Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL - LED

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

It's 8:10. I've been up since 6 AM and I haven't stopped working all day. This after being up until 3 AM. Where does all this energy come from? It's like I can't stop. :laughtwo:

I need a smoke break. ;)

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

I think these epic changes deserve their own journal. We're not in Kansas anymore (or your tiny closet).

Thats intresting bit of news:) Im just looking for a slow relese nute or a good way to make soil from the garden:D Il have a gander a bit more and see what i can find, that mix sounds great tho:) I was gona fill a school bag of soil for a couple of different places around my area eg. forest area soil, fields with wildlife etc. I dont know where would be good tho, farmers field or just near it is the best i can think to try :)
Hard working haha i get cought some days myself with the ladies, theres just soo much that can be done:high-five:

I think these epic changes deserve their own journal. We're not in Kansas anymore (or your tiny closet).

How true Major. How true. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Let me get to work on that.

Well haven't you been a busy lil bee :)

Do you have any idea how much work is involved in researching the genetics of 10 different strains? Am I out of my mind? :laughtwo:

Let me take a few hits and start that process. I'm hoping to have the new journal up and running by morning. Ooooo, I love this kind of stuff. Tight creative deadlines loaded with the need for heavy research. What fun.

I've been inspired to do more journals in this last week than I could start or manage right now. It's tough enough trying to be boss, husband, dad and 420'er. I'll get to it. I was thinking last night of doing a long term journal starting with one of these "from seed" strains and take cuts getting the product tested along the way to show the degradation of the genetics through the different generations. BEing ever showing and present in Canninoidal and Terpene %'s

I had a conversation with BlueJay today about our discussion of no-till LOS. Heres my take away from that:

First off, there are no studies to be found on microbial communities in containers, or at least none anyone has heard of.

On the idea of determining what your soil actually contains after years of dumping into them willy nilly, the answer is stop doing that.

The approach to a no-till requires you to leave behind the mindset that came out of NPK gardening. In no-till you need to determine the "whole food diet" for your soil. This begins with high-quality vermicompost, one of the keys to successful no-till.

Beyond that the soil needs a list of secondary trace elements and micro nutrients. Determine what you believe your soil will require (based on your intended crop) and begin to add the minimal amount of components designed to fill those requirements. Do this over time to see positive, negative or neutral results and adjust accordingly. Do this long enough and keep good enough records and you begin to build the basic list of additives to keep your soil community happiest.

How do you know if you're succeeding? Watch your plants. Become instinctive over time to your plants and your soil. Make small changes and track the results.

Bluejay has put years of study into this process and has come up with 8 additives that are necessary to continue successfully growing top-quality cannabis in no-till containers; vermicompost (preferably homegrown to your particular needs), Neem, Kelp, Aloe, SST, Coconut Water, Fulvic Acid and Silica. All were chosen inputs, included for specific and unique expected outcomes to complete the idea of a whole food diet. Those components also provide a long list of secondary benefits.

In his own words:

"Here's one way to approach soil. Soil might be composed of many (many) different species of soil dwelling life, organic matter, minerals, water, enzymes, roots (and their endless communications/exchanges within the soil) etc etc, but it interacts as a whole single living breathing entity. In that sense each container of soil is a single organism (made up of many...as our bodies are as well ) and should be approached as such, being 'fed' a nutrient rich whole food diet which by default covers all your bases, all your plants nutritional needs. "

He left me with this excellent quote;

"There is no wiser course in farming than the path of wholesome soil improvement." - Masanobu Fukuoka

I hope I gave you all more fuel for thought.

I did a kelp tea with TM-7 fulvic acid today, so I guess that was a good thing!

I did a kelp tea with TM-7 fulvic acid today, so I guess that was a good thing!

Yes it was Rad. Yes it was. :love:

I am ending this journal and starting up a brand new one to reflect the changes that have taken place. I invite you all to join the party over on the new journal, where we will continue our joyful exploration of living soils. :love:

The link is in my signature and here:

The Joy Of Growing - SweetSue Goes Perpetual

That was a tremendous amount of work and now I'm going to take a seat over at the new journal and catch a righteous buzz. Whew! :hookah:

What a haul Professor. You have enough there to grow a jungle!! Please do us all a favor and document the process on your journal. This is one preparation you almost never see. What a lucky man you are!

i will indeed ive to power wash them to blast all the meat out of them , the im hoping to mill it down to a grit :)

Seeds are soaking in a dilution of kelp meal.

image24888.jpg

Pots are all labeled, ready to go.

image24890.jpg

Big day tomorrow. I'm thinking I've made such a drastic change in what I'd originally intended with this grow that I should start a new journal to follow the perpetual garden.

What do you guys think?

yes get another journal , its very hard keep up with miss sweetsue lol, :):green_heart:

image24925.jpg

The Tiny Closet has been retired. See you in the new journal. I'll do a review for this thread in the next week so you can more easily reference it.

Thank you, one and all for the companionship and for joining me in the pursuit of furthering our understanding of living organic soil. I am honored to be counted as an equal among you.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Boy, you're quick Colorado High. Thanks so much. :love:

WoW Sue I love what I seen of your growing skills Flippin great work,,,me an Padmavati were in tears reading your plight with insurance companies and rough doctor's,,I hope that you wake an bake to a great day :thumb:
I still have a lot to catch up on I know I want to but it is finding the time :circle-of-love:so if you dont mind I would like to take a seat here

WoW Sue I love what I seen of your growing skills Flippin great work,,,me an Padmavati were in tears reading your plight with insurance companies and rough doctor's,,I hope that you wake an bake to a great day :thumb:
I still have a lot to catch up on I know I want to but it is finding the time :circle-of-love:so if you dont mind I would like to take a seat here

Welcome Jaga, but we've moved to the perpetual journal. It's the top one in my signature. The one about Joy (of course :laughtwo:). We'd love to have you and Padmavati join us. :circle-of-love:

Pretty awesome stuff you got going on here Sue. I'm subbed and watching. The girls look wonderful and looking forward to seeing your results.

Morning shadowmoses. Join us on the new thread, the perpetual one that's at the top of my signature list. Please, join us. :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom