My first grow.

hey everyone long time no talk !. i was away for about 4 days. i was at the hospital. one of my friends mothers got heart surgery thankfully she is doing great. but in those 4 days. 2 of my plants died. and alot more seem to be following i am gunna upload some pics. right now i hope some one can tell me whats wrong with them.

034646.jpg

034531.jpg

034553.jpg

034509.jpg

034643.jpg

heres some of the other plants for the most part. 2 have been tossed sence these were taken. most the good quality pics were taken last week. when i got back. things have gotten worse sence then but i have not had a cam or time to take pics.

DSC009601.JPG

DSC009591.JPG

DSC009582.JPG

DSC009521.JPG

2 more pics sets coming up.

Hi rapmstr

One or two of your plants look ok/healthy, however the others dont look to good. I am also a first time grower, so Im no expert. I decided to only grow the one plant so I could focus on getting that right.

I am using a fairly basic setup like yours with a small fan to circulate air around. I noticed on a picture you havnt got a shield on your fan. I wouldnt leave it like that personally. I could also see a fair bit of dust collecting on the fan, some of this will be circulating your grow area, not good for the plants health. I generally try and keep any dust/dirt from entering the grow area.

The containers you transplanted into, have they got plenty of holes in the bottom for drainage??
Also check that your lights arnt too close to the tops of your leaves, this could be causing some of the damage.

If you arnt over watering or over feeding with nutes, then try check temperatures of the area and pH of the run-off water.

If any of this info isnt right, anyone please feel free to correct me.

Best of luck with your grow, i'll try stay tuned to help out.

:peace:

i try to vacuum the area every week or so. and i will start cleaning the fan also. thanks for the advice i will keep you updated.

i got them on 12/12 cycle 100% darkness. how long before i see any activity. they already grew some more pretty quick. its been about a week. 0r 2 i cant remember lol

man that is a bummer man, but don't get down now. start new seeds!!!
it'll be the best way to cover your loss.

i haven't read of or experienced any problems with dirt and dust blowing other than it getting in the pistols and messin up my pix. ;) i use 5 fans and a blower so my 1kw doesn't fry the ladiez and after the 1st day of watering the top 1-2" drys and the dirt blows.

i dunno if it was for the shot but some of the pix looked like the are growing right up on the wall. gonna need to fix that so you can get light to the leaves.

also are you l.s.t.'n your plants? if so did you rip someone's hair out to tie em down? LOL yarn right? be carefull, if the fibers spread apart enough they will start cutting you plant and could wrap in a bud makin your smoke have a weird taste later that curing wont fix. old shoelace's work if theres nuthin else handy.

how were the plants before the surgery you went to for 4 days? i see how they are now. did you leave the lights going, with the enclosure enclosed? turn the ac/heat off for the trip? have a friend watch them?

as far as sexing goes it's like 7-14 days from when 12/12 starts. 10 days is when i usually start pulling the males. females a little longer sometimes.

good luck doctoring them up, if that don't work for you, keep planting seeds till it does. no pain no gain right? :peace:

No one watched them. i kind of had to rush out the door. the fan was on. the heat in the house does everything itself. the lights were off the entire 4 days =X live in learn. thats why i used bag seed as my first project. just to expirement and get the hang of things :p

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom