Poormans Swampgrass Tron Grow

Nice plants
Thanks man.;)

Ok,having company this weekend so got em watered/ferted and put away for a couple days.(Ferts=10 drops liquid MG plant food,use it every watering.1/2 tsp.per 2 qt. MG bloom booster.)Tron only gets 2 qts. when watering.
Figured I'd post my update pics.I put a cold one in there for size reference.
Have a good weekend all!:grinjoint:

DSCF1432.JPG

DSCF1433.JPG

DSCF1434.JPG

DSCF1435.JPG

DSCF1437.JPG

:thanks:Pan4 ;)

Ok,been a lil over a week.Everything seems to be coming along nicely.
Here's my pron!:grinjoint:

DSCF1442.JPG

DSCF1438.JPG

DSCF1445.JPG

DSCF1439.JPG

DSCF1441.JPG

DSCF1444.JPG

DSCF1446.JPG

DSCF1440.JPG

DSCF1443.JPG

Hope ya'll are having a good weekend! :peace:

I did forget to mention one thing.I was going to introduce ladybugs into the grow but after planting the chives the mites are almost gone.I believe in another week,maybe two that they will be gone completely.We will see.So far this natural method of mite control has been very impressive.:peace:

With the medical marijuana debate in the air alot lately it's made me ponder quite a few things.
My friends and I discuss it occasionally,alot of them don't smoke,have their opinions,they're varied but almost unanimously they agree that it has it's place and should be decriminilized.
It upsets me at times at the amount of ignorance that is still very prevalent on this issue in our government and society in this day and age.
I'll share a story with you.

It's been a few years now since my father has passed.
He was diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma.
Upon diagnosis the doctors gave him 6 months to a year to live.
My parents had great insurance and a top university accepted him for an experimental new treatment.
He responded well to this new treatment but still had to undergo additional chemo therapy.
This is where things got bad.
My father went from fairly robust to someone that had to have constant care as he became too weak to even do the things we take for granted in our daily lives.
I left my job so that I could assist my mother and try to lessen the load.
Getting my father to even eat was difficult at times.
I am and have been a marijuana smoker for a long time and knew that if I could convince my father to partake it would ease his nausea and stimulate his appetite.
Over the next 6 months I encouraged,explained,argued my opinion on this matter to no avail.
You see,my father was raised on the belief that marijuana was evil,illegal,and anyone who partakes of the herb is less than normal.
My father fought for a little over a year,a really hard year.
Unless you've had to deal with a family member dying of the disease it's hard to explain and still painfull writing about it even now.
He finally succumbed to the cancer and passed.At that point it was a blessing.
It could have been different.Would he have lived any longer?Hell yes,I believe that without a doubt.
Would his quality of life been better?Hell yes,anything is better than a morphine induced coma like state of being.
My point in all of this is that a simple plant could have helped my father in his fight but due to the lies and ignorance about the plant he was raised with he couldn't bring himself to help himself.
That type of mindset still exists in our government today.
It needs to go damnit.
I dream of a world where money isn't the factor in everything we do.
Where prison isn't a business.
Where government is for the people,by the people.
Where education is truth.
I dream alot and I miss my father.
:peace:

Hey buddie, do i see a hint of mold on those leaves? It may just be residual nutes from a foliar feed or maybe its just my eyes. I'd clean off the big fan leaves with a damp paper towel. If you can, maybe decrease the rpm of your exhaust fan. That'll increase the temp in there by a few degrees and dry out the air so you're less suceptibe to bud rot. Toward the late bud stages, temps in the mid-high 80's are your friend.

If nothing else, clean off the leaves so the light can get to the leaf easier.

Hey buddie, do i see a hint of mold on those leaves? It may just be residual nutes from a foliar feed or maybe its just my eyes. I'd clean off the big fan leaves with a damp paper towel. If you can, maybe decrease the rpm of your exhaust fan. That'll increase the temp in there by a few degrees and dry out the air so you're less suceptibe to bud rot. Toward the late bud stages, temps in the mid-high 80's are your friend.

If nothing else, clean off the leaves so the light can get to the leaf easier.
No mold,just residue.I had wiped it off right after those shots.They be healthy!
Temps stay in the low eighties during the day and about 70-75 at night. ;)

Thanks Charlie.The last batch was uber dank for sure.Going to be alot better this time because I caught the males early and there will be no seed!That is unless something really bad happens and they hermie.Let's hope not!:peace:

I dream alot and I miss my father.
Having been there with dad same as you has helped me to become more active in the Medical Cannabis areas. Like what you're doing in 420. Many amongst have strived for a better cannabis society and to help educate and rid the age old nasty " Reefer Madness" scare tactics used so widely.
Thanks for your efforts and, Good Grow.

Having been there with dad same as you has helped me to become more active in the Medical Cannabis areas. Like what you're doing in 420. Many amongst have strived for a better cannabis society and to help educate and rid the age old nasty " Reefer Madness" scare tactics used so widely.
Thanks for your efforts and, Good Grow.
Amen to that brother.Thank you for sharing.Keep up the good work!
I'm off to the wilderness with 12 babies. :peace:

Looking really good bro! I have a hindu kush growing in a tron exactly like yours and she is healthy as the devil! Tron on bro!

I will be reading this journal with interest. The only tron grow attempts I have actually seen were disappointments to the people who tried. Mostly because of light issues, either they didn't have enough light or their plants got so "thick" that the supplementary top lighting that they added didn't want to penetrate.

But can you PLEASE not call your 23-/26-/whatever-watt CFLs "100 watt equivalents?" Kind of misleading to people that don't know better since the "equivalency" is not to a type of bulb that will support plant life such as another florescent, a HPS, or a MH but rather to a plain old incandescent. On top of this, it leads to the person doing this ending up and typing "100 watt" with no "equivalent" word in the sentence anywhere. When you did it in this journal I thought for a moment that you'd actually switched to one of those 100(ish)-watt CFL bulbs that I've seen advertised on the internet and I was about to ask you how much heat they produced and if they are really as long as they look in the pictures lol.

Basically (I believe that) the "equivalency" - disregarding the fact that the companies that market CFLs with this term are trying to sell the things to Ma & Pa Kettle and it probably came from the ad/marketing department instead of their R&D department - only refers to a person's ability to, say, read with it and not to grow plants. I just picked up a 42-watt CFL and the box refers to it as a "150-watt equivalent" but if I tried to tell the plants that it was equal to a 150-watt HPS they would all turn male, get a severe spider mite infection, and start laughing at me at night when they sneak off to hang with the plants down the street lol.

Please don't take offense, just a gripe of mine. But I do feel that it is a relevant point that should corrected where possible.

Oh, another reason I am reading your journal with interest is because you are feeding your plants Miracle Grow and don't seem to be suffering for doing so. I have always heard/read that that is a BAD idea. But I just happen to have a box of the stuff sitting on a shelf that I've been ignoring while I lament the fact that a round-trip to the nearest hydro store would take me a little over seven hours. Hmm.

Thanks for posting this journal, and please keep us posted!

Harry,check your pm bro.You too Ms.Fox.
I'll miss you two,take care. :peace:

Would a moderator please move this to abandoned/incomplete journals?

@420:Keep up the good work you've established with this great site man,it's the best.
Minus signing off........:rip:

Take care Minus, you will be missed by all at 420mag.

Thanks for all you've shared with us. You were always very helpful and kind. Hope the journey of life takes you where you want to go.

Respect.
Doc Dread

Take care Minus, you will be missed by all at 420mag.

Thanks for all you've shared with us. You were always very helpful and kind. Hope the journey of life takes you where you want to go.

Respect.
Doc Dread

Sorry it took me so long to respond man.I'm back around just a lot slower. ;)
Thank you for the kind words.Much respect back at ya Dread.

Thanks for the tunes Harry!:thanks:

The ladies had to go too early.Turned out relatively like a cheap grade.
Pretty,but didn't quite get the job done.
Settled now and things are going good.
Hope to be around a bit more.:peace:

Hey Minus, Sisco here and I have been checking out journals this morning, yours is unique and I also had a string in my soul pulled when I read about you dad. I, can identify with you because I also tried to push this med. on my grandfather who was born in the 30's. He honestly thought it was too illegal and risky to even try it once. Grandma on the other hand wanted to smoke it and there was nothing wrong with her. So, yes I do agree that the close minded peolpe are doing more harm than good and we need to do what we do best and push the subjuect to the furthest. Good luck with the grow.

Back
Top Bottom