Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hi Jesse pinkman,

Please excuse the intrusion, however it appears that you may not be reading your private messages.

Private Messages aka "PM's" can be viewed in your UserCP.

We ask that you please use our Photo Gallery to upload and post your photos.

If you need help with the gallery, please check out our Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos.

Questions and/or comments regarding this policy can be addressed by replying to one of the PM's I sent.

Thank you for your understanding and support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:

My bad. Sorry never realised, just tryin to share the love :circle-of-love:

Reflective Material
With LED lighting needing distance for the light to blend, I'm wondering if mylar is the best reflective material. Sara, have your guys done any testing on mylar vs flat white paint or another material?? My cabinet is lined with mylar and I can't tell if it's doing anything. I see many different colors from the LED's. Mylar is the go-to for the MH guys but may not be the correct thing to do with LED's. Anyone else have this concern?

Reflective Material
With LED lighting needing distance for the light to blend, I'm wondering if mylar is the best reflective material. Sara, have your guys done any testing on mylar vs flat white paint or another material?? My cabinet is lined with mylar and I can't tell if it's doing anything. I see many different colors from the LED's. Mylar is the go-to for the MH guys but may not be the correct thing to do with LED's. Anyone else have this concern?

I would think Mylar is the best for LED since it's heat conductivity is less of an issue with LED. I attribute much of my light coverage to the reflective material of the Mylar, especially the lower canopy. In most of my photos the only shadows I can find in my tent are those created by the main flap being open to take the photos.

Hey everyone, I'm going to jump in here with a question that seems kinda dumb to me but I simply don't know.

In my room I have very limited head space so I use 12 t5 bulbs over head but I do have space on either end of my 2.5X5 flowering table. I run a SOG style grow where 12 plants are harvested off the right side of the table and the planets all shuffled down and 12 new onto the left side of the table every two weeks so essentially the 12 plants to the right side of the table are always the farthest into flower and within2-3 weeksof harvesting. I'm pretty happy with my results but wanted a boost and was considering hanging a 300ish watt led off the end of the right side of the table shining in sideways as side lighting. I grow in two liters bottles so they are 6 to a row and 9rows deep. I was thinking as side lighting the led could probably penetrate to hit 12-24 plants(2-4) rows which would be the most mature at all times. Would that make any sense to do?

I think you would be better off using some t5's for side lighting and a led panel or two for main lighting.

I am not trying to sell panels its just that if you were to use a led panel for side lighting all the plants near it would grow fast and toward the panel , hogging the led light.

Although if you were to use one as side lighting you would get a larger harvest from part of the outside of one row.

T5's make good side lighting as they are long like the sides of most grows.

If you were under HPS's LED panels would be good for side lighting.

I would have 100% already jumpped on board and done that if I could of LEDbud, problem is I don't have enough overhead space to use LEDS above the plants. They only have about 30inches height including the pot so that is wherethe t5s work well because the plants can be within an inch of them and not be burned. And I understand to be effective the LED pannels need a certain distance from the plant to be effective. I was thiinking the led really for the mid and lower parts if the most mature plants to help where the t5 don't penetrate as well the led could blast them for a couple of weeks to a month and get those lower bud sites to fill in. I also defoliate twice in flower to get more penetration of light which I would think would allow the led to penetrate through to several plants.

That's kind of where I'm wandering if it would be best to have it on the side of the plants that are 2-4 weeks from harvest with t5 above them or the side that is fresh new clones that just got rooted. Or both! Lol if I can afford two pannels

Terp it sounds like your cache is full , the browser cache needs to be deleted on occasion for some people , its caused by random web use.

Ya those adult sites really mess up my machine

If you had two panels sideways it would provide a pretty solid wall of light that could reach around 3ft deep or so, the first 2 ft would be getting the bulk of the light energy and the last foot would compliment the T5's.
I Imagine you could train your garden to take advantage of the light.

If there is a will there is a way , The LED's produce nice bud

It also dawned on me that they grow cannabis with side lighting only in some gardens.. you will be fine using panels for your side lighting. Just train / arrange the gilz to suit.

Or neither if it wouldn't be worth it ��.

When I used T-12's I would put bushy plants together and scrog. I would put tall straight plants together and hang the lights sideways like a wall tying back branches to form and fill in a sideways scrog. The plants would grow towards the light filling in and growing from top to bottom , no penetration problems just a sideways scrog holding a wall of lights 1 to 2 inches from the side.

Here are a couple pictures of the clones.

Incredible Bulk

20151007_065221_resized_1_.jpg

Dream Machine

20151007_065325_resized_1_.jpg
:peace:

Hey I have recently purchased a marshydro 300w led of eBay 60x5w , I was just wondering what distance I should have the light from the top of the plant in veg and flowering? The grow room is 80x80

Welcome!!! If the plants have been under other lights (cfls etc) then start fairly high for a couple days and slowly lower the light as the plants adjust to it. I would start around 30" (65cm) and end around 24" (52cm) in veg. In flower you can get as close as 16-18" (35-40cm). You don't want to go too much closer because you will start loosing the "blend" of the lights. :peace:

When the warranty expires does MarsHydro still offer replacement parts to repair them? I have read here several times that the lights share the same led's and drivers, is this correct? If so what is the difference between old style and MarsHydro II? My old style are 120 x 5 I see many buy 60 x 5 also, these are old style but built in 2015?

Back
Top Bottom