My First New Grow Journal, Just Starting

just starting

I started growing in 2017 so I am not a new grower but not very experienced either. I have always wondered what would be the better lighting system HPS VS LED. I just germinated 10 Purple haze seeds and in two weeks will germinate 10 California dream seeds, so lets start a new chapter on my first grow. Started the grow 3/7/22

1) Purple Haze seeds from 420.
2) Sativa strain.
3) THC average 16.5 % high end 20.0%.
4) Germinated seeds in 1/2 qt of warm water for 24 hours.
5) Soil- Fox Farm.
6) germinated plants under- 200watt LED for one week.
7) Week two- place under full lighting one 600 watt HPS and one 400 watt Roleadro COB LED light.
8) I will transplant them to bigger pots as needed with out adding any Nuts.

Once the plants have grown a little I will add the rest of my lights. Two more 400 watt LED to cover the bigger space they will need to mature. Here are pics from earlier grows. plus the germinated purple Haze seeds.

DSCN0948.JPG

DSCN0922.JPG

DSCN0924.JPG

DSCN0925.JPG

DSCN0915.JPG

Well it has been about nine days since I started my purple haze plants they are growing like weeds ( no pun intended ). I do have pictures of them but for some reason they will not load so I will have to wait until they can I attach the file and it stops at 10% and wont load any further. Someone said I should try something called candy bud. Has anyone ever used this? I am trying to get my finished buds a little tighter and they said to try this.

Well today the pictures were able to load so here is the pictures from when I started about nine days ago and what they are at present. This is purple haze. I did already trim the middle branch and it is already growing.

DSCN0948.JPG

DSCN0952.JPG

DSCN0953.JPG

This is a picture of my purple haze just over three weeks old. I still have them in my closet due to the colder weather here. I should be able to put them in my garage in about two weeks. I also have a picture of my California dream seeds I just started. I did transplant them into bigger pots a week ago and just before I flip them to flower time, I will put them in a three-gallon pot.

DSCN0984.JPG

DSCN0983.JPG

Well, I am going to try something different today. I am going to build a 4X8 flood watering table. I will use a 4X8 marine plywood,1X6 sides and 1X1 6-inch legs. Once it is built, I will caulk all the sides and seal it by rolling on water proofing seal on every part of it. Then once it dries, I will lay plastic down (to keep it clean) and put the plants in the table with my lights overhead. All of my pots have good size holes in them with coffee filters inside to keep all the soil in the pot and will still allow the water to absorb from the bottom up. I might take it a step further and have one inch PVC pipes bowed from one side to the other and place plastic over them except for a little space on top that will allow for the light adjustments. My lights will be TWO 600-watt HPS and one 1500-watt LED. The plastic will help keep the heat in due to the garage at night getting cold. I plan on running the lights at night for heat and then let them rest during the warmer day time temps. Once I have completed this I will post pictures. This makes it easier to dump a 5-gallon bucket of water at one time instead of watering each plant individually. The legs I want short so My plants can have more ceiling room to grow. These are the type of pots I use with the holes in the bottom. I will transplant them into three-gallon pots just before I switch them to flower. I have done this with 6 2ft wide X 4FT long tables and it works really well because you can keep different strains of plants on each table and monitor how each one is doing compared to the rest. Plus, it keeps it off the floor if you have carpet in a closet. The plastic inside keeps your tables clean because after each grow you just roll the plastic up and replace it for the next grow.

DSCN0978 (1).JPG

DSCN0976 (1).JPG

DSCN0977 (1).JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom