Meffa's Fall 2021 Organic Grow

Happy New Year!

I harvested Indica Cream and Purple Punch today as planned and gave them a good wash. I had been using 5gl buckets to wash in and bought new totes containers just to be used for bud washing. The totes I used are clear which ended up working really well because the light they let in made it easy to see what was going on, and the tote itself was easier than a bucket because there's more surface area to gently submerge and swish the plant around without smashing it against the container walls. I let them float around in there for a bit at each stage and feel like it went well. We'll find out in 6-8 weeks if there's any sulfur taste!

It's kind of dreary out today in my neck of the woods and I wasn't looking forward to bud washing on the patio, but my wife said why don't you do it in the greenhouse! Brilliant! The obvious escaped me and being out of the elements made the work that much more pleasant. A little of the good stuff during and after didn't hurt either. :yummy::ganjamon:

IMG_6837.JPG

IMG_6839.JPG

IMG_6840.JPG

IMG_6841.JPG

IMG_6842.JPG

IMG_6843.JPG

IMG_6844.JPG
Beautiful @meffa Love your set up :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

God Father OG and Super OG have been harvested and bud washed! Indica Cream and Purple Punch have been deboned and are in jars for the last two days.

I ran the ozone generator in the tent last night for 45 minutes and wiped all of the surfaced down with Clorox wipes today. I have tower fans in each corner and there were dead gnats underneath them, one of which was still slowly moving about which totally amazed me, but confirmed the tents need to be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each grow. I'm going to run the ozone generator tonight again and will work on up-potting the crew that's currently in veg so I can get them onto their next stage. The tent smelled great this morning after running the ozone generator and this tool is a welcome addition to my setup, I only wish I had learned about them earlier.

IMG_6855.JPG

IMG_6856.JPG

IMG_6857.JPG

IMG_6858.JPG

God Father OG and Super OG have been harvested and bud washed! Indica Cream and Purple Punch have been deboned and are in jars for the last two days.

I ran the ozone generator in the tent last night for 45 minutes and wiped all of the surfaced down with Clorox wipes today. I have tower fans in each corner and there were dead gnats underneath them, one of which was still slowly moving about which totally amazed me, but confirmed the tents need to be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each grow. I'm going to run the ozone generator tonight again and will work on up-potting the crew that's currently in veg so I can get them onto their next stage. The tent smelled great this morning after running the ozone generator and this tool is a welcome addition to my setup, I only wish I had learned about them earlier.

IMG_6855.JPG

IMG_6856.JPG

IMG_6857.JPG

IMG_6858.JPG
Hey @meffa Hope you are enjoying that harvest great work.
Just make sure your totally disinfected before you use that tent again :Namaste:
And anything that was in it.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @meffa Hope you are enjoying that harvest great work.
Just make sure your totally disinfected before you use that tent again :Namaste:
And anything that was in it.

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks Bill. You better believe I'm not leaving any stone unturned with cleaning that tent. What I don't really know is if there's anything I can do to inoculate the plants currently in veg in the 4x4 before they hit the 4x8 flower tent. Should I foliar spray them with sulfur or citric acid while they're in veg as a safeguard? I don't want to create problems either.

Thanks for your help! :peace:

Tell me more about the ozone generator please. I never heard to use one in this way. How is it helping?
Hey Otter. Ozone kills living organisms and it's so effective it's used in hospitals. You can use it to kill anything living in the rooms you use it in and it also removes any associated odors. I've read about people using them in cars that were smoked in, disinfecting hockey equipment, you name it. The use here is any WPM spores hanging around in the tent will be wiped out, but you have to be careful not to breathe it in while it's in the space. I ran it from 1am to 1:45am on a timer and I'm in a basement. I went down and the first thing I did was turn on the tent exhaust and left for a while. When I went back and opened the tent you could smell the disinfection in a really good way. I'm going to use it in my bathrooms to kill any mold lurking about.

There's a ton of info out there and I think I paid $125 or so for mine online. Here's a link that I liked about cleaning vs disinfecting a tent and what to use for both.

Thanks Bill. You better believe I'm not leaving any stone unturned with cleaning that tent. What I don't really know is if there's anything I can do to inoculate the plants currently in veg in the 4x4 before they hit the 4x8 flower tent. Should I foliar spray them with sulfur or citric acid while they're in veg as a safeguard? I don't want to create problems either.

Thanks for your help! :peace:
I had good success with neem oil just a few ml / l of water with a few drops of safers soap.
All over in veg is popular.

Stay safe
Bill

I had good success with neem oil just a few ml / l of water with a few drops of safers soap.
All over in veg is popular.

Stay safe
Bill
I have neem but have only used it when I had problems, didn't think of using proactively and am getting some ready now. Makes sense. :thanks:

That's great! Kill it all! I've heard of them used in cars. My tower fan has one in it. I don't know how powerful it is but it's there. We don't use it so far but I'm going to have to think how I may.
You should check that out, I read that a little ozone is beneficial but would research that to death first. :cough: I was looking at ozone meters when I bought the generator and it was one of those things where you could spend a little or a lot and everything in between, so I shelved it and figured I'd come back around to it once I had more time (patience) and started using the generator. Would be nice to know how much is in the air. :peace:

I read a thread where a guy said he used ozone with plants in the tent. He'd turn the ozone generator on for 1 minute a day, said he found that was the sweet spot where he could kill pathogens and not hurt the plants. I'm not going to try it myself but I found it interesting.

That's something to look into thanks! Ozone , who would have thought! I wonder what it does to my microbes?
I'd think microbes would be toast, or were you kidding around? :p

I was just asking. After reading a little I see what you're saying. I might try ozoning some water and using it for foliar outside for PM. If it's made and used in 20 minutes it may work. I wasn't happy with using bt this summer.
You know, your microbes might not be toast after all! Maybe what's on the surface might be affected, but I think if it doesn't penetrate the root ball things might be safe. To sterilize additional things in the tent I read to stack items and leave room for air/ozone to more easily flow and hit the surfaces. This leads me to think a good sized root ball might be somewhat safe if you're not overly aggressive. Only one true way to find out! :cheesygrinsmiley:

You know, your microbes might not be toast after all! Maybe what's on the surface might be affected, but I think if it doesn't penetrate the root ball things might be safe. To sterilize additional things in the tent I read to stack items and leave room for air/ozone to more easily flow and hit the surfaces. This leads me to think a good sized root ball might be somewhat safe if you're not overly aggressive. Only one true way to find out! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Haha, it might be safe but I don't have an indoor need so far.

Back
Top Bottom