Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL - LED

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

Looking good Sue.

Seems to be a Sativa year everybody get some, I just ordered some on Sunday.
Was also exited by African Buzz and get 3 reg seeds, hope they arrive soon.
Got 5 weeks left on my next harvest and need clones from every plant so may be to short time.

I hope I can convince my grow buddy to wait a week, will be hard with veg area full of Plants still waiting.
But I need some sativa :grinjoint: should be doable as Sunday starts a new batch of Blue Dream on my P450.
And I will reserve at least 2-3 plants spots under the P 600.

Plan is to germinate 3 reg African Buzz, 3 reg Jamaica Grape and 2 fem Green Crack from Sick Meds.
Try to get some in or make mothers for later.

That Green Crack sounds good too (as all :rofl: ) but seems to be very fast 49 - 55 days.

Wish you and Dale the best :love:

Nice list. Jamaican Grape, eh? I'll add that to my list. After I finish stocking the shelves and get back to big pots again I have two grows in mind, SweetSue Goes Sativa and SweetSue's Jamaican Adventure. That strain sounds like a natural for a Caribbean vacation.

I can't type Jamaican without it sounding all native in my brain. "Jamaaakin " :laughtwo: What a lovely country. :love:

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

Have you planted the seeds yet? Lets get moving....stock is dwindling. Empty pots beg for a seed.

Put the seeds in a hat and pull a few out to get the ball rolling.

Have you planted the seeds yet? Lets get moving....stock is dwindling. Empty pots beg for a seed.

Put the seeds in a hat and pull a few out to get the ball rolling.

I hear you. :laughtwo: Lights must be moved, ventilation of some sort arranged, all the little things tied into moving that still have to take a back seat to life. Thank God for the implementation of the hot spot. My bus time became more enjoyable. I hesitate to say more "productive". Makes it sound like work and something I feel this passionate about can't be work. :blushsmile:

Looking good Sue.

Seems to be a Sativa year everybody get some, I just ordered some on Sunday.
Was also exited by African Buzz and get 3 reg seeds, hope they arrive soon.
Got 5 weeks left on my next harvest and need clones from every plant so may be to short time.

I hope I can convince my grow buddy to wait a week, will be hard with veg area full of Plants still waiting.
But I need some sativa :grinjoint: should be doable as Sunday starts a new batch of Blue Dream on my P450.
And I will reserve at least 2-3 plants spots under the P 600.

Plan is to germinate 3 reg African Buzz, 3 reg Jamaica Grape and 2 fem Green Crack from Sick Meds.
Try to get some in or make mothers for later.

That Green Crack sounds good too (as all :rofl: ) but seems to be very fast 49 - 55 days.

Wish you and Dale the best :love:

Family and friends love the Green Crack! It's up there with Master Kush as a "git 'er done" type of high.

image24804.jpg

My Build A Soil order came in. The big pot goes into storage until I have fully explored this growing paradigm DrZiggy and I have started and I have more big lights. Tomorrow I'll apply a bit of Neem Seed Cake topdress and finally begin the Integrated Pest Management system I should have been practicing all along. The stuff is pungent, but in a good way. Maybe that's just me. :laughtwo: The Agsil 16H is Potassium Silicate, one more piece in my amendment puzzle. It becomes a constant in both the enzyme teas and the coconut/aloe drenches, so twice a week applications. I believe all I need now are alfalfa meal and karanja oil for foliars.

I'll be filling one of the one gallon pots with HB kit soil tomorrow and set it somewhere under the lights. I'll plant that with a mystery seed, just for the fun of it. The Easter Bunny will get a kick out of it. :love: Between DrZiggy and me we'll figure out what size pot works best. I've been researching organics in small pots, and I have my work cut out for me. Actually, I'm going to take an approach with them similar to the kit soil, soaking them in teas and drenches through to flowering. With smaller pots you simply need to be more attentive to the amending schedule. Possibly toss in some comfrey teas.

This is going to be so interesting. My brain is just buzzing and I haven't even started smoking for the evening. Let me amend that oversight. :laughtwo::green_heart:

One of my challenges is the different ways these soils are handled through the seedling stage. Doc is insistent that they go through the wet/dry cycle to encourage root development. I have promised to follow his lead here. My LOS pots, by contrast, thrive on the SWICK, seed to harvest. I have no reason to believe they will do otherwise in the restriction of smaller pots. In fact, I would think the smaller pots would benefit most from the SWICK.

So I have pots that water themselves constantly and pots that don't. My solution is to raise the HB kit pots above the perlite to let them dry out during the seedling stage. I want to keep them on the tray though, just for space considerations under the lights. To do that I will use one of my favorite finds for this job.

These are drain covers, sold in the plumbing section of your local big box hardware store. They come in some respectable sizes, for those with larger pots.

image24805.jpg

This size is perfect for these pots.

image24806.jpg

Challenge overcome. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you Rad. I thought about that all day, and when I came home it hit me like a sledge hammer. We use these to keep Dale's Nepenthes above the tray. I killed those plants with neglect, sad to say. Years ago he had some monster Nepenthes when he got deathly sick for an extended period, kind of like this time. I killed them too. They take such specialized daily watering. It's so sad that I couldn't keep them alive for him, but he lost interest in them months ago and I've been struggling to keep them going.

Hear the guilt in my voice? (Sigh).

Need to make some bedtime brownies for the daughter. This recipe is so easy it's almost sinful. :laughtwo:

I have made one regular adjustment to the recipe. I now add the herb to the melted butter and let it simmer just below boiling for 10 minutes. It was an instinctive adjustment influenced by the idea that the THC binds to the butter fats.

Be back soon.

And you think you can sleep well if your Babygirls are thirty ? :ganjamon::winkyface:

No one's thirsty here Darkgrow. This is a SWICK house. :laughtwo:

I would like to know a lil more about this neem top dress I have been fighting spider mites this week and I think I am winning as long as I didn't kill my LSD plant I can come out ahead. I was gonna go get neem oil and mix it with my water and alternate with nutrients for two weeks. But if you top dress I guess you could just water with nutes right

Family and friends love the Green Crack! It's up there with Master Kush as a "git 'er done" type of high.

One for my list. My favorite type of high.

I would like to know a lil more about this neem top dress I have been fighting spider mites this week and I think I am winning as long as I didn't kill my LSD plant I can come out ahead. I was gonna go get neem oil and mix it with my water and alternate with nutrients for two weeks. But if you top dress I guess you could just water with nutes right

If I were battling spider mites I'd use both oil in foliar sprays and meal for a top dress. Mites are humidity related aren't they? Can you drop your humidity levels? I'll be honest and admit that I've never had mites on any indoor plant, so battling them is foreign to me. I do know that the neem seed meal is a long-term approach, part of an IPM program meant to deter infestations, not necessarily eliminate them quickly. The oil will help eliminate the adults, but do nothing for the eggs.

Good luck. Maybe someone here has a proven method for battling the mites. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks sweet sue i will doing my third treatment tomorrow I wanna do two more after that

If I were battling spider mites I'd use both oil in foliar sprays and meal for a top dress. Mites are humidity related aren't they? Can you drop your humidity levels? I'll be honest and admit that I've never had mites on any indoor plant, so battling them is foreign to me. I do know that the neem seed meal is a long-term approach, part of an IPM program meant to deter infestations, not necessarily eliminate them quickly. The oil will help eliminate the adults, but do nothing for the eggs.

Good luck. Maybe someone here has a proven method for battling the mites. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Drop humidity? Oh no, please don't do that. Spider mites are INHIBITED by higher humidity and lower temps. High temps and low humidity are what they thrive on.

So, Please don't lower your humidity if you're fighting mites.

I'll come over to your journal.

Thank you Doc. I won't make that mistake again.

Seconded. Thumbs up. :thumb:

Almost looks like your trichomes are growing trichomes :rofl:

I look at those pictures and start to sing a little bit. She still has at least a month to six weeks to go. Can you even imagine? :laughtwo: I guess you can. Go look at what Ziggy's getting ready to harvest next. Damn! :slide:

This soil gets stronger every cycle. I plan to keep it going perpetually. In time it will have its own light. It worked out quite nicely that the Dark Devil is this far along and I'm planting another seed now. There are two open spots in that pot. In another month I could drop another seed and have that pot running the same way I'll have the SWICK mini garden going.

What a neat idea! Ooooo, my brain is running a mile a minute. I need to start a list of things that need done to get the tent running. With an oscillating fan I may be able to start without the ventilation system installed by leaving the front partially open. No one's in that room all day right now. Only very temporarily. Duggan will walk me through installation and I hope to have it completed before the end of next week. I want this Devil in that reflective tent ASAP!

Sorry Rad, got carried away there. :laughtwo: :love:

Back
Top Bottom