Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

re: Cottage 420's 2015 Organic Grow With LOS & Kristalica - Sleestack x Skunk1

A quick update - I took a few pics while sitting in front of the ladies hanging out with them just soaking up the vibe & smells & the goodness, listening and watching the ladies dancing about in the sunlight! That's a massive main cola @ 28" from the base and getting there big around as my arm and growing... VERY sweet smell of mango in the room and cheese when you get close.

WP_20150428_010.jpg

Frost warnings are up :cheer::thumb:

WP_20150428_0021.jpg

Hey there Ranger welcome to my crazy little world ....

Just in time for a little update. I've been watering with SST's of late. Mung bean sprouts and I also did an SST with Alfalfa sprouts. I don't do to much Alfalfa sprout tea in flower but I've got plants in veg.

To summarize where I'm at:
Big girls - 124 days from seed pop @ 64 days of flower 12/12
One of the ladies is in senescence - she's the one in the smallest container, the rest of the ladies are growing great. I will be checking the color of my trichomes some time today. I've got some orange pistols but mostly all are white and they are still putting out white hairs so they are not ready but the buds are frosty for sure.

Here's the girl that thinks it's fall and all the fan leaves are loosing color:
WP_20150502_010.jpg

WP_20150502_009.jpg

This is my first Auto plant - Dark Devil Auto - she looks to be getting reddish black in the center:

WP_20150502_008.jpg

WP_20150502_007.jpg

WP_20150502_006.jpg

here's some more of the Dark Devil - I'm growing Alfalfa as a companion crop they seem to be enjoying each others company.

WP_20150502_005.jpg
WP_20150502_004_1_.jpg

I've been getting away from taking pink pictures or pics under LED grow lighting but here's a group shot. There are 4 Krystalica 64 days of flower, 2 Blue Thai @ 10 days of flower, 1 Kali-AK @ 7 days of flower, 1 Delahaze 5 days in flower. Look in the back left side of the tent and there's a main cola @ 18" tall easy and about as big around as my forearm!!
Group shot:

WP_20150502_011.jpg

I'll accept and appreciate a pink picture if it's a lush group photo like that one !

I see the road and houses in the background and wonder "What will the neighbor's think?"

But the thought passes, because I am here to see the girls grow :thumb:

Shhhhh not 'spose to notice that!! My neighbors have their own thing going!! Yeah if they knew I'd probably be getting some break ins. Good thing I got me a mean as hell Pit Bull.... errrr Shar-Pei to keep an eye out.

We happen to have our very own neighborhood canna dealer - they've been doing that for a LONG time, I've been here 15 years and they were at it when we moved in. The thing I worry about is them finding me, not the police per se as they worry more about gun violence than hippy's with cannabis. They know we are a calm peaceful lot, eh?

I'm not the only grower in the neighborhood either - we know what to look for so taking a walk with the dog after dark reveals a lot if you know what to look for. Why I'm lights out before dark!! Pretty easy really just look for crazy gardeners and they probably have an indoor garden.

You're not paranoid if they "really" are out to get you!! hahaha wow. ^^ I'm not paranoid am I??

Not at all BB. :laughtwo: WOW! Do you know how to grow pretty plants. I'm in awe. I can only aspire BB. :love:

Shhhhh not 'spose to notice that!! My neighbors have their own thing going!! Yeah if they knew I'd probably be getting some break ins. Good thing I got me a mean as hell Pit Bull.... errrr Shar-Pei to keep an eye out.

We happen to have our very own neighborhood canna dealer - they've been doing that for a LONG time, I've been here 15 years and they were at it when we moved in. The thing I worry about is them finding me, not the police per se as they worry more about gun violence than hippy's with cannabis. They know we are a calm peaceful lot, eh?

I'm not the only grower in the neighborhood either - we know what to look for so taking a walk with the dog after dark reveals a lot if you know what to look for. Why I'm lights out before dark!! Pretty easy really just look for crazy gardeners and they probably have an indoor garden.

You're not paranoid if they "really" are out to get you!! hahaha wow. ^^ I'm not paranoid am I??

My "over the fence" neighbor grows. Two of the guys at the Hardware store grow. They THINK I grow, they KNOW I buy home improvemnt paint hardware :)
I honestly think there is at least one grower per block over the entire town! Our black market has low, low prices and is 80% medical grade.

Pretty nice when your grow gets delayed :)

Quick flip through the Journal and I must say I will have to sub to this and so much to uptake.

Your thoughts on Fabric pots and living soil?

Quick flip through the Journal and I must say I will have to sub to this and so much to uptake.

thanks for dropping in SBG :welcome:

Your thoughts on Fabric pots and living soil?

Yes fabric pots are the way to go, I bought some way back when I thought 5gal was enough. If I was going to get some or make some I'd go 10-15gal. They get heavy at 10gal and hard to move. SweetSue has a nice write up on SWICK with fabric pots and that looks intriguing. My grow room is vertically challenged so I'm not there with the swick YET but today temps in the low 90s and my girls were pretty upset not used to the heat and it was a no water day and they were drooping which is WAY bad. That's stress not good for late flower.

So after seeing my sad drooping ladies today, I'm thinking seriously about Swick and fabric pots. My wife likes to sew (and sow) so I may employ her help for the next round and just bite the bullet.

The issues with 10-15gal no-til are weight - I like to clean the grow room out from time to time - cleanliness next to Godliness - not that I live by that but in the grow room I like to keep things as clean as I can. After a run is finished the floor is a mess and I'm fairly neat. It's dirt after all... don't need to create a heaven for critters!! Living in a city we have our fair share of little critters, so no need to promote - why I don't grow in the basement.

Update day 69 in flower - this strain Krystalica from the Medala website says its a 65-72 day strain. I've got one plant that's been in senescence for a week or so, probably cause Its in a 5 gal container. The rest of the ladies are in 7-10 gal containers and are just starting senescence (burning off the shade leaves for stored nutrients to build bigger buds@!@@ woohoo). I took trichome pics today but my better half was writing home to mom so I will post those pics tomorrow.

Here's the buds at the end of the day today at lights out. The bright light is the sun shining on the grow sorry for the over exposure there new camera in transit.

WP_20150508_006.jpg

WP_20150508_0051.jpg

This is the plant the furthest along in senescence - all these plants do not have a very strong smell (outside the grow room) - last few runs for me were skunk so that's a pleasant change for stealth this time of year.
Anywho.. you can see the yellowing of all the leaves and its totally even, the plant is eating itself literally from the outside in. I will look closely at the trichome pics and post then and it's very close for me to call it a day for this one and get out the knife! mmmmm smells like danky skanky fruit .. we are almost there!! Tric pics to follow~!

WP_20150508_004.jpg

WP_20150508_002.jpg

Yes fabric pots are the way to go, I bought some way back when I thought 5gal was enough. If I was going to get some or make some I'd go 10-15gal. They get heavy at 10gal and hard to move. SweetSue has a nice write up on SWICK with fabric pots and that looks intriguing. My grow room is vertically challenged so I'm not there with the swick YET but today temps in the low 90s and my girls were pretty upset not used to the heat and it was a no water day and they were drooping which is WAY bad. That's stress not good for late flower.

So after seeing my sad drooping ladies today, I'm thinking seriously about Swick and fabric pots. My wife likes to sew (and sow) so I may employ her help for the next round and just bite the bullet.

The issues with 10-15gal no-til are weight - I like to clean the grow room out from time to time - cleanliness next to Godliness - not that I live by that but in the grow room I like to keep things as clean as I can. After a run is finished the floor is a mess and I'm fairly neat. It's dirt after all... don't need to create a heaven for critters!! Living in a city we have our fair share of little critters, so no need to promote - why I don't grow in the basement.

BB, I'm setting up a shallow SWICK in the next part of my grow. It requires more careful water applications and will likely require more than once a day, but they're SWICKing beautifully. It might be something you'd want to consider in a vertically challenging space.

Getting close to harvest. How exciting. WooHoo!!!

Here's the frosty white trichome pics - all cloudy. So ready to chop at any time really but I'm gonna let them go maybe chop the only lady that's stopped water uptake. I want the buds as heavy as I can get them to be. That's some might frosty buds, I cant see any green at all just all white frost!! nice, I'm excited to try some of this. They smell sweetly pungent with a touch of dank.

trichomes_4_05_09_2015.jpg
trichomes_3_05_09_2015.jpg
trichomes_2_05_09_2015.jpg
trichomes_1_05_09_2015.jpg

Ooooo. Sweet BB. A nice head high, my favorite kind. And you say the soil did all that? LOL! Let's just keep wowing them with results BB. Incredible trichome coverage. Can't wait to hear your smoke report on this one. Mmmmmm.

Right on SS - I'm getting excited. I've got a few different strains running now with the Krystalica about to finish. Advertised to be 18-20% THC and my plants look exactly like they look on the Mandala Seeds website so I expect to get that! I don't think I've ever smoked a Sativa or maybe any canna with that much THC content. I'd love to have it tested. Just looking at the trichome pics with the leaves completely covered in white frost is very exciting. This strain was extremely easy to grow too. 60-65 days of flower the description was spot on. I've got a few clones going already so if this smokes nice I'll run it some more.

I've got a Blue Thai plant going and she is absolutely beautiful. Getting blue and the buds are packing on at 30 days in flower which is even better than the Krystalica. Basically since I messed up with my last grow and lost my clone and seedlings I was trying to keep that strain going but ah well easy come easy go. My last strain that I ran for 3 runs I could smell it down the street at the next corner if I left the windows open very much Skunk x Blueberry. I don't have that issue anymore so I'm kinda glad for that. Anyway back to the Blue Thai she's going to be one really nice plant. I will take some cuttings of her tomorrow and take a few pics now that I have a new camera. So more to come ... I will hopefully be in a perpetual mode here for the next 2 months with harvests every 3-4 weeks. Then I will call it a day, go to our cottage420 in Canada and toker easy for the holiday and start all over again.

I've got a few more pics of my flowering room and my veg room with the auto seedlings and the Dark Devil

Here's a group shot:

DSCN000811.JPG

DSCN00159.JPG

DSCN00159.JPG

DSCN001411.JPG

Here's the Blue Thai catching up to the Krystalica ladies. She's only 30 days in flower and has some nice colas stacking up and looks really good. The older ladies are about done, trichomes all cloudy and starting senescence (yellow falling off leaves) which is to be expected ...

DSCN001210.JPG

DSCN001112.JPG

Here's the Autos - 2 seedlings of Dark Devil and my first try at autos another Dark Devil thats much farther along:

DSCN00219.JPG

DSCN00229.JPG

DSCN00236.JPG

DSCN00247.JPG

DSCN00257.JPG

DSCN002014.JPG
DSCN001912.JPG

Close ups of the ladies finishing up:
Blue Thai close up
DSCN001813.JPG

Krystalica close up
DSCN001711.JPG

DSCN001013.JPG

Most excellent - one and all! :bravo:

Thanks Rad ain't that some goodn's?? I really like that pic thanks for pointing that one out to me!!.:thumb: I chopped one of the ladies that was in a smallish 5gal pot - she was done. I'm just doing straight up water right now all trichomes are cloudy no amber, there may not be any amber on these so not going to wait. I'm just watering them until I don't see any more new white pistols shooting out. It's close. I love this time of the grow - all the nice bud pics and smells, the flowering tent is starting to smell really sweet and pungent.

The plant that I chopped I have hanging in the closet. Took a few pics and felt the buds. They are completely SOAKED in resin. I'm wondering how long it will take to dry. The leaves are still really fresh after 2 days hanging and resin is wow very very very sticky.

bud pics:

Here's my little lady in the drying closet!! I felt bad for about 5 seconds before I chopped!

drying_twin_2_day_2_in_closet.jpg

DSCN005510.JPG

Blue Thai up close, yummy
DSCN00519.JPG

Krystalica lower buds

DSCN005015.JPG
DSCN004912.JPG
DSCN004812.JPG

Another Krystalica main cola about 1/2 way up this one is massive too, keepin it green!!
DSCN00479.JPG

DSCN00468.JPG

Blue Thai - she really looks good for another 30 days to flower
DSCN001211.JPG

BB....... Whoa! That first picture is the Dark Devil? Oh yeah! Mine's not going to be as big as yours, what with your lights outpacing mine and my 11/13 schedule, but she's every bit as lovely. Your garden is so luscious. The Blue Thai is breathtakingly beautiful. I need to begin kelp foliars with my next batch.

When doing foliars, at what point in development do you discontinue them?

I like the way you hang them upside down as a whole plant. That's actually the way my mother dried a plant someone cut down and gave her once years ago. In my gardener's brain, this makes better sense than dicing them up, but maybe that's because I always dried herbs like that, with as much attachment as possible until reasonably dried. What's your reasoning on that?

The only concern I would have is the impossibility of washing it at harvest. I know mine will have gnats stuck in there.

I look at your pictures and wonder why more growers aren't using living organic soil mixes. Look at them! On a scale of 1-10, how difficult were they to grow, to this point?

Back
Top Bottom