Dwalkama's 230 Watt CFL, Soil, Bag Seed, Grow

dwalkama

Hi guys! I'm a first time grower just looking for some guidance and advice. I'm growing in a 3'x2' closet that I painted flat white with a light I built (8-23W 6500k and 2-23W 2700k lights). The seeds are from a bag of some decent, but obviously pollinated bud I got off a buddy. They 11 plants are currently in 1 qt pots, medium is MG potting soil. I bought fox farms trio, but have not starting using it yet (scared of burn). The lights are being kept on for 24 hours right now and the seedlings have been in soil for about a week (germinated in paper towels).
20170121_083350.jpg
20170121_083341.jpg
20170121_083332.jpg

Re: Dwalkama's 230 W CFL Soil Grow (Bagseed)

How many plants do you guys think ill be able keep in this closet? I know i have too many right now, but i was hoping to flower 6 or so, then pray that only half are males haha. Also, when should i start with the fox farms nutes?

Ill be following along! Youre a couple days behind me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the response man. Shouldn't I start flowering more because some will be males? Or should I only veg 4?

Thanks for the response man. Shouldn't I start flowering more because some will be males? Or should I only veg 4?
You look like you have plenty lol, you have to remember bagseeds are like people its a 50/50 shot on the sex and i currently only have 5 growing.

I was replying to pat999 but I haven't figured out how to quite yet haha

The little arrow at the bottom right of his comment

Plants are looking good, bought some stupid leds before starting and can't return them, set em up hoping for some supplementary light.

420-magazine-mobile1212871721.jpg

420-magazine-mobile287658160.jpg
420-magazine-mobile779817102.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1650409087.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Anyone have suggestions for a cheap temp/hum meter?

Anyone have suggestions for a cheap temp/hum meter?

Mine found me. Was 5 dollars at Ocean State Job Lot. A catch all type store in my area. Walmart you'd be able to get one for 10 dollars.
420-magazine-mobile1400583459.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Mine found me. Was 5 dollars at Ocean State Job Lot. A catch all type store in my area. Walmart you'd be able to get one for 10 dollars.
420-magazine-mobile1400583459.jpg

Thanks man,I saw that one on eBay so I'll pick it up there

Although, not entirely necessary. Beneficial though for sure. As long as Temps fall inbetween 75 and upward to a max 85. Ideally around 78 I like. Your growing based on this alone, considering all other satisfactory growing techniques; you'll have no issue. Ie. Humidity will not hurt plant I've read and believe to be true. I was getting worked up; since my humidity levels remain at 20. I bring it up to 30 by adding ice once and a while. But these plants are so resilient at every stage of their lives. Therefore, if all other aspects of your growing are satisfactory; the low humidity [at least] will not be detrimental by the slightest bit, not whatsoever. The will is strong and humidity will not adversely effect you in any way that's noticeable. Unless that is humidity sky's too high. Then mold and excessive heat is possibility then. Sorry if confusing. I just learned this self upon researching.

Although, not entirely necessary. Beneficial though for sure. As long as Temps fall inbetween 75 and upward to a max 85. Ideally around 78 I like. Your growing based on this alone, considering all other satisfactory growing techniques; you'll have no issue. Ie. Humidity will not hurt plant I've read and believe to be true. I was getting worked up; since my humidity levels remain at 20. I bring it up to 30 by adding ice once and a while. But these plants are so resilient at every stage of their lives. Therefore, if all other aspects of your growing are satisfactory; the low humidity [at least] will not be detrimental by the slightest bit, not whatsoever. The will is strong and humidity will not adversely effect you in any way that's noticeable. Unless that is humidity sky's too high. Then mold and excessive heat is possibility then. Sorry if confusing. I just learned this self upon researching.

My issue is that I'm growing in a closet in a cement basement, so high humidity low temp. The lights seem to keep it warm though

My issue is that I'm growing in a closet in a cement basement, so high humidity low temp. The lights seem to keep it warm though

Have a dehumidifier? It's create increase in temp. Do that and your golden. That's my take on your space as described being low temp and hi humidity. Dehumidifier will produce heat substantially if immediate area is somewhat small. To the point where you'd find yourself regulations temperature more than humidity. The Temps will have greater noticeable effect. Unless again, humidity soars to far to much for plant to thrive. I did not research high humidity much. Just common senses tell me humidity can become too high. The detrimental effects of high humidity, I'm unable to speak with great knowledge toward.

I like the ingenuity in your set up. The turkey pans are a great idea. Maybe keep them all untill they get to like 7 or so inches then cull some out.

Sent from my LGMS428 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I like the ingenuity in your set up. The turkey pans are a great idea. Maybe keep them all untill they get to like 7 or so inches then cull some out.

Sent from my LGMS428 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Thanks man! Cull some out? Will I be able to sex them then?

Should I be worried that they're growing at significantly different rates?
420-magazine-mobile1944166534.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1165422628.jpg

Back
Top Bottom