Berry Bomb Clone Grow

Thanks! That doesn’t seem like the same problem I had. I had nothing fuzzy or white.

Thanks, the outside of the bud where the white fuzzy stuff was in side was dying and brown, mushy and squishy. Kinda damp actually. Looked like refrigerator experiments I've seen in the past. o_O I will be keeping a very attentive watch from this point forward until harvest.

A follow up inspection this morning revealed more of the cursed white mold looking stuff.

I'll send out a special request to @DrDoob to give this a look see. Anyone else please chime in if you have seen or know of this sort of thing.

Yuk! Cleaned and cut it out. Hopefully stopping any spread. I still haven't seen anything else that shows the symptoms this area exhibited. Whew!

A follow up inspection this morning revealed more of the cursed white mold looking stuff.

I'll send out a special request to @DrDoob to give this a look see. Anyone else please chime in if you have seen or know of this sort of thing.

Yuk! Cleaned and cut it out. Hopefully stopping any spread. I still haven't seen anything else that shows the symptoms this area exhibited. Whew!
Hmmmm I don’t mean to sound like a jerk but that picture makes me happy, that’s not what I got. ::knockonwood::

Not sure what you can do, I’ve heard of people spraying with hydrogen peroxide, but have never done it.

:passitleft:

Whew, Good to know. I don't feel you were being a jerk at all. I'm happy to not be having White Flies. I actually have some rather strong hydrogen peroxide. Will give a little shot to the affected area.

Wow @BTzGrow those are good looking plants, well done!Those were some super strong clones to start from, that is awesome! I'm sorry about the rot or mold on the bud, i can't help with a suggestion to prevent it from spreading, but if they were mine i would consider chopping it early if you can not slow the mold down, otherwise you might risk the whole crop getting infested with mold. I'm not very experienced i just thought i'd put that thought out there :slide::tommy::high-five::cheer:very nice setup and plants.

Thanks @Cape Of Good Dope for the awesome compliments. :thanks: They were extremely strong clones to begin with. Gifted to our Southern California 420 Growers gathering in April from @Agemon.:party:

I am doggedly watch both plants very closely. I just wish I had of recognized the symptoms a little earlier, but good lessons come that way.

I figure I'm within a week of harvest as this Wednesday will be 10 weeks since the flip. I have already started reducing the light schedule down to 10hrs on each day. Also cut out the nutrients to just pH'd water. Will most likely go dark for a couple of days later this week, then chop and trim.

Thanks for coming by, hope you will check back in a couple of weeks for the final yield weigh in.

Step back when you go to water, there is a major battle going on inside that tent.:p
Fortunately I can now water without opening the tents, but that’s how my problems went unnoticed, so I’ll have to deal. The bad plant was just out of view of my camera.

One of my three BerryBomb clones is different than the others. Not sure what I did to cause it, but I really want to find out. It’s got solid 18” colas and is maturing slowly where the other two have 8” colas and are much maturing faster.

5DB1F977-7DFC-45D1-9353-0F950DBFCAC6.png

AB0815C9-DB2E-460C-8C25-4A0E74A201ED.png

:passitleft:

One of my three BerryBomb clones is different than the others. Not sure what I did to cause it, but I really want to find out. It’s got solid 18” colas and is maturing slowly where the other two have 8” colas and are much maturing faster.:passitleft:
I certainly hope you can figure out how you got an 18inch cola. o_O Mine are about like your other two around 8inches.:thumb::woohoo:

Inspection again today with watering revealed continuing damage moving upward on the bud. So I cut the bud off from below the affected area on the stem.

Not messing around and letting any other part of either plant be affected by this. It seems to spread very fast. Too much to lose at this point. A little sacrifice to save the whole is hopefully enough.

I started watering the BeBo's straight pH 5.5 water no nutrients two days ago on Tuesday the 16th of July. Today another watering and they are still drinking 1.5 liters with about 250ml runoff.

I have changed the light schedule down to 10hrs on, and 14hrs off. Today, I moved one of the Perfect Sun Minis out of this tent as I really needed it over in the new 2x4 flowering tent.

10 Weeks since the flip as of yesterday July 17th. I did perform an Amber check and found just a couple trichomes on the top most cola on the SLH plant that had Amber. I feel I'm calling this just about right for the time to start flushing and reducing the light intensity. This plant needs to figure out winter is coming and get busy with the final maturing.

Watered again with plain RO and pH'd to 5.75. I did find some of the bud rot mold on the Dyna Gro plant. @FelipeBlu and I were wondering it it had anything to do with the MegaCrop feed on the other plant. Obviously not.

I did discover that my air movement monkey fan has been off. Perhaps since the middle of June when I set up the new larger tent. I also started my little dehumidifier that I have been neglecting. Must keep the humidity a lot lower especially with a plant that produces such large colas. Lessons learned.

Prep for Harvest: Hit 10 weeks since flip this last Wednesday. I've seen a limited number of Amber on top colas, I continue to have issues identifying cloudy trichomes. Everything is so sparkly.

I put this grow into total 24hr darkness Yesterday Sunday after watering. Currently at 24hrs. I did flush will clear pH'd at 5.75 RO water at that point. Planning on 2-3 days of darkness before chopping and trimming.

The aroma of this plant continues to please. brushing up against leaves a certain berry smell. Yum.

Wow! what a busy day. I cut down and wet trimmed both of these beautiful plants today. Took me about 3.5 hours.

I feel I have an idea why there was bud root. In addition to high humidity and marginal temps in the low 80's there was a situation that I haven't seen before. Both of these plants produced the largest and tightest bud's I have ever seen. I mean major heavy and thick is an understatement. I had to cut out a few more colas heads. One on the DynaGro plant and three on the MegaCrop plant.

I have one really huge top cola from the DynaGro plant that looks potentially suspect. I have it hanging off to the side away from the others.

It's disappointing that I had some loss because of the Bud Rot, but in the end I feel the yield will be still be rather nice. In the moment they are hanging in the dark in the smaller Gorilla Grow Tent. I will most likely move the Ebb & Flow system and plants into that tent and free up the space in the small veg tent that I like to use for drying.

I had unplugged my little dehumidifier and forgot to get it going again. I wonder how much that might have affected this issue. I had because of my noob status never encountered Bud Rot so didn't know what it looked like. It's all a learning curve. These buds are very large though.

Final Trim and Jar Day: Well, That day has come to jar up this crop and weigh the yield. I wasn't actually surprised by the results. These plants came to me as large healthy clones from @Agemon . DrDoob and InTheShed have some also. Looking forward to their results.

First up the Berry Bomb grown in the DynaGro Nutrient Mix.
30grams of nice super tight bud from the tops. 54grams of loose bud from below.
Total is 84grams = 2.96oz Very Pleased

Next up the Berry Bomb frown in the Mega Crop Nutrient Mix.
30grams of nice super tight bud from the tops. 27grams of loose bud from below.
Total of 57grams = 2oz Pleased and not surprised.

Total yield for both plants comes in at 141grams for 4.97oz of a very nice smelling cannabis. Can't wait for the smoke test.

60grams of really nice tight top colas bud and 81grams of loose bud that will be great for smoking and perhaps some edibles and oils.

Final note on yield. approximately an eighth to a quarter of an oz was removed I'm guessing from each plant due to bud rot mold. difficult to say exactly because it was wet and moldy. Yuk!

Back
Top Bottom