My First Grow With Bubbles!

LOL, Thats funny about being polish!!

MAn like i ssaid to Mike, im not sure what it is. I truly think it is the hygrozyme. Like you, when i added floraliscious and florablend especially, it made this problem. But im wondering if it was because of the hygrozyme too.

I had hygozyme and water in the res's only when i changed them. Before that, there was no hygrozyme for like a week, and i had no problems. 1day after adding the nutes to the water and hygro, i noticed this.

When i do a change out tonight, Im going to add about half strength nutes to just water. No hygro, no floraliscious and no blend. This is what ill be adding to about 3.5 gal water:

Flora Grow- 25 ml
FloraMicro- 15 ml
FloraBloom- 10 ml
Cal-Max- 10ml

I might tweak it a little or not depending on the ppm. Im looking for around 5-600. They are currently at about 320. Been there for 2 days. Things are starting to come up actually.

I didnt want to add a bunch more nutes just yet, but i am starting to yellow on older growth, its getting to my monsters even. They are coming back now, just dealing with the yellow older growth and root crap. The big boys are really growing well now.

VapedOut>>> My water was about 3 inches below the cups before all this downward growth. When i realized that i may have pulled the feeders too early, i raised the water level to about an inch from the cups. Since the raise, they are getting better and developing more roots along the sides of the cups. Even growing up a little rather than down!!! Im kinda scared cuz i dont want any bs to grow because of it. I thought i mighta had root rot, but the roots arent mooshy, thaey are just stained from the floraliscious and have the debree on them.

Oh almost forgaot, My res temps have been good. Never in the danger zone except for 1 time at 74 F for about 4 hours. The tanks are currently at 69-71 F.

Sounds good man!

SG

Alright so heres what i was talking about on the roots, Algae?

DSC003515.JPG

DSC003526.JPG

This is what was in the bucket when i sprayed them off and changed the Other buckets.

DSC003545.JPG

DSC003566.JPG

DSC003613.JPG

After the Res changes

DSC003673.JPG

DSC003683.JPG

I bent it over

DSC003641.JPG

My res Temps are 70 F, My Ph is 5.9-6.0, PPM @ 585-635

Has anyone ever had roots look like this?:smokin:

I get the same crap in the bottom of PK's tank and i havent changed her res in 3 weeks. You gotta allow the hygrozyme a few days to do its magic. At first it will look like the roots are browning but that is the zyme eating away dead root mass. After the initial browning a few days later they will whiten up and your root growth will start to swell. This MAY NOT be the situation in your tanks but it is exactly what happened in mine when i first started using the zyme and now theyre healthier than ever. Just have faith in the zyme, Its priced ridiculous for a reason . . It really works. Hope this eases your mind a little bit man. BTW im using the same EXACT nutes plus liquid karma every res change and hygrozyme. if your using enough zyme none of those should be giving you problems. How much are you mixing in??

Hey Mike, so you dont think that what was on the roots, or airtstone, or in the bucket is algea?

Its funny you say that about the hygrozyme, because at the very bottom of some of theose brown root masses, there are s few brite white shoots that are beggining.

I was using 10ml for 3-4 gallons water in my tanks.

In your opinion, is that crap ok, should i let it bang for a while if i see it again? Like i said, i usually dont see this until a day or two after i add the zyme.:thanks:

If your seeing new white roots at the bottom of the mess then i would wait it out, that shows the zyme is doing its thing. My roots turned very brown the first few days of the Zyme but did the same thing, started shoing white tips. How is the effected plant looking? Still droopy? extra droopy? if the plant is looking better even with some brown roots but white tips, it should be fine. again im no pro by any means, but this are what i noted with my plants that did the same thing.

If your seeing new white roots at the bottom of the mess then i would wait it out, that shows the zyme is doing its thing. My roots turned very brown the first few days of the Zyme but did the same thing, started shoing white tips. How is the effected plant looking? Still droopy? extra droopy? if the plant is looking better even with some brown roots but white tips, it should be fine. again im no pro by any means, but this are what i noted with my plants that did the same thing.

Hmmm I think it looks alright if it is stained its not going to really change I mean my roots are staind from my flora nova and Dark Energy and maybe even the liquid karma but the stuff on the bottom I dunno. Reason I am unsure.

SG

Hey mike, How bot this, i'll take a picture of the inside of my PK res so you can really see how much of that crap is in there and if u want i will post it here. I promise you all that isnt even half as muich as whats sitting in the bottom of mine. I feel more damage comes from changing things often and since the sediment isnt hurting my plants, im not changing anything. it seems like my ladies like consistancy.

Yo Mike, That would be very cool if you would post pics of your roots and res.

I would have something to relate to so that way i quite racking my nuts on what is causing it.

Ill post a few pics tonight. Things are looking better. There was an explosion of growth overnight. Maybe the addition of more nutes, air bath, not sure but its good. Ill find that plant with the new white roots through the brown ones, post a pic.

Thanks bro.:rollit:

Well i hate to say it man but i couldnt get a good picture of the muck lastnight, Powerkush is just getting too heavy to move these days. She's so top heavy every time i have to remove the lid she wants to topple over and pull the netpot right up out of the lid. I almost lost her yesterday trying to move her by myself so i wont be doing much with her unless i have to until she is done. But to give you a visual, theres is that sediment covering almost the entire bottom of her res. Roots are still doing very well and the buds are getting fatter everytime i check on them. Although your water looks dirty, as long as it doesnt smell bad, and the plant is showing new leaf/root growth dont worry about it

Plants seem to be coming back nicely.

I might have gave them a little too big of a meal. The ends of the tips on some are yellowed, and curled down. Just the very tips. Dont think it is too big of a deal.

I replaced a gallon of nute solution with just ph water. Trying to find out where their threshold is. Im tryin g to stop the lower leaf yellowing with a little "JUICE". There PPM is sitting at 585. They were at 750. Hope they like this a little better. Post a few pics later on!!!:bongrip:

i feel the same way with my grow bein new and having no exp. doesnt help but i am looking at some good plants comintogether quite nicely..crazy is as crazy does :) . good luck ill keep watchin .

:grinjoint:Thanks to everyones help, my plants have come back! Only there is a slight new issue, lol. Slight leaf tip curl down and a very small number are yellowed(the tips).

I really just want to know if it will grow into the nutes i added, or should i completely drain it again, and replace with new nutes at a lower PPM? I only incresed the PPMs by about 250 yesterday, and by this afternoon, this is what i observed.

I already removed about 150 ppm from each bucket. PPMs @ around 550 now. Still only using the 3 part Flora, calmax, and zyme.

:rollit:This flora 3 part is getting very frustating to use. Despite the feeding charts provided by my iphone GH app, its very hard to determine how much nutes to add. If i were to be feeding on schedule, my plants would be fried!!!

I feel like it is always something with this grow.

DSC003882.JPG

Here is a better look at the bent down tips.

DSC003992.JPG

Top views

DSC003764.JPG

DSC003773.JPG

Heres my white widows for the gauntlet!!!! LOL ( The one on the right is having some technical difficulties, hopeing it will grow out of it). I havnt messed with the bubbletub's solution for over a week because of the rediculous growth my Jack plant has shown.

DSC003974.JPG

Last but not least, My BENDER!!!!!!

DSC003931.JPG

Overall things are looking 100% better. Just these damn tips man! Maybe its nute sensitive, who knows.

So please tell me, AM I TRIPPIN AGAIN!:cool:

Nice man` those tiny bit of yellow tips I have learned that it is jus a lil of the burn but most of the ti e the plant just is eating it up, it comes and goes really , told ya man its like a roller coaster! Keep it going!!!

SG

Thanks SG!!!
:grinjoint:
I was getting nutty again, lol. They really do look a lot better now. the roots are incredibly developed on most plants now. I kept with the zyme and it really does pay off like MikeHunt said. Glad that you, and all the other Deep Water Culture are here to support me when i have issues.:grinjoint:

On another note, That dang Jack Herrer plant looks incredible right about now. That is what i was looking for when inspired to grow. I got cought up in growing " DaPurps" instead. Hopefully it actually turns purps.lol. Ill have to post a picture of that beauty.:grinjoint:

That Jack lookls great! Congrats. I sure would like to try to grow one. Great job, just remember to let them do thier own thing. With issues, I've found it takes about 2-3 days to see some result for most issues like leaf burn. So make a change see what happens and try to stay calm. We are all here sticking together for one common goal. Just typing this reminds me to stay calm too! lol.

Back
Top Bottom