Dwalkama's 230 Watt CFL, Soil, Bag Seed, Grow

I'm seeing more problems on more plants, burnt tips and curling leaves

420-magazine-mobile1523920092.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1074260582.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have 4 plants I started from seed, I suggest letting them grow till ur ready for flower then watch carefully for makes, going veg to flower to veg again slows ur plants growth I find. An eventually ur Gona flower anyways, that or once they r big enough to clone take s clipping an turn that instead of ur whole plant. Another idea I was told though yet to try(be trying in a week or so) is to wrap one branch with tinfoil an supposedly that branch will turn with out turning whole plant. Again was told to me by a fellow grower but I have yet to try it

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm not worried about flowering yet, I just want to know what this is because I don't think it's nute burn

420-magazine-mobile63121611.jpg

They look over watered, looks like some nute burn and they look like a little cal,mag,phos could help.
Before I did anything I would let the soil dry out, not completely, but at least the top few inches of soil and watch how the new growth looks as it drys if they improve problem solved if not ad some cal mag phos at the next watering.

They look over watered, looks like some nute burn and they look like a little cal,mag,phos could help.
Before I did anything I would let the soil dry out, not completely, but at least the top few inches of soil and watch how the new growth looks as it drys if they improve problem solved if not ad some cal mag phos at the next watering.

Thanks for the input man! My problem is that when I originally potted them(1L pots), I didn't use any perlite. But now they're in a 40 percent perlite/FFOF mix. The new mix drains really well! Only problem is that the original soil that I transplanted is staying moist. Do you think that the plants will get better once the roots venture into the better soil?

Yeah they definately will start looking better once that happens you just gotta figure out how to get those roots to leave there nice moist home. Check out my thread called redmuds upstairs back deck grow I used sip trays to water, the roots filled the trays up, and the top soil never really gets moist. It might be the answer. If you try it still let the soil dry out a bit first still.

I'm not worried about flowering yet, I just want to know what this is because I don't think it's nute burn

420-magazine-mobile63121611.jpg

Have you tested the pH of the soil? How often and how much do you water them? It is possible you transplanted them a little early before the root system was well established and gave em a little shock. I'd suggest letting the soil dry out and stay dry for about a day, Maybe day in a half but no longer. Then gradually add some water, you don't want the water to flow out the bottom of the pot, just enough to give the roots a little drink. Hope this helps. |17\∆>

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm planning on repotting this weekend, will that help with the drainage?

Before repot. Allow to dry out. Then break away gently. Any clumps that form. Cause roots can be bound in groups; or even get root rot. Know what I mean? Definately need good drainage. Kind of soil do you use? I didn't see you say. I'm buying Nectar for the God's soil. 100% organic. Amazing product. For my first potting up. I'm in small ceramics for now. I have 2nd set of true leaves growing in nicely. This plant LOVES consistency between its wet and dry cycles.

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I really didn't suspect ph at all but no one is perfect if you want to know if your soil ph is good, a slurry test is about the easiest, cheapest, pretty accurate way to check it. Mix a tablespoon of soil into a cup of ph'd to 6.8 water let it sit overnight and check the ph of the slurry if it reads 6.8 your good to go if it comes back at say 7.2 that means your soil is a ph of 7 or there about just right in the middle of the two numbers is where your soil ph will be.

I really didn't suspect ph at all but no one is perfect if you want to know if your soil ph is good, a slurry test is about the easiest, cheapest, pretty accurate way to check it. Mix a tablespoon of soil into a cup of ph'd to 6.8 water let it sit overnight and check the ph of the slurry if it reads 6.8 your good to go if it comes back at say 7.2 that means your soil is a ph of 7 or there about just right in the middle of the two numbers is where your soil ph will be.

I bought strips a week ago and the oh was around 6.5

Good deal then get her to dry out a bit and then start watering again pick your method and go for it. Or was it 6.5 after you ph'd your water to 6.8 or is the soil 6.5

Good deal then get her to dry out a bit and then start watering again pick your method and go for it. Or was it 6.5 after you ph'd your water to 6.8 or is the soil 6.5

The runoff from tap water was 6.5 but the strips are hard to tell

I know those strips are tricky but you don't need to be exact. If pH is good than I agree with redmud. Just let it dry out a bit

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey guys! We're about 2 and a half weeks in, soil was feeling awfully dry so I decided to water. First time watering with half strength nutes (1 tsp per gallon of grow big from FF). In the images I don't believe the droopiness is from overwatering, I believe it's something else. Any ideas?

420-magazine-mobile1807334156.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1810441333.jpg
420-magazine-mobile260850423.jpg
420-magazine-mobile202399348.jpg

The really do look over watered and like they want to eat you might be getting some root rot going which looks a lot like deficiencies since the roots are slowly dying there's less and less roots to take up nutes. Or if the roots are having trouble getting free of that compacted soil the plant might have outgrown it's roots either way less water. Check out my journal I haven't watered in over a month and they look happy but my roots are searching every nook and cranny of soil for moisture so I'll get progressively faster healthy growth up top.

Back
Top Bottom