1st Grow Bomb Bagweed

Stully, pro-active rather than reactive. Plants are looking very good bro. Might need to add another 400 watt'r to that grow room. Looks like quite the crowd. I thought I was bad jam'in two mid sized plants under a 400 watt hps...lol. Buddy of mine says 1 watt=1 gram. More wattage equals bigger yields. We are looking at another 400 watt, he says skip it and by a 1000 watt. In his words, "buy nice, or buy twice!"...lol. Keep up the great work bro..^5's.

I love the idea of 1000 watts. Could you imagine? But the electric bill aint going for that. Just wait till I get out of this damn house and get myself some room to grow outside all summer, After that I can basically shut the indoor room off. Thanks GMT.

Just checked in with the garden, we got one certified beaster male, and one certified beaster female, 2 undecided. We have a certified sexing of Miss Kim and she is indeed a ......a ...lady! We have one more certified male that previously went by the name Jan Brady... Go figure. And lastly, we have a few unknowns. We're gonna go ballhunting a little when they decide to wake up for the day.

All got a straight watering last round, and are ready to go strong with some feeding for the next water in a day or two. FFBB and FFTB. We got to weed out the males, because I NEED MORE ROOM>

But all plants look very healthy and are in a vigorous growth stage( I have to raise the lights up everyday).

Will be back with some pics the next time I water.

Stully, pro-active rather than reactive. Plants are looking very good bro. Might need to add another 400 watt'r to that grow room. Looks like quite the crowd. I thought I was bad jam'in two mid sized plants under a 400 watt hps...lol. Buddy of mine says 1 watt=1 gram. More wattage equals bigger yields. We are looking at another 400 watt, he says skip it and by a 1000 watt. In his words, "buy nice, or buy twice!"...lol. Keep up the great work bro..^5's.

1 watt=1 gram is part of an efficiency rule of thumb, but incomplete. Total kilowatt/hours is more meaningful ie; total grams cured bud divided by total kwh. 400watts X 12hr/day X 60(?) days = 288kwh. Just for the flower power. Veg light should be but is not often factored. 10 oz in 8 and a half weeks under 400 is expert benchmark.
More light will bloom more bud but not necessarily more 'efficiently'. The Sun is efficient (free).

Good luck Stully on your ball hunt. Hope you don't find any more but still manage with your space ;)

1 watt=1 gram is part of an efficiency rule of thumb, but incomplete. Total kilowatt/hours is more meaningful ie; total grams cured bud divided by total kwh. 400watts X 12hr/day X 60(?) days = 288kwh. Just for the flower power. Veg light should be but is not often factored. 10 oz in 8 and a half weeks under 400 is expert benchmark.
More light will bloom more bud but not necessarily more 'efficiently'. The Sun is efficient (free).

Good luck Stully on your ball hunt. Hope you don't find any more but still manage with your space ;)

I just calculated the cost to run 400w under the currect fuel and non-fuel charges. I estimate $29 for 288kWh. I have a kill-a-watt I plan to use on my next grow. No matter the cost, it is still better than risking the stuff on the streets. I am getting ready since I am running low from my last harvest.

By the way, very nice journal.
Peace.
:roorrip:

Propa Gator, I would love to do my entire grow under sunlight, but not practical. Michigan is not known for it's number of sunny days!...lol. Also, we are legally restricted to 12 plants in a locked space at any given time/patient, therefore negating a legal outdoor grow.

I'm doing a bit of a test run right now. The weather has really cooled down. I turned the air conditioner off and plugged the ventilation fan in. Hopefully, I can turn the air off for good. Might actually try to get another light going for the finale. Nothing huge, prolly another 400 maybe a 250. Got to see what type of deal I can get.

Sweet, I'm glad to hear your temps have dropped. More light is always good, yet you might have to run your ac again, and then again maybe not. I'm still waiting for temps to break here ...... and waiting..... and waiting lol

I know, right. Good thing the heat wave is over. I don't think it'll stay this way for long but the rain is kinda helping keep temps in check. 2 months till halloween and crisp autumn nights. It is way easier to grow inside durring colder months.

I never liked the ratio thown around about crop yield in grams divided by the rated lamp wattage. I am much more concerned about the yield divided by total energy input used. Since watts is itself a ratio of energy use divided by time, Joules/second, multiplying this by a time length will give us actual energy used. I've been using a "kill-a-watt" meter on all electrical components for this entire grow, so I will be able to give a real grams per watt or grams per joule number.

Stully, I'm excited for your flowering period. We will be here for the challenges that await.

The point about 1 watt=1 gram was meant more as suggestion that by increasing available light, I would increase my yields. We currently have only one 400 watt HPS and 14 CFL's. Our friend said that we would significantly increase our yields if we replaced some CFL's with another HPS. I said we would like to get another 400 watt, and he suggested we should buy a 1000 watt, and save ourselves the added expense of upgrading in the future. :) Wasn't meant

hey thanks for stopping by fellas. I don't really know much about watts or voltage or cost to run my lights or anything about how many grams come from how many watts, but I know how to take some pictures.. wanna see?
al_sorts_050.JPG

al_sorts_051.JPG

al_sorts_054.JPG

al_sorts_053.JPG

al_sorts_052.JPG

I can't get in real close to get those nice close-ups, so to remedy my inferior camera, I am going to have to grow the buds so big that my camera can capture the good details.

Allright guys, I made another boo boo. I put too much trust in the feminized seed and forgot to label my MC clones. So far more males then females. So here is the new plan. I am going to keep Kim going. She is hardy, fast to show sex, grows fast, buds fast, and really is a bush. I can't remember how the high was, but my wife says it was really good. So here is my issue. I've read about all the cloning how to's on this site, but I don't really know any downfalls to cloning while in flower. Does it stress the donor? I would like som feedback if anybody's got it. She needs a trim anyway. Also, should I take a cut with some bud on it, or do I have to remove the buds? Thanks as always for stopping by. More pics coming soon.

Back
Top Bottom