a mars2 1200W panel

35 or 37w/sqft is the power needed for better quality panels than mars hydro mars2 series ... mars hydro is a grest product, but not the best for power draw

maybe the new panel with cree chips to come soon will use around 35w/sqft, maybe, but not mars2 for sure

Whatever you say brother. But if you have a peak at my current grow, my space is 4'x8' (32 sq/ft) and I'm drawing 1,200 actual watts from the wall for 37.5 watts per square foot. Same as what would be the case for a Mars II 1200 in a 4'x4' space.
Do you think my girls need more light?
Maybe proof that 37.5 watts is adequate for the average Joe to achieve respectable yields for a personal grow even when growing in organic soil without any added "nutes"?

On another note, if I do add more light I would probably need to supplement with CO2 to get the full benefit of the added rays.
In addition, I already have a 15,000 BTU split type HVAC installed in the bedroom where my tent is and if I add more lights to my space I'll be pushing the limits of my AC to keep tent temps within acceptable limits. This is something that all light junkies need to consider before selecting a light.

Anyways, I'm not saying that I'm right and you're wrong. The point that I'm trying to make here is that not everyone needs or wants the largest light possible for their garden. There is no one size fits all.

:peace:

20150720_142128_resized.jpg
20150720_142130_resized.jpg
20150720_144259_resized.jpg
20150720_144303_resized.jpg
The last of my flowering plants came down yesterday. Here is the White Widow for your viewing pleasure.

Apologies for contracting you there DarkSideofMike.

Hey Mike, just so you know man, I haven't put a contract out on you brother. It's either a spell check issue or the fact that I hadn't had my coffee before logging on this morning. :)

yes, less power is often enought for most .... i say that everytimes i give an advice .... just trying to give the best infos for all, cause somes really want to know what is full power and the rest is not important

depend of your setting .... depend of your budget ... depend of your style of growing

respect uncle, your journal is amazing

growing in soil wiht no added nutes is FOR SURE a good reason why you dont need more light for your setting .... even growing in coco with nutes will have enought light in your setting.

full light power is only important for aero/hydroponic growers and high end settings (co2 or not) .... yes, you are completly right in your analyse.

growing in soil and specially with long vegging time .... for sure, dont need full light power

It would be really-REALLY great to see a valid and reliable PAR chart for Mars II 1200 on a 4' x 4' grid @ 12" and 24" high... then you could say anything about CO2 supplement and coverage and anything else, I think so. Until then, we only have the experience.

Have you considered going with 4 of the Mars II 400's instead? This may be a better option for you.

will look for that .... ever saw a nice comparaison beetween growblu and marshydro products with umol and PAR values for each ... cant find it at the first search ... i will soon

It would be really-REALLY great to see a valid and reliable PAR chart for Mars II 1200 on a 4' x 4' grid @ 12" and 24" high... then you could say anything about CO2 supplement and coverage and anything else, I think so. Until then, we only have the experience.

hey there everyone. ive got a quick quesiton about the reflector series height adjustment.

Some use the clips on the wire and replace the wire with a short chain I use a #8 all thread rod with a 1/4 in clevis eye others just use rope or a heavy zip tie between the mount eyes
DSC_2769.jpg

How's it going everybody? I'm brand new and don't know what to do.... Lol Anyway I have been reading for over the past 8 months or so on growing. I'm currently a mmj holder and want to start my own garden sometime soon. My question is about the Mars hydro 2 900w promotion wih tent on Mars hydro website. Grow space is 3'11x3'11x6'7. Is this light efficient enough? Would it be better to get 2 of the 400 series over one 900. I want to go with led lights and Mars hydro is going to be taking my money someday soon I guess I'm just looking for some positive resurance. Thanks all!!

Oh, Anybody ever grow veggies under these lights just curious?

Someone should grow with only half of their normal wattage. You will lose only 15% of your harvest amount. For someone with a small tent that grow just for their needs, it can make a difference in heat and electricity.

Several small lights is the way to go. Not much weight also.

How's it going everybody? I'm brand new and don't know what to do.... Lol Anyway I have been reading for over the past 8 months or so on growing. I'm currently a mmj holder and want to start my own garden sometime soon. My question is about the Mars hydro 2 900w promotion wih tent on Mars hydro website. Grow space is 3'11x3'11x6'7. Is this light efficient enough? Would it be better to get 2 of the 400 series over one 900. I want to go with led lights and Mars hydro is going to be taking my money someday soon I guess I'm just looking for some positive resurance. Thanks all!!

I have grown peppers and used the lights to start my garden plants works great. I prefer multiple smaller lights over one large light but it all depends on your growing style and pocket book

Find the volume of your room. To calculate multiply length x width x height of your growing area e.g. A room that is 8' x 8' x 8' will have a volume of 512 cubic feet.

Your extraction fans need to exchange the air in an indoor grow room once every three minutes. Therefore, 512 cubic feet / 3 minutes = 171 CFMs. This should be your minimum CFMs.

Now Add:

Number of HID lights — add about 5% per air cooled light or 10-15% per non-air cooled light.

Filters: if a carbon filter is to be used with the exhaust system then add 20%

CO2: add 5% for rooms with CO2 enrichment

Ambient temperature: for hot climates (such as Southern California) add 25%, for hot and humid climates (such as Florida) add up to 40%.

I hope that helps

EDIT: LED's I would only add 2% per light if they have fans 5% if not. Also this is not a concrete formula, it's just gathered from various resources and what I use to find the minimum. My 5x5 I went with a 720 CFMs.

Thanks for all that.. But I thought that you should replace air 3-5 times in one minute? I was really just wondering if the fans on the light itself would be enough to change that 40cfm 3-5 times per minute, if I could get the air out the roof...
Sara, can you tell me the CFM of the fans on a 144x3?
:thumb:

You should be fine with that setup. I am using a M2 900 in a 3'6x3'6 area. 4 girls and getting close to harvest.
Here are some recent pictures.

THC Bomb at the back
IMG_014235.JPG

All four girls under the light
IMG_014338.JPG

THC Bomb #1 out for some bondage
IMG_014139.JPG

IMG_014034.JPG

IMG_013938.JPG

Back
Top Bottom