Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

For a square space, you may want to consider a Mars II. A 700 would fill that space nicely and produce great quality buds. You want about 35-50 watts/square foot. A 700 in that space would give you about 48w/sqft. That will work perfect in your area and give you great penetration. :peace:

Thx for your Help! 2 -3 from these not enough
https://www.mars-hydro.com

Have the Mars 2 Bloom and Vege Switches? The Mars 2 700 Watt runs with 300 Watt litte bit to much for Vege Time ore not?

Thx for your Help! Two from these not enough? https://www.mars-hydro.com

Have the Mars 2 Bloom and Vege Switches?
They will work but the coverage area is to small. LEDs focus light. unlike hps and other options. So look for the suggests area. The reflectors your looking at are good for 2x2. So 2 of them is good for a 2x4 but not a 3x3.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

How I figured mine was I have 4 square feet. Divided by actual wattage for the mars 2 400 is about 190 watt. So 47.5 per square foot. Anything over 50 is basically waisted energy. But as flyboy mentioned. We should supplement on the red spectrum a bit. And the older 300 will definitely do that.

I am not sure that the energy is wasted. I know there is a point that you need to supplement CO2 if there is too much light, but I have not gotten to that point yet. Until yesterday, I was running 3 plants in a 2x2 tent under a Mars II 900. That was about 100w/sqft. The nodes on the plants are super tight. There is very little for me to LST they are so tight. I just got my 3x3 tent setup so I am using that for my flower tent now and 2 of the 3 will be flipped tonight. The other will be moved back to the smaller tent to veg longer under a Mar II 400. :peace:

Thx for your Help! 2 -3 from these not enough Mars Hydro

Have the Mars 2 Bloom and Vege Switches? The Mars 2 700 Watt runs with 300 Watt litte bit to much for Vege Time ore not?

I have 3 of the old style Mars II lights (full spectrum no switches either all on or off) and I was getting 3-4 oz per plant and harvesting every 2-4 weeks or so with a perpetual garden. If I had them with switches, I would be running both switches all the time.

The 2 reflector 48 will only give you a little over 200w vs 540 on the 700. Less then 1/2 the light. You would be about 20w/sqft with those. :peace:

The 3x3 tents are roughly 10 square feet. So take the total watts of you light (wall power of a 1200 is 540 watts. I believe the old 300 I believe is about 130w. So 540+130=670 total watts from the wall. Tat divided by 10sqft gives you about 67 w/sqft. Well above the 50. You are fine!!! :peace:

Thanks for doing the math. I should have no problem of hitting my goal of 500 Grams between 4 White Widow plants

another weekly update on the thunderhaze autos under my mars reflector 144x5 and mars2 700, love both lights and have to say mars 2 is better overall for flower but the reflector is great for a grow with and even canopy (SOG, SCROG, lollipopping, ect...) and amazing for veg. i would say the reflector 5 watt series does work best as it has great light spread and penetration. i would am testing the pro series now and i do like the light but wish they would spread the reflector cups more to give a bigger coverage area and not just have a hotspot in the middle.

IMG_183618.JPG
IMG_183714.JPG
IMG_183823.JPG
IMG_183918.JPG
IMG_184020.JPG
IMG_184223.JPG
IMG_184415.JPG
IMG_184616.JPG
IMG_184721.JPG
IMG_184822.JPG

I dont understaand!!! the 700 Mars 2 have 300 Watts Right? The Reflector in my Link have 100 Watts if i Order 3 i have the same Watt as the Mars 700 with 300 Watts :D i think i am more Flexible with 3 from this Reflectors.

I dont understaand!!! the 700 Mars 2 have 300 Watts Right? The Reflector in my Link have 100 Watts if i Order 3 i have the same Watt as the Mars 700 with 300 Watts :D i think i am more Flexible with 3 from this Reflectors.
You are more flexible but do coverage area the 700 will do better. For your size grow.

It has to do with the shape of the light and the shape of your grow area. 3 Reflectors will not work well in a square space. If you want to use the reflectors, 4 would cover a square space, with more power then a 700. 1 700 will cover a square your size. :peace:

So my Reflector 144 came in today! woohoo! :thumb:

1662933528495.png

This thing is pretty heavy. What clips or hooks would you guys recommend I use to hold this thing? And also, are the beams inside a grow tent safe enough to hang the light on, the little metal rods that come with the tent? Thanks in advance!

so, i got notification that my mars light shipped, and i should "check the light" before accepting the delivery... sorry, but ups doesn't stand by for a customer to check the contents of a package... if it's damaged externally, yes i can refuse delivery (if i sit and wait in my driveway, and i'm lucky enough to catch the delivery)... this notification gives me great concern... is this type of notification standard procedure for mars?

so, i got notification that my mars light shipped, and i should "check the light" before accepting the delivery... sorry, but ups doesn't stand by for a customer to check the contents of a package... if it's damaged externally, yes i can refuse delivery (if i sit and wait in my driveway, and i'm lucky enough to catch the delivery)... this notification gives me great concern... is this type of notification standard procedure for mars?

All of my Mars lights came extremely well packed. UPS will have to work hard to damage them if the come the way mine were packed. You should have no concerns. :peace:

All of my Mars lights came extremely well packed. UPS will have to work hard to damage them if the come the way mine were packed. You should have no concerns. .eace:
They come packaged well. Inspect the outside of the package for damage. If it looks good you should be fine.

My mars Led Is Killing It This Round. :) Would Love To Test Out The New epistars!!!
That looks great fro the older ones.I bought one for veg and a mars 2 for flower.

Back
Top Bottom