Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

bags I have been lucky...:wood: and I have been using my lights from M-H for a little over 2 years now and I have purchased over 20 lights from them and have never had the first problem... I realize there have been some issues with other customers and guess it's been kinda the luck of the draw... I have heard many more good stories than bad... that's for sure and I'm sorry you have had the issues that you have... with that being said... at least they did replace the parts needed and you are back up and running... yes..:confused:....:high-five:....:circle-of-love:

Thanks Dennise,
As you say, It seems I've been ( comparatively to you ) unlucky, and I must admit surprised, as I thoroughly researched these lights before buying and the positives far outweighed the negatives. So perhaps (hopefully) it was just a bad batch of power supplies & the replacements will last a bit longer. It just seems that this issue spoils an otherwise excellent product.
One plus is that there are 4 separate power supplies per light, so if one fails, the light is still usable ...albeit at a reduced output. So, yes I'm still able to continue, & (for a newb) have been well happy with the results to date, averaging 4.3 oz (dry) per plant.

Hi Bagsyb,

When I ordered mine, they kept them for about 2 weeks testing them 24 hours a day. Out of the 3 Mars Pro Cree128 they replaced the drivers and some Leds in 2 of them. So I was glad they tested them before mailing them to me.

Thanks Dennise,
As you say, It seems I've been ( comparatively to you ) unlucky, and I must admit surprised, as I thoroughly researched these lights before buying and the positives far outweighed the negatives. So perhaps (hopefully) it was just a bad batch of power supplies & the replacements will last a bit longer. It just seems that this issue spoils an otherwise excellent product.
One plus is that there are 4 separate power supplies per light, so if one fails, the light is still usable ...albeit at a reduced output. So, yes I'm still able to continue, & (for a newb) have been well happy with the results to date, averaging 4.3 oz (dry) per plant.

Hmmm, interesting, Thank you CatfishKnight, perhaps the problem lies in cheap components. Although I use Cree LEDs for my marine tanks, & they are top IMO.

As mentiioned above... the whole light did not go out therefore he was able to continue with his grow... and from what I have seen on here... that is the norm... Don't get me wrong... I would most likely freak but I've been hanging around here a couple of years now and I have yet to see a situation that M-H did make right... It was an inconvience for the growers for sure and as a newbie... that really sucks... as you are growing for a while you don't seem to freak as quickly but it is an investment and you need to make sure your bases are covered for sure.....:circle-of-love:

Well I hope goof1987 it goes well then. :)
I thought at first it was inconvenient for them to test them that long, because I wanted them right a way. Lol.
But it would have been more of a hassle to swap them out later.
So I am now glad that I waited.

Also I just run mine up to 90% Brightness.
I guess subconsciously I think that will keep the Leds from burning out sooner if running them at 100%.
My logic might be flawed but it is comforting. :)

I really really hope I don't have these issues. I only have 1 light coming. If something like this happens I could lose a whole grow

Hi Goof1987, Sorry if iv'e got you worried, not my intention for sure & hopefully you won't have any problems, but IF you should, then as mentioned above, the light will still work at reduced output, & Mars Hydro are very quick to respond.
Good luck.

Hey Sara it's hillbilly, I'm looking at the mars 300 but looking for a good deal thanks hun

Go to ebay and look for marshydro seller, better yet heres the link to them there

marshydro on eBay

but get them quick since it seems mars keeps raising their prices now,

mars hydro 300

Mars Hydro 3 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light 14W True Watt for Indoor VEG Flower | eBay

they already jumped $10 since I bought them a few months ago, same with the site all prices are going up, so buy it quick

:ganjamon:Congrats, goof! Don't forget to show us when you get them!:cheer:
Wooohooooo just got the email that my light and tent shipped!!!!!!!! I should be up and running by next weekend!!!!!!

:)Haha, our Reflector144 in Canada is on sale, 10% discount off.
Woohoo!! Time for a spring sale! I need a 900 watt Mars II....

:yahoo:I wish to see the flowers soon.
After 8 days of 12/12 the Hairs are about 3/4 inch or more long.
20160308_185645.jpg

A little blurry... Fans moving the plants... Taken this morning under the Green Light...
20160309_041629.jpg

:)haha, thank you, Dennise, I would love to if you take it.:hug: Every day is beautiful~~:green_heart:
You can send just one of those pallets to my house Sara...:yahoo: I hope everyone is having a blessed and green day... I love my Mars Hydros and I'm a real person...:goof:....:circle-of-love:

:thanks:Mars-Hydro love you, too! You are our Knight!:cheer:
What? YOUR A REAL PERSON???
I thought forums were a way to pretend we are something else!!! Lol... :)
Well Then...
I am a real person and "I love my Mars Pro Cree128s." :high-five:
I love the Sunrise and Sunset I have set up for them..

:hug:Stoney, Mars ProII is the sale version for Mars Pro series.

I wish I could get your assistant "lucy" to email me back about my broken light status.
It was signed for by your repair guy weeks ago, and she hasnt returned my emails for a week.
This is the second light I have had to send back.(the first one wasnt even a year old) I bought seven lights fron you and every one has something wrong with it. And I dread having to contact your customer support because they are "easily confused" or suddenly dont speak english so well. I am very disappointed in your lights and your service.

Lori

:welcome:Hi bagsyb, welcome to the thread. This is the right place you can publish any view. :cheesygrinsmiley: First of all, I am sorry about this problem you have. There are same issues for other customers, for sure. The most repair cases are drivers or led diodes. :geek: Every several months, we will analyze the component failure rate and our standard is 3/1000. As it is counted, the failure rate is within 3/1000 every year. In that case, we will not complain of quality problem to our suppliers.:dreamy: Nevertheless, we have ever tried to find out the possible causes for the malfunction. Some inner wirings are damaged during the delivery. Some have water inside. And of course, there is still room for improvements.:blushsmile: We have kept pushing our suppliers and together come up with better product.:Namaste:
Hello all,
I'm not sure if i'm in the right place or not, but i'll go for it anyway.
I purchased 4 of the 3 watt reflector series lights & 4 Mars II 1200 watt lights in June 2015, & have had some excellent results with them.
BUT !! 3 of the 1200's & 1 of the reflector lights, have needed new power supply units within 9 months of admittedly almost continuous use, & I am curious as to whether any other users of these lights have had similar issues.
I hasten to add that apart from this annoying problem, the lights are A1, & Mars have been very helpful in sending replacement power supply units, which incidentally, are a doddle to fit.
Any feedback appreciated.

:hug:You have always been taken good care of the lights. :Namaste:
bags I have been lucky...:wood: and I have been using my lights from M-H for a little over 2 years now and I have purchased over 20 lights from them and have never had the first problem... I realize there have been some issues with other customers and guess it's been kinda the luck of the draw... I have heard many more good stories than bad... that's for sure and I'm sorry you have had the issues that you have... with that being said... at least they did replace the parts needed and you are back up and running... yes..:confused:....:high-five:....:circle-of-love:

:circle-of-love:it's our responsibility to test the light before the shipment.:Namaste:
Hi Bagsyb,

When I ordered mine, they kept them for about 2 weeks testing them 24 hours a day. Out of the 3 Mars Pro Cree128 they replaced the drivers and some Leds in 2 of them. So I was glad they tested them before mailing them to me.

Back
Top Bottom