My first grow.

Sorry i haven't updated i have been getting a lot of projects around the home done and had to get some new batteries for the camera i will upload some new pics later or tomorrow.

--Rapmstr

see lol

DSCF4683.JPG

DSCF4684.JPG

so any reason to why these are so special lmao.

DSCF4682.JPG

DSCF4680.JPG

DSCF4681.JPG

DSCF4679.JPG

DSCF4678.JPG

DSCF4677.JPG

Greetings Rapmstr882.

I'm wondering what kind of soil or grow medium you are using now that you've transplanted?

Twisting like that is an indicator of PH problems.

Are you using any nutrients yet? Some of them don't appear to be getting the proper nutrients, either due to the PH being out of range or a lack of nutrients (or both).

You need to consider some nutes and a PH meter (or soil test kit / ph strips) to take your grow to the next level.

:peace:

Harry

hey harry. the two that are twisting. i might just get rid of. all my plants are fed the same time of day. with the same stuff. and the rest seem to be doing fine. if it was a ph problem would it affect all plants? i do have ph strips just have no idea how to use them. or what ph i am looking for for my plants. anyone wanna shed some light on this for me?

i have a simple home testing kit, i add my water first, then nutes, and then test, they say , it should be between 5.6 and 6.3 , i always keep mine at 6 ish, in between...
you can get digital kits too which are less time consuming, although it only takes me 2 mins...

hey harry. the two that are twisting. i might just get rid of. all my plants are fed the same time of day. with the same stuff. and the rest seem to be doing fine. if it was a ph problem would it affect all plants? i do have ph strips just have no idea how to use them. or what ph i am looking for for my plants. anyone wanna shed some light on this for me?
Well, each plant really needs to be looked at on an individual basis. It may be that all of your plants have PH issues and just a couple are starting to show signs.

You need to note the PH of the H2O, water the plant with that H2O only, and test the first few ounces of runoff water. Make sure the runoff is caught in a clean and uncontaminated catch tray, so your readings aren't tainted.

If the PH is between 5.9-6.5 (adjusting for the PH of the water you started with), you're good and you know what your soil's true PH level is. If the PH goes way below 6.0 or above 7.0 then certain nutrients can't be absorbed properly. MJ tends to like acidic medium and some strains can handle PH levels down to 5.6 or 5.7, as englishgrower says. Hydroponic growers tend to grow a little more on the acidic side than do soil growers.

Adding nutrients to the water can vary the PH level dramatically, so you need to check the PH after you add nutes as well. Some people use PH up/down to adjust and others use combinations of nutes to get to the desired PH level.

I use Sphagnum moss and worm casting as a grow medium so my soil PH levels run low. I also use Foxfarms GB, TB & BB which all lower the PH of the water dramatically. I use powdered dolomite lime as a soil additive to keep my PH levels up.

It would be helpful to know the exact grow medium (brand name/ratios) you are using and the brand of nutes (including the NPK ratings).

Experiment with the twisty ones and try to get the PH in range and nutes right before you toss them. The experience you gain will benefit you down the road, when tossing your problem plants really isn't an option. ;)

Harry

would distilled bottle water be better for them than tap water. im gunna need to do some serious testing this week. you got me paranoid.

Yes, using distilled water would be better. The PH levels will probably be more consistently neutral (7.0) and it would contain no chlorine. I use tap water but I let it sit uncovered, bubbling or stirring occasionally, for 24-48 hours so all the chlorine has a chance to evaporate. The last bucket of tap water I ran had a PH of 7.6 and after adding nutes, it dropped to 4.9, so you see how it can vary..

What is exact grow medium (brand name/ratios) you are using and the brand of nutes you are using (including the NPK ratings)?

Harry

I got some soil from a friend of mine, if you look back a few pages you can see a pic of his plant i uploaded. i will get the details on the soil when i can. i do know it has ferts in it. But i mixxed it with a bag of.

221212.jpg

221230.jpg

as far as nutes go. i am using. none. cant afford em. not even joking. im lucky if i can pick up some Ramen noodles at this point in time lol...... Mmmmm ramen

I got some soil from a friend of mine, if you look back a few pages you can see a pic of his plant i uploaded. i will get the details on the soil when i can. i do know it has ferts in it.
Yes, I saw that and more details on the grow medium that was in there would be helpful.

But i mixed it with a bag of /MG Sphagnum/

as far as nutes go. i am using. none. cant afford em.
MG Sphagnum is an good ingredient to include in your grow medium and as Erk says, it does contain starter nutes, but they don't last very long.

Suggesting that you dig up a few dollars to spend on ferts, while monitoring your PH levels, is the best advice I can offer. Otherwise, your plants will not reach their potential. Just like any other living thing you raise, you gotta feed 'em when they're hungry. :)

++ Luck!!

Harry

so heres a few pics of the new dresser room so far.

031250.jpg

025142.jpg

031214.jpg

as you can see very few light leaks. 2 morrow i will add the fan and such.

Back
Top Bottom