Green Knight - Hydro CFL - Auto Bomb - First Grow Journal

We're basically there now. I've taken some photos but I'll upload them tomorrow.

She's been flushed in plain pH balanced water for 7 days after a 24h flush of Final Phase and she's looking lovely. A few amber trichs, otherwise pretty much all milky. We're in the window of ripeness I reckon so we're ready to go.

So today's going to be the last day of light.... tomorrow will stay dark, as will Friday, and then Saturday she's getting the chop (which will take her to 76 days from seed popping to harvest)

looking great, id say just by looking at them that you have got at least 2 weeks or more before the flush, most of the pistils will turn brown and shrink back onto the buds, so id say your looking at around 2 weeks, they should put on more weight during this time as well as they fatten up quicker towards the end

Spot on as always dp!

So here are the photos I didn't upload yesterday... Day 73. She's now in darkness 'til Saturday.......

IMG_11347.JPG
IMG_113511.JPG
IMG_113611.JPG
IMG_113811.JPG
IMG_1139_-_Copy.JPG

Mate, I look at the photos and think actually, another week or two. But in real life she looks properly ready. The stone is also very nice based on the bottom buds and filthy quick drying (patience is a virtue and all that!): I cant wait to smoke her when properly dried and cured. The leaves are starting to yellow with the flush, but not much at all. But it will still be a 10 day flush when I cut her down on Saturday, and I also ran Final Phase. Which again makes me think I could probably push her for longer, but the trichs and stone are telling me that all is good!

So, she got the chop on Friday night / early Saturday morning and it's now all hanging up drying. I didn't weigh it wet but I'm thinking I'll possibly get an oz dry; the buds aren't quite as dense as I hoped once you actually manicure them and they start losing some of their moisture but they're nice and sticky.
A nice smoke though even when quick dried, so I'm looking forward to it once it's been dried properly and cured and the flavour etc comes out a bit more.

The lower down buds weren't badly developed considering they were 12-18 inches below the cfl so I think removing some of the leaves to allow better light penetration did make a difference. I think the bud density is more a result of the cfl; certainly one side of the plant got less light anyway because the refelctor doesn't have an even footprint (much less light on the side that contains the fitting for the bulb. I'm definitely convinced that medium term an upgrade will be necessary. Space-wise I'd get too many issues with temp if I went to an hps so I'll upgrade to an LED I reckon at some point in the New Year.

IMG_11518.JPG

IMG_114411.JPG

IMG_11499.JPG

IMG_11709.JPG

IMG_11699.JPG

IMG_116812.JPG

looks good. Looking forward to your dry weight. How did the roots look? never mind your still growing the small buds?

Roots were good spring - stupidly didn't take any photos I'm sorry, but they filled up a lot of the res.

I'm not growing the little buds - they all came out shortly after the photo was taken and they'll go into hash or vodka or something once dry.

Nice grow dry weight when done

Looks like it's around 2oz. Comes in at 61g currently. It's likely to lose some more weight as I've only dried it until the stems just snap, and it's now in a jar with a mini hygrometer. I'll get it to 65% RH and then all's good for the cure. So probably just under 2oz once it's lost the last bit of moisture and is curing.

I'm pretty happy with that. The only slight disappointment is the buds aren't nearly as full and dense as I would have liked. I think this is probably a lighting issue and the downside of the cfl, but apart from that all's good.

Smoke-wise it's very nice; much better than when brutalised in a microwave quick-dry, and the taste will only improve with curing. I won't give any 'tastes like citron' descriptions I'm sorry because I'm not very good at that. It tastes like nice weed. The smell's a bit grassy at the moment but is very fragrant and sweet once it's been in the grinder. Again I reckon this will improve with curing.

Very happy with the stone; it doesn't hit you in the head after a couple of tokes, but creeps, taking 10-15 minutes to build and then you realise you're really stoned. Nice and uplifting and chatty, and it doesn't nail you to the sofa. All good basically

Back
Top Bottom