Back With a Vengeance Stully's Secong Grow, Interactive

stully

Guess who's back.. Guess who's back.. Stully's back. To all my friends, I haven't forgotten you. I am all settled in to the new place, got the electric bill figured out(remember, I didn't want to start a new grow, till I figure my normal electric cost). I will be cleaning the garage out tomorrow in preparation for the first grow of 2010. I am going to do this grow a little different. I am going to do an interactive grow. I want my friends to decide what gets done. I am going to narrow the strains down to five and we will take a vote. The medium will have to be soil, but the type is up to my friends. I am only able to use a 400 watt HPS improved spectrum, but the light schedule will be up for vote. The nutes will be up for vote, but I am broke, so be nice. I was thinking bout going with FFOF for the first few weeks, and then feeding with a chicken poop tea for the grow phase. I got chickens coming, so this will be readily available. I'm kinda a permaculture/organic freak now. So I was hoping to go as natural as possible. As of right now, I would like to take suggestions as far as strains go. Remember, i am broke, so be considerate, also, if any of my friends want to donate some seeds to this grow, PM me. Not sure if that was legal to say, but you guys know me well enough to know that, well you know. I would really like to get into some white widow or some cali orange or maybe even some NL, but it is up to the community. So first steps first, I need some suggestions. Top five suggestions will be put to poll and we will go from there. In the mean time, I will get everything set up and ready to go. Trust me it will take a while.

I had wondered friend, what you had going
Hoping it's good, but not really knowing
You ask for advice on style to be growing
The next great bagseed bomb you'll be sowing

I have some advice on media to grow
Stuff that I use is coir, made from coco
Explosive growth with a big fine show
Cheap and easy like McDonalds to go

Gator man good to see you big brother, sorry for the long absence. Missed this place. Great suggestion, I was considering coco type stuff on my clone grow that had to be cut short. Definite possibility. Being as though it is still pretty darn cold in my neck of the woods, do you think I would have a hard time keeping temps ok in the coco? I guess it wouldn't be any different than keeping soil temps up?

Ok, seems like coco is taking an early lead. We haven't gotten any strain ideas, so maybe we'll have to break out the stash of bomb bag weed seeds. Save me some money anyways. I was planning on going out and cleaning the garage out today so I could get the cabinet set-up and ready to go, but it's like a freakin monsoon. So hopefully I can get some work done tomorrow. By the way, looking into this coco more, are we talking like a boss grow block, or or we talking about a bag of coir fiber? Not sure if I like the prices yet. I don't have a ton of cash flow right now.

High Tech Garden Supply carries the Sun Leaves brand, and it is the one I use. For sprouting seeds I use the fine coir. For established root systems I use half piece coir and half fine coir. Plants love the chunky texture of the piece coir.I rinse coco, and perlite isn't needed but won't hurt either. :peace:

Great, I like the idea of the roots getting plenty of oxygen. I also like the idea it is PH balanced(better than rockwool). With coco, do I have to supply nutes from the beginning? With the soil, I let it go for a while before feeding, but I imagine with the coco, there is no nutrient content to carry the seedlings for any amount of time.

I water my flower girls twice a day. Always with mixed pH 5.9 nutes. Always too much by 10% or a little more. Coco is a hydroponic medium. Don't get scared of that word.

stully, Propa Gator grows a lil' different than I do. He's your friend so I'll but out and just try to stifle myself and watch. :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom