Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL - LED

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

She's filling out beautifully.
I have to wonder what the yield will be.

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

looking great sue plant is so healthy ,:bravo:

i got my hand on this lot ( for free ) , i am going to turn it into crab meal for soil . living off the land and sea i am :)

P10701422.JPG
P10701431.JPG
P10701441.JPG
P10701451.JPG
P10701461.JPG

What a haul Professor. You have enough there to grow a jungle!! Please do us all a favor and document the process on your journal. This is one preparation you almost never see. What a lucky man you are!

She's filling out beautifully.
I have to wonder what the yield will be.

To be honest, I'm not expecting much from this one. She's my learning curve and I made two critical mistakes in the beginning, too cold in the closet when germinating the seed and waiting too long after harvest to plant. Ideally in a no-till you replant within a day of harvest to get the maximum benefit of the myco affiliated with the last root system.

The point of this approach isn't great yield, although I will learn to maximize the yield within the constraints of the environment. What we're shooting for here is continuous harvests of a variety of strains. I don't think I even bothered to check on how much yield Ziggy gets from his plants. I just knew this was the gardening paradigm I was meant to explore so I jumped right in.

Seeds get dropped this afternoon and planted tomorrow. I have so much to get done today it isn't even funny. Breakfast with Dale means home after lunch, so I should have enough time to pull it all off. I'm going to try to get things moved into the tent and set up a fan to keep air moving until the ventilation system gets here. Time to get the Devil into all that reflective wonder.

Tracking her progress.

One week ago.

image24432.jpg

Today.

image24860.jpg

She still has about four weeks to go. Yeah. :slide:

Bobrown posted some trichome shots today of a plant that is so encrusted you can't see green. :laughtwo: Loving that soil food web. Ain't evolution a kick? Here's the link so you can oooo and awwww with me.

Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

Thanks for the Aloe info Sue. I was actually going to look that up today.

I love the free flow of information and sharing of ideas without the goal of selling a product. And don't worry Sue, once you get a hang of it with photo plants, your yield will be much higher than it would be with chemicals or kits. Not to mention quality of the end product, you are on the right path Sue.

Keep looking at the science and keep reading. Most people here only care about stoner science, is refreshing to come to your thread and see actual discussion and read real articles. But then again, you aren't selling anything, so keeping things from people and avoiding certain subjects aren't beneficial to you.

Thanks Sue!

Here's a fun one. How to make an aloe vera "Pup Factory". Enjoy.

Im keeping my eyes open for an aloe vera plant. I liked the video. It will be my first houseplant in a while. I tend to kill them. :( Aloe vera is pretty kill resistant, right? And so useful for other things like burns and cloning. hehe.

Im keeping my eyes open for an aloe vera plant. I liked the video. It will be my first houseplant in a while. I tend to kill them. :( Aloe vera is pretty kill resistant, right? And so useful for other things like burns and cloning. hehe.

Any plant can be killed with enough neglect and creativity Sorenna. :laughtwo: I used to kill plants too. Initially they'd thrive and then I'd bore of it or life would get complicated. Something about fighting to keep your soulmate alive makes keeping house plants alive an incidental thing.

These are the first plants to fuel a passion in me. I'm hoping that means I won't revert at some point. I started my first journal just as Dale had unexpected open heart. I started this one as they unexpectedly amputated his leg. It surprised me that instead of neglecting the plants I focused more intently on them. Somehow I think I'll be ok. I killed Dale's Nepenthes collection this time. It appears daily watering really was necessary for life to continue. See why I'm so fond of the SWICK? :laughtwo::green_heart:

I like aloe vera plants. I remember in the 5th grade we had a teacher with a reward system, where she gave you 20 tickets at the first of grade period and at the end she had a table set up with prizes that you could buy with your tickets. If you had all of your tickets you could get really good prizes, like field trips.. or you could combine and get 2 lesser prizes, like an aloe vera plant. I usually had all my tickets left. :)

I used to live in deep south Texas and aloe vera grows big and practically wild in nearly every yard.

I like aloe vera plants. I remember in the 5th grade we had a teacher with a reward system, where she gave you 20 tickets at the first of grade period and at the end she had a table set up with prizes that you could buy with your tickets. If you had all of your tickets you could get really good prizes, like field trips.. or you could combine and get 2 lesser prizes, like an aloe vera plant. I usually had all my tickets left. :)

I used to live in deep south Texas and aloe vera grows big and practically wild in nearly every yard.

I used to live in West Texas. Tumbleweed everywhere. I moved there after spending my entire life in the lush Northeast. The first six months in Abilene I thought I'd moved to a backwoods hell. After I figured out I was getting in my way I began a love affair with the state and it's wonderful citizens. Haven't been back in over 35 years now. Wildflowers are blooming as we speak, turning the hills and plains into a carpet of riotous color and texture. Like Heaven on earth.

I still miss Texas. Abilene was were I learned to be me.

I was kinda like that when I first moved to S. Texas. Everywhere I went people spoke in Spanish. The grocery store, restaurants, the doctors office.. everywhere. It was a bit daunting at first. lol I acclimated pretty quickly and held 3 jobs working with the public. I even learned to count to 100 in spanish so I could count back change properly for a $100 bill. I guess I miss Texas a little too. :blushsmile:

Home early today. Seeds to prepare for an overnight soak in diluted kelp. Tent to get set up. The ventilation system hasn't been ordered yet, so I need to get a decent oscillating fan before I put anything in there.

I went to look in the tent and top off the SWICK, since I had to dash out earlier. Look what I found. :laughtwo:

image24884.jpg

The neem seed meal top dress on the LOS pots stimulated my biota. Ok. Living soil here. :woohoo:

image24885.jpg

Doing a little dance of joy. :slide:

:laughtwo::green_heart:

Do you leave it like that when you plant the seed or do you mix it in to the pot a little, breaking it up?

Do you leave it like that when you plant the seed or do you mix it in to the pot a little, breaking it up?

You just leave it. Eventually it will be digested into the soil. That's what's happening here. I need to mulch these little pots. One of my chores for this afternoon.

Final preparations for planting are underway. I've already top dressed the LOS pots with neem seed meal. On top of that goes a layer of Worm Power vermicompost. Small pots like these only require a light layer.

image24886.jpg

In my opinion a living mulch is an overstretch here. Instead I opted for some finely chopped straw to protect the upper soil zone.

image24887.jpg

Now, for the seeds.

Seeds are soaking in a dilution of kelp meal.

image24888.jpg

Pots are all labeled, ready to go.

image24890.jpg

Big day tomorrow. I'm thinking I've made such a drastic change in what I'd originally intended with this grow that I should start a new journal to follow the perpetual garden.

What do you guys think?

Nice bundle of strains there :) :thumb: Iv some Kalanush. Auto too, to try out, im intrested in seeing this grow. Im also staring to reuse soil / make composts and likes. Gona have to try a soil recipe of urs sometime iv i have the right ingredience. I like the idea of adding someting like Bat Guano to soil when reusing and then it releaces when watering, makes things easy :)

Nice bundle of strains there :) :thumb: Iv some Kalanush. Auto too, to try out, im intrested in seeing this grow. Im also staring to reuse soil / make composts and likes. Gona have to try a soil recipe of urs sometime iv i have the right ingredience. I like the idea of adding someting like Bat Guano to soil when reusing and then it releaces when watering, makes things easy :)

I had to smile as I read that indochronic, because I chose my soil recipe precisely because it didn't use bat guano. I had problems with the ecological disruption taking place to harvest the guano. In my search for an alternative to guanos I stumbled upon this recipe by Clackamas Coot that has become a gold standard for cannabis no-till cultivation. What a fortuitous course of events. I have a hard-working guardian angel who went above and beyond by leading me to Mr. Coot. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom