Green Knight Berry Bomb Hydro CFL - Experiment #1: Supercropped Defoliated ScROG

she looks amazing!! do i see a seed in pic 8? i cant wait to grow out my berry bomb hey i have grown bomb genetics if you wait an extra week she will pack on lots more weight:thumb:

Thanks bid - yeah I'm going to wait until I start seeing some amber on the calyxes so she's got a bit of time left.

Not sure about the seed - I hope not! I've not seen any male flowers and she's not been stressed so shouldn't have hermied (I hope!)

To be honest I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for!? I've looked closely at that photo in picture 8 but can't really say as I'm not an expert on seeds! I know you do lots of breeding so what should I be looking for (and whereabouts in the photo?). I know what bud that is so I'm going to go and have a closer look on the real thing. I'll be gutted if she's hermied though. I don't think she has, but I could very well be wrong

Wow Knight!
Things look awesome!
I haven't been around too much, been super busy with life, and building the new room!
Hope to get caught up with 420 work soon.
:thumb:

If it is a seed I would think its a Fem seed.

Yeah, it definitely wouldn't be the end of the world! I had a close look last night and I can't see anything, but I could be wrong as I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for, it all just looks the same to me!

Wow Knight!
Things look awesome!
I haven't been around too much, been super busy with life, and building the new room!
Hope to get caught up with 420 work soon.

Thanks Vick, cheers for the reps mate. I think I'm getting the hang of the camera, I banged it up to the maximum pixel setting and zoom in further on the computer and it seems to work pretty well, as long I manage to keep my hands steady when I take the photo!
I was catching up on your journal yesterday, I'm looking forward to seeing the new room when it's finished and your next grow starting

Those make wanna drool :bravo: oh so frosty!!!!! :passitleft:

Ha ha, yeah, I'm spending a lot of time looking and drooling myself. Having to be quite disciplined not to chop a bud or two and smoke it! Not long left, I just need to be self-disciplined and patient, not my two strongest qualities!

PS. Thank you for the reps Popham, much appreciated mate

Vick spotted a bit of amber too. It's weird because when I look through the microscope I can't see any (except some on sugar leaves and fans) but the calyxes seem not to have any under a mic, yet in the photos they seem more obvious, though I'm not sure whether its an artefact in the photos, or I'm just hopeless with a microscope!
This weekend feels about right to harvest to be honest and will have been a 10 day flush so I'm thinking I'll chop her on Friday

nice plant..im growing a thc bomb..hope it turns out nice.

i was very interested in the berry bomb and also the widow bomb. its nice to see the berry bomb cropped.

im sorry i miscounted it was the 9th pic but heres a highlighted pic i did it looks like the seam of a green seed i would not be upset with a free bean or 2 and besides your so close to done that even if she went full blown herm it would not harm the final product, i look at it like the plant was just making sure i could grow her out again , but i have yet to grow a feminized seed that did not make at least 1-3 seeds and only once in a while do i see any nanners on the, unless the go full blown herm, most dont, anyway heres the edited shot
IMG_1615111.JPG

im sorry i miscounted it was the 9th pic but heres a highlighted pic i did it looks like the seam of a green seed i would not be upset with a free bean or 2 and besides your so close to done that even if she went full blown herm it would not harm the final product, i look at it like the plant was just making sure i could grow her out again , but i have yet to grow a feminized seed that did not make at least 1-3 seeds and only once in a while do i see any nanners on the, unless the go full blown herm, most dont, anyway heres the edited shot
IMG_1615111.JPG

Wicked, thank you bid - thanks for taking the time to highlight the photo for me, that's really helpful. I hadn't realised that feminised plants often produced a few seeds without going full hermie. I'll make sure I pick the seeds out for growing in the future - as you say, it's a bonus!
Out of interest, what happens with the genetics with feminised plants self-seeding? Will the plant grown from the seed be a clone essentially, with exactly the same phenotype, or can you get a different phenotype from the seed?

nice plant..im growing a thc bomb..hope it turns out nice.

i was very interested in the berry bomb and also the widow bomb. its nice to see the berry bomb cropped.

Thanks FM, I'll put some more photos up in a couple of days before I chop, and then after.
The THC bomb looks amazing - the berry bomb has turned out a lot more frosty than bomb seed's photo, so the ThC Bomb could be an absolute animal!

Your going to do 3 days of dark?

On the underside of the plant. Any shoots start to come off? Did you remove if they did start coming off?

It will work out 2-3 days of dark, depending on whether I manage to harvest Thursday or Friday, but it will be 2 days minimum. I just want to give her a very clear message that life is about to end so she has a final burst of THC production.

When you say shoots on the underside of the plant, do you mean growth under the scrog screen? If so, I have to admit that I've not been too fastidious about keeping the undergrowth clear. I've had a couple of clear outs during veg and flowering, but I generally tried to avoid removing potential bud sites. I'll include photos of the underside when I come to harvest if it would be helpful?

Few questions with that.

Are you taking your plants to a higher percentage of amber before you cut?
Have you found they are fem seeds?

It will work out 2-3 days of dark, depending on whether I manage to harvest Thursday or Friday, but it will be 2 days minimum. I just want to give her a very clear message that life is about to end so she has a final burst of THC production.

When you say shoots on the underside of the plant, do you mean growth under the scrog screen? If so, I have to admit that I've not been too fastidious about keeping the undergrowth clear. I've had a couple of clear outs during veg and flowering, but I generally tried to avoid removing potential bud sites. I'll include photos of the underside when I come to harvest if it would be helpful?

Love to see pics just before u cut to see how she looks.

What I am talking about is, the main stem of the plant. I know at times it will have little shoots come off long after all others have been removed.

if its a self fem it will be identical to its mother, if its rogue pollen then it could be male and is only 50% mom, but its likely just a self fem , i have found that any female can and will make pollen and seed, if you want to get seeds from a strain you only have 1 plant of you can harvest the top 2/3ds and leave the rest to continue flowering long past the recommendation, im most cases she will make pollen and seed herself i do this with autos i want to grow again often since cloneing is not possible, hope this helps:thumb:

Thanks Vick, cheers for the reps mate. I think I'm getting the hang of the camera, I banged it up to the maximum pixel setting and zoom in further on the computer and it seems to work pretty well, as long I manage to keep my hands steady when I take the photo!
I was catching up on your journal yesterday, I'm looking forward to seeing the new room when it's finished and your next grow starting

it's up!!

I just spent the morning getting everything caught up computer wise.
drop by and have a peep when you can!

Vick's - OG Kush & Ambrosia Grow - Coco-GH-HPS-Wiw!

Good to see you going to have some fem beans from your crop!
And your photo skillary is really improving!

Back
Top Bottom