Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

wow,you really gave them enough time to stretch out,:cheer:i think they were enjoying the time you gave them,so that you grow heavy.:bravo:
I heared many growers used about 3 month from seedling to harvest.:high-five:
So you may harvest these 5 new seeds around Christmas,it will be great gift for your Christmas,right? I'd like this kind of gift,haha:volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley:smoke my own cannabis at Christmas EVE:volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley:
Please do not forget to share pics with us here.:cheer::cheer::cheer:
Thanks Sara :) The Kosher Tangie flowered for 67 days, and the Tangilope for 68 days. So about 5 months from seed to harvest.

I just started 5 more seeds, I'll be going with more plants and a shorter veg time this round. I am starting a perpetual grow now that I have my new Mars Hydro tent....now I can have plants in veg and flower at the same time, and will have smaller but much more frequent harvests. That also mean I'll likely need a new Mars light or two in the coming months.....probably 2 more Reflector 48's, I'll let you know :)

the problem as I see it is this.

it is a small tent. not the size of tent that would be well suited to a double box.

I can see where adding a "wide" version of the 3'3"x3'3" (or thereabouts) sized tent might sell, even though that size tent isn't considered all that large. It's about 10.56 ft.² - actually, I wish the thing was an even 3'x3' for an area of 9 ft.²; it is a bit of an odd-sized area to work with currently. Adding a 2' "room" to it would make that space just over 6 ft.². A person could use that small added space - IF it is segregated and light-tight - as a vegetative space and it would (in most cases) be sufficient to keep the main space "stocked" when that main space is used as a flowering area.

Hi unforgiven,sorry for my poor English

I would be willing to bet that your English is better than 99% of the members' Mandarin(?) ;) .

So do you think we also need to change the height?:high-five:

I used to run air-cooled HPS lights, and was able to keep them pretty close to the top of the canopy (the 600-watt and below sized ones, I mean). People have been known to fail to pay attention to their garden for a few days and return to find the plants actually touching the glass of such fixtures. I can already tell that allowing a plant to get anywhere near that close to this LED would be BAD, lol (and it is only ~ 350 watts). Methinks that would be too close to allow the spectra of the individual mono-color LEDs to "mix" properly - and it would be too close for the COBs in general (as they are substantially more powerful than the individual LEDs). <SHRUGS> It seems that, for best results with higher-powered LED panels, more height is better. One can always lower the light, lol - but it would be quite a challenge for a grower to "raise his/her grow tent's roof." Most residences that I have been in have had ceiling heights of at least seven feet. Not all, but most. I'd suggest to your engineer that he/she set up a room with a seven-foot ceiling height and design the tallest tent that can be assembled in that room. One cannot place their LED panel directly against the ceiling of the tent, because there are (generally) fans at the top of the panels. So a reasonable air space must be kept. Then there is the thickness of the panel. Below that, one needs a sufficient space between the bottom of the panel and the top of the canopy. That'd be... IDK, 12" to 18" for some panels? Less for some, maybe a little more for others. So you're up to... two to three feet already? Add in the height of the containers that the plants are growing in and, realistically, you aren't left with much vertical space for the plants even with a seven foot tall tent <SIGH>. And cannabis tends to double, triple, or in some cases increase its height by an even greater amount during the first 40% of the flowering period. So... Yes, the taller, the better (within limits). I believe that is one reason that Gorilla brand grow tents sell as well as they do, even though they are frightfully expensive - those tents come with a one-foot "extension" (IIRC), and the grower can add another one. That means that one tent basically fits several different ceiling heights, growing styles, and... "intensities of illumination." Actually... <SCRATCHES HEAD> IF Gorilla Tents do not have a patent on that height extension idea, and IF you can make such a thing and still keep the tent light-proof, that might be the way to go. I don't know, really, what would be best and easiest, while still being usable to the greatest number of people.

I DO know that I'd be happy to test one for you, lol ;) .

:circle-of-love:HiTorturedSoul,haha,my English is much more worse than my Mandarin.:volcano-smiley:I'm trying to improve both of them now.:high-five:I bought two books recently,one is Pride and Prejudice,my favorite,another is a Chinese book.:hippy:
You guys can be my teacher,sometimes i can not totally understand or explain something clearly,then you guys can tell me about it:welcome:,i will be very appreciate.:high-five:
:Namaste:In our draft design,the height is about 5.3',you think 7' will be better? ok,i will ask our engineer about this.:high-five:
You mean you want a one-foot "extension",i don't know how it works,i will consult our engineer.Thanks for your precious ideas.If you got more ideas,please let me know.:welcome:
TT7.jpg

TT51.png

I can see where adding a "wide" version of the 3'3"x3'3" (or thereabouts) sized tent might sell, even though that size tent isn't considered all that large. It's about 10.56 ft.² - actually, I wish the thing was an even 3'x3' for an area of 9 ft.²; it is a bit of an odd-sized area to work with currently. Adding a 2' "room" to it would make that space just over 6 ft.². A person could use that small added space - IF it is segregated and light-tight - as a vegetative space and it would (in most cases) be sufficient to keep the main space "stocked" when that main space is used as a flowering area.

I would be willing to bet that your English is better than 99% of the members' Mandarin(?) ;) .

I used to run air-cooled HPS lights, and was able to keep them pretty close to the top of the canopy (the 600-watt and below sized ones, I mean). People have been known to fail to pay attention to their garden for a few days and return to find the plants actually touching the glass of such fixtures. I can already tell that allowing a plant to get anywhere near that close to this LED would be BAD, lol (and it is only ~ 350 watts). Methinks that would be too close to allow the spectra of the individual mono-color LEDs to "mix" properly - and it would be too close for the COBs in general (as they are substantially more powerful than the individual LEDs). <SHRUGS> It seems that, for best results with higher-powered LED panels, more height is better. One can always lower the light, lol - but it would be quite a challenge for a grower to "raise his/her grow tent's roof." Most residences that I have been in have had ceiling heights of at least seven feet. Not all, but most. I'd suggest to your engineer that he/she set up a room with a seven-foot ceiling height and design the tallest tent that can be assembled in that room. One cannot place their LED panel directly against the ceiling of the tent, because there are (generally) fans at the top of the panels. So a reasonable air space must be kept. Then there is the thickness of the panel. Below that, one needs a sufficient space between the bottom of the panel and the top of the canopy. That'd be... IDK, 12" to 18" for some panels? Less for some, maybe a little more for others. So you're up to... two to three feet already? Add in the height of the containers that the plants are growing in and, realistically, you aren't left with much vertical space for the plants even with a seven foot tall tent <SIGH>. And cannabis tends to double, triple, or in some cases increase its height by an even greater amount during the first 40% of the flowering period. So... Yes, the taller, the better (within limits). I believe that is one reason that Gorilla brand grow tents sell as well as they do, even though they are frightfully expensive - those tents come with a one-foot "extension" (IIRC), and the grower can add another one. That means that one tent basically fits several different ceiling heights, growing styles, and... "intensities of illumination." Actually... <SCRATCHES HEAD> IF Gorilla Tents do not have a patent on that height extension idea, and IF you can make such a thing and still keep the tent light-proof, that might be the way to go. I don't know, really, what would be best and easiest, while still being usable to the greatest number of people.

I DO know that I'd be happy to test one for you, lol ;) .

For height if you make one with a divider I think 160cm would be a pretty good size some of the ones I seen were a bit smaller but even at 140. Mine is 140 and I'm running out of height really quickly flower is gonna be real tight at 160cm it would be perfect.

:circle-of-love:yeah,taller is better.:high-five:Do you mean you want a divider for the height?:Namaste:
For height if you make one with a divider I think 160cm would be a pretty good size some of the ones I seen were a bit smaller but even at 140. Mine is 140 and I'm running out of height really quickly flower is gonna be real tight at 160cm it would be perfect.

:cheer::welcome:Is there are anyting you need to know,please feel free to ask:welcome:
:circle-of-love:Growers,Trade-in your used Reflector series & Mar2 series (items bought no more than 2 years) for the more advanced Mars Pro II.
You only need to cover the shipping costs, and then can get a new Mars Pro II series to increase the yields with a very low price. :cheer:
If you need to know more information,please feel free to ask me here.:welcome:
More details can link : Mars Hydro Trade-in Program
Mars_Pro_II.jpg

procedure.png

:party:we will have stock for Mars Pro II series at our international warehouse every soon,please check out:
07_06_Mars_Pro_II.png

Sara or anyone familiar with the Mars Pro, does fan only work in the bloom mode. I own a reflector 144 and fan only works when in bloom mode not growth. Wondering if it is the Same for the Mars Pro series too.

Thank you kindly.

It's my pleasure.You already recieved the tent? It's good to hear that.
May i know how many plants you have their in total?

Hi Sara,

Only one plant at the moment. Unfortunately its hot and no central air. I jerry rigged a window unit air conditioner and have to run the lights at daytime anyway to combat ambient temps. So with air I am running at about 75 degrees daytime, at night when lights off it might spike to 82 and settle in at 77-79 so one 300w Mars light and a lot of fingers crossed... Its a seedling popped on 30th of June but stunted due to heat/environment issues so it still looks only like a 7 or 8 day seedling.

my mars hydro lights are putting in work in this summer heat I got my mars pro II 320 that I won tin the mars hydro cup in the closet with 4 autoflowers in tomato cages growing as tall as they want just had to do a little super cropping and a few of them a while back and I got my mars II 700 in the grow tent with 2 autoflowers in a scrog

the autos in the tomato cages in the closet grow are in day #59 from sprout and the autos in the scrog in the grow tent are in day #47 from sprout

I have had issues with over feeding them and nutes burn but that's because of me still getting used to my new nutes and coco but other then that its awesome

0012971.JPG
0022873.JPG
0032757.JPG
0042575.JPG
0052433.JPG
0062154.JPG
0072012.JPG
0081823.JPG
0091626.JPG

Hello Sara i am new to this forum but someone has suggested i ask my questions about mars hydro reflectors to you..... so i am planning on buying the 4x4x7 Mars Hydro grow tent and will have a passive intake with an active out take vent system running 4 plants witha passive DWC bubble system sooo...

my main question is in that tent will i be better off with 2 Mars reflectors 144x5 or a single 192x5 reflector light in the 4x4x7 tent. i want the most light possible with out having heating issues. please give me your input :)

:cheer::welcome:Is there are anyting you need to know,please feel free to ask:welcome:

Hey Sara

Just ordered 4x MarsII 400 from your website.

In a bit of a dilemma at the moment. Due to unforeseen circumstances, having to rip out my current 2x 400W MH this weekend at the very latest. Been reading this forum and given your excellent customer service, thought it might be possible for you to speak with the warehouse dispatching our order and rush it a little for us? I'd be eternally grateful, or my babies will be in the dark :O

Also got a few questions for you relating to grow space size. Can PM you these along with my order number if you like.

Thanks

Hello! Please sponsor my grow!!! I have 2 pcs 300 watt led MarsHydro, I will be needing another 2, I would consider buying this tent as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

:Namaste:Morning The Weed,our Mars Pro II and Mars II series,each switch control the fan,but Reflector series,only the growth switch control the fan.During seedling and veg,you may only need blue spectrum.When you are flowering ,you need red spectrum the most,and you will switch on both of the switches.:high-five:It will save energy.:Namaste:
Sara or anyone familiar with the Mars Pro, does fan only work in the bloom mode. I own a reflector 144 and fan only works when in bloom mode not growth. Wondering if it is the Same for the Mars Pro series too.

Thank you kindly.

:circle-of-love:I also do not like summer too much,just like someone lock me into a sealed box......:high-five:
I'm sure she will be fine and will catch up soon:Namaste:,just give her a little more time.:high-five:
It's my pleasure.You already recieved the tent? It's good to hear that.
May i know how many plants you have their in total?

Hi Sara,

Only one plant at the moment. Unfortunately its hot and no central air. I jerry rigged a window unit air conditioner and have to run the lights at daytime anyway to combat ambient temps. So with air I am running at about 75 degrees daytime, at night when lights off it might spike to 82 and settle in at 77-79 so one 300w Mars light and a lot of fingers crossed... Its a seedling popped on 30th of June but stunted due to heat/environment issues so it still looks only like a 7 or 8 day seedling.

I see,i will tell our engineer about the completely light proof divider.You may PM me the link.:Namaste:
Our new tent we will double the covers above the zipper from inside to ensure no light leak.:high-five:
it needs to be a completely light proof divider to be effective some are Velcro others are heavy duty zippers with double covers to ensure no light leaks. Here I'll link ya to the one I was looking at.

:welcome:Thanks for stopping by and sharing pics with us here.:thanks:
They are big girl now,:goodjob:Hope they will get better soon.:Namaste:
The autos in the scrog look awesome,they are bushy:thumb:
my mars hydro lights are putting in work in this summer heat I got my mars pro II 320 that I won tin the mars hydro cup in the closet with 4 autoflowers in tomato cages growing as tall as they want just had to do a little super cropping and a few of them a while back and I got my mars II 700 in the grow tent with 2 autoflowers in a scrog

the autos in the tomato cages in the closet grow are in day #59 from sprout and the autos in the scrog in the grow tent are in day #47 from sprout

I have had issues with over feeding them and nutes burn but that's because of me still getting used to my new nutes and coco but other then that its awesome

0012971.JPG
0022873.JPG
0032757.JPG
0042575.JPG
0052433.JPG
0062154.JPG
0072012.JPG
0081823.JPG
0091626.JPG

:circle-of-love:HiTorturedSoul,haha,my English is much more worse than my Mandarin.

Oh. Please forgive my mistake. I (somehow... I am blaming exhaustion ;) ) managed to forget that, although Mandarin is (as far as I know) the language that is used by the most people in China, there are several (many?) others including Wu, Yue, Min, Xiang, Cantonese, et cetera - and that there is enough differences between some of the languages/dialects to make the speakers of them mutually unintelligible. You are to be commended for having fluency in multiple languages. I am only proficient in English. I think you might already be more fluent in it than some of my neighbors who only use the one language, lol (this is a somewhat rural area).

I bought two books recently,one is Pride and Prejudice,my favorite,another is a Chinese book.

I have not read Pride and Prejudice since I had to do so for a school assignment (a few decades ago), but it is an acclaimed novel. I confess that the only Chinese books that I have read are the ~2,600-year old The Art of War ("Master Sun's Rules of Warfare"), attributed to Sun Tzu - which I found to be both interesting and useful (even though I have no plans to fight a war, lol) - and a science fiction novel, whose name and author escape me. Both were English translations.

In our draft design,the height is about 5.3',you think 7' will be better?

I think it would be far better than 5.3', yes. I would consider any height under 6' to be very poor. I realize that people can - in theory - train their plants so that they occupy less height. The problem with putting that theory into practice, especially within a grow tent, is that the area (square feet/meters) is finite/limited. With a tent, expanding the square footage literally means destroying the tent, lol - so there is much less of an opportunity to train plants to grow in a more horizontal fashion.

However... While a grow tent that is seven feet tall would probably fit in most people's homes, it might be difficult or impossible to actually assemble one in some of them. Having just gone back and remeasured some of my rooms, I found that some of them are only a fraction of an inch over seven feet in height. There would obviously need to be some extra space required in order to assemble the tent, so I would be unable to set up a seven foot tall tent in those rooms. I assume that I could in the rooms which have eight feet of vertical space in them, but am not absolutely certain of that. Would you mind asking your engineer how much additional vertical space is required over and above the height of one of your grow tents (for example, the one closest to 3'x3' in area) in order to set it up?

There really does not seem to be a "standard" ceiling height in the United States. I have seen 7', 7'6", 8', 8'6", and higher than that in some older houses and, of course (because they can afford to heat them ;) ) homes for the wealthy seem to often have higher ceilings, 10', 12', or even higher. Actually, for the communities that follow the IRC (International Residential Code), there is a minimum ceiling height of seven feet for living spaces. Many homes have eight foot ceiling height on the first floor (I believe that is called the ground floor in Europe, not sure about China) and seven foot ceiling height on the second story. But, again, it varies. A ceiling height of less than seven feet would leave very little room for trimming out standard-sized door openings.

You mean you want a one-foot "extension",i don't know how it works,i will consult our engineer.

I am not certain, but my guess is that there is a 1' tall piece with "half of a zipper" on both the top and the bottom, which is lengthy enough to wrap around the tent. There would be a corresponding zipper at some height on the tent. One would unzip that zipper and then "zip in" the extension piece. For the vertical structural frame pieces... I don't know, lol. It would have to be done in such a way that does not compromise either the tent or the load capacity of the ceiling. Hmm...

Perhaps it would be better/cheaper/easier to just ask the engineer to figure out how tall of a tent can be easily(?) set up in a room that has a seven foot ceiling height, lol? I suspect that would end up being a tent which is 6'8" tall, or thereabouts (but that is just a guess).
:circle-of-love:yeah,taller is better.:high-five:Do you mean you want a divider for the height?:Namaste:

it needs to be a completely light proof divider to be effective some are Velcro others are heavy duty zippers with double covers to ensure no light leaks. Here I'll link ya to the one I was looking at.

???

You want a horizontal light-proof divider for height? Do you mean in the proposed separate smaller section on the left side? I had assumed that most everyone would use that side as a vegetative and/or cloning area (as folks do with the Secret Jardin and other "multi-chambered" grow tent models) and, therefore, that it could be one open area in terms of light (as those are). While it is true that some people like to give their cuttings more light hours than the rest of the plants that they have in vegetative growth, I have never found that to be necessary (and some research seems to state that a decent amount of dark hours aids in root growth, so the opposite could actually be true).

:welcome:Hi LDGrown,one single Reflector 192 is ok,but 2 pcs Reflector 144 would be better for your plants.:high-five:With 2 lights,it will be easier to install,it will ensure the lights cover your plants fully.:high-five:
And you need to make your exhaust system works well,it will be good for your plants and control the temperature inside of your tent.:Namaste:
We have coupon for our 420 members,I noticed that you can not send PM here,you can send email to sales18@lgledsolutions.com ,my colleague will send you the code.You can buy with the code directly from our offical website: mars hydro led grow light -reflector 144 ,we have price for 2pcs.:high-five:
If you need to know anything more,please feel free to ask me here.:high-five:
Hello Sara i am new to this forum but someone has suggested i ask my questions about mars hydro reflectors to you..... so i am planning on buying the 4x4x7 Mars Hydro grow tent and will have a passive intake with an active out take vent system running 4 plants witha passive DWC bubble system sooo...

my main question is in that tent will i be better off with 2 Mars reflectors 144x5 or a single 192x5 reflector light in the 4x4x7 tent. i want the most light possible with out having heating issues. please give me your input :)

:welcome:Hi krazykiddo,you can give me your order NO or PM me your information i will check for you.:high-five:
Hey Sara

Just ordered 4x MarsII 400 from your website.

In a bit of a dilemma at the moment. Due to unforeseen circumstances, having to rip out my current 2x 400W MH this weekend at the very latest. Been reading this forum and given your excellent customer service, thought it might be possible for you to speak with the warehouse dispatching our order and rush it a little for us? I'd be eternally grateful, or my babies will be in the dark :O

Also got a few questions for you relating to grow space size. Can PM you these along with my order number if you like.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom