Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

you could always have a fan blowing the cool air up towards where the fans are blowing on the heat sinks. That way it's blowing the now cooler air onto the heat sink or from the side top vent normally used for a cool tube in the tent have a small 100mm intake fan blowing cooler air directly from outside the tent with the use of silver extraction tubing.

:circle-of-love:Hi Kriaze, the parts have shipped out already. I have received your address. :Namaste: I have consulted the engineers about the fans. You opinion that the hot air will rise and our fan will suck from the top and blow it out of the sides is correct in theory. However, in small and closed space, the environment temp can be regarded as balanced. The difference between the top tem and the lower temp can be ignored. They don't recommend to switch the flow of the fans.In that case, the noise will increase and the internal airflow will reduce which in the end will affect the performance for heat dissipation. :straightface:
Hello Sara, could you let me know whether my parts have been despatched please? Only you didn't ask for my address so I sent you another email but no response, thanks in advance.

The main problem I have found with the Mars II is that it sucks 'cool' air in from the top and blows it out of the sides. First and foremost this is counterproductive as hot air rises, this means that all the fans are doing is recycling hot air into the unit as it draws the now hot air back in through the top of the unit as the expelled air rises.
Secondly, most people will (or should usually be) exhausting their air through the top part of their tent, which means that the exhaust fan will be in competition trying to draw the rising hot air out of the tent whilst the Mars unit is trying to pull that same air back down, causing both units to work harder than need be meaning less efficiency all round.

I would like to have a look inside my Mars II and see if this is rectifiable by simply switching the flow of the fans but I still have 2 years warranty left on my light and do not want to invalidate it. Does someone else have an old Mars that they can do this with? I'm not sure if it's actually been done previously as although I have read through the full thread it was some time ago when I read the earlier parts and my memory is foggy. Maybe Sara could give me some input on this?

All the best everyone and may your buds be bountiful

:circle-of-love:yes, this is also one of the reason.
I have read in some DIY threads that it is more effective for heat transfer to do it this way. For my DIY COB lights I have 3 COBs mounted on a heatsink and the fan is situated so that it blows the air down onto the heatsink.

I remember someone here has ever flipped the fans before and I couldn't remember how it turns out. Our engineers don't recommen to do like that...I will keep the secret.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Now that I introduced my plants with full growth/bloom buttons on, I get really bad heat issue in my grow room, and I also noticed that fans are working in strange order. Going to flip fans tomorrow and post results here.
and a little secret, you can unscrew and replace drivers without them noticing it, just use white zip ties when reconnecting wires, and vualia. There are no stickers which would indicate disassembly of the unit.

:hug:I will give you all my best wishes. :goodluck:
Well i got my mars II 700 today to put over my w.w. wish me luck. I already have a 96x3w reflector but im hoping it will give me a great yeild

:thanks:thanks for shairng the info, Spart.
you could always have a fan blowing the cool air up towards where the fans are blowing on the heat sinks. That way it's blowing the now cooler air onto the heat sink or from the side top vent normally used for a cool tube in the tent have a small 100mm intake fan blowing cooler air directly from outside the tent with the use of silver extraction tubing.

:cheesygrinsmiley:db, you are the top so far, haha, I am so happy for you. :thumb:
only a few more weeks to go in the mars hydro cup!

:420::thanks::green_heart::party: [video=youtube;P4_4q8zpKUk]
[/video]

:circle-of-love:Hi resinous, I have left the message to the staff at our repair service center. The shipment was supposed to arrange yesterday. Tracking number will probably be available today or tomorrow. I will pm you when it's available.:Namaste:
Hey Sara .. just wondering if you had any idea on when my driver was going to ship for my pro epi 160??

Sent from my SM-P600 using 420

:circle-of-love:Hi resinous, I have left the message to the staff at our repair service center. The shipment was supposed to arrange yesterday. Tracking number will probably be available today or tomorrow. I will pm you when it's available.:Namaste:
Awsome thank you very much sara !!

Sent from my SM-P600 using 420

How close do u keep your light to your plants during flowering. Mars II700

I go about 12'' - 18'' you can always just back them up if you feel its to close I have had that problem starting to get the hang of it lol

here is a pic of one of my tents with a mars II 700 and a mars II 400
0081735.JPG

my other tent with a mars II 700 only

0121127.JPG

Back
Top Bottom