MattyTrips's Poorman Soil Mystery Grow 2011

:helpsmilie: Well I found more mites today on all three pots. Nothing on the plants, just crawling around the rim of the pots. I'm pretty sure that they came from the FFOF I got at my local shop. my grow area is really clean and I've never had a problem with insects before my grow. I've used 2 12qt bags of FFOF for this grow. Since I sprayed the first batch of mites on the 27th I hadnt seen anymore until last night. I transplanted them into the 2nd bag of dirt in the new pots yesterday morning, so I'm assuming that this is when I "let" more into my garden. I sprayed them again as lights were shutting off. hopefully this takes care of these unwanted intruders!!!!!!

well this morning I was able to spot some left on the plants. not as many as last night but they were still here. I was pleasantly suprised when my samples from SNS arrived today. applied some of the sns217 as soon as it arrived. im confident that this will finally take care of my issue. Huge thanks to Sierra Natural Sciences for hooking me up with some of their awesome product line!! :adore:

It sucks that you have a bug issue, and this will be a problem the whole way through like i said. Bugs are the bane of our existence as indoor growers. be very attentive when going into flower. Once mites get a hold of your plant you will have a hard time saving your buds.

Once your grow is done, I would say replace everything and give your grow space a good washing. Never overlook the importance of a clean grow space. The space itself enjoys a bit of TLC too. Can't wait to see how your plants are doing.

Hi guys, :welcome: as always!! So far so good with the SNS-217. :yahoo: haven't seen anymore mites yet. Keeping my fingers crossed and eyes peeled. I'm gonna apply some more in a few days to make sure i get any new hatchlings. Here are some new pics. hope you like!

Here is a top shot of #3 looking nice and healthy.
IMG126.jpg

And after a little stretching..Loving the new growth..
IMG124.jpg

This is the #4 no more burnt leaves on the new growth. nice and green.
IMG1271.jpg

IMG1281.jpg

And last but not least..the little youngster of the group..
All the new growth is looking great...still laugh at the boomerang leaf..
IMG129.jpg

IMG130.jpg

sorry about the quality on the pics..my phone camera sucks ass.
hope you guys enjoyed the update. :thanks:

:tokin:
MattyTrips's Poorman Soil Mystery Grow 2011

Expect to see a lot of new growth now. They are working on leaf production now. You will completely different plants in 2weeks time. Glad the mite problem is under control. I'm glad I haven't had them thus far.

keep up the good work!:goodjob:

Some people say garlic works against mites, seems to work here.

Be sure not to over water the taproot a lot now, the plants need to take up all nutrients well, they'll burn less, seems soil is specially over watered a bit strong for them. :)
Going nicely.

thanks a lot phdtje. I haven't seen any more mites since I applied the SNS 217 and added some Diatomaceous earth to my soil. I went on a little shopping trip for some stuff that I needed badly.
IMG131.jpg

now my ladies are getting the ph adjusted water and nutes that they need. I'll get some more pics of the plants up either tonight or tomorrow.

I built a couple cheap homeade reflectors using power strips. I was able to increase my watts to 312 from 156. The temp went up a bit to 82. I'm still trying to come up with a way to get it down a little without having to spend too much $$. Ill take some pics of these when I shoot the new plant photos.

Thanks!! I'm really excited to see the difference in the plants now that they are getting the right ph and some nutes...I'll keep ya posted.

Ok, I'm starting to wonder what the hell kind of bug this actually is. I thought it was a spider mite issue. these bugs are pretty much all white, maybe a little off white. I have not had any webs of any kind on my plants. I also dont have tons of them everywhere. when i do spot them(it was only 1) last night, its only maybe a dozen spread between the 3 plants. I'm just really curious as to what they could be. they arent eating my plants, just seem to roam around my soil...gonna grab some no-pest strips to throw in there today...

Hi guys, :tokin: here are some new pics of the plants and lights. I couldnt find any more "mites" when I inspected them this morning. I'm gonna keep an eye out for any new visitors.
IMG133.jpg

IMG134.jpg

IMG135.jpg

IMG136.jpg

IMG137.jpg

IMG138.jpg

I noticed that they are standing much straighter and look much more lively after being fed nutes.

Hope you guys are having fun :rocker:

Be careful not to use too much nutrients so early on. I usually start my nutrients about 5 nodes up. New plants are very sensitive to nutrient burn and If you are not careful you can kiss your plants goodbye. They seem well for the most part. The leaves seems kinda dirty, why is that?

got a little diatomaceous earth on them when i was sprinkling on the soil. I washed it off with some water. I figured at 2 weeks old 1/4 strength nutes would be ok. is it too soon?:thanks:

Thanks a lot. So far so good with the nutes. I'm gonna keep a close eye on them. was gonna wait until sunday to feed them again. as always I appreciate all the input! :thanks:

Howdy :420: Alrighty guys..heres an update for the last few days or so. I'm very pleased with the growth I've seen since I fed the nutes. fed them again last night and stilll no sign of burn. Im going to go to fulll strength nutes on wednesday when I feed again. decided to top the 3 of them today, also threw 2 more bc seeds in some water to germinate last night. Here are some new pics of the little ladies. hope you're all enjoying this as much as I am.
:thumb:
IMG139-1.jpg
IMG140-1.jpg

IMG141.jpg

IMG142.jpg

IMG143-1.jpg
IMG144-1.jpg

IMG1451.jpg

well thats all for now..happy growing guys!
:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom