MegeBudz First Grow

Thanks Josh and Lester!! Those tips alone may have saved some clones :thanks:

I took a clean spray bottle out there last night and filled it with distilled water and just a little bit of GSE and sprayed the inside of the dome then this morning I went out and checked on them and they were all still looking good so I misted 'em again before I headed out for work.

Once I get a chance to go back out there again tonight I will see how they fared during the day. It's getting hot out there and I had to run the AC for a bit last night to cool it down some.

- M

Just got back in from the shop and the clones look MUCH better than yesterday... again Thanks!! Although still a little twisted, they are much perkier and no wilting!

140429-IMG_20140429_195205_678_Medium_.jpg

Did some trimming under the girls and took some of the larger and older leaves out from underneath to give them some more air and help the plant to concentrate on upper growth. Was careful not to take too much off though.

140429-IMG_20140429_195250_998_Medium_.jpg

140429-IMG_20140429_195300_868_Medium_.jpg

140429-IMG_20140429_195317_918_Medium_.jpg

I am finding that each night when I test the pH it has always dropped down to about 5.3-5.4 So each night I add a couple of milliliters of pH Up to the reservoir and retest an hour or so later and it is back up to 5.7 or 5.8. Is this normal to have the water become more acidic due to concentration of nutes and waste as the water is consumed and evaporates? I've retested my pH meter a couple of times to ensure its accuracy so I kind of assumed this was to be expected?

- M

Ph fluctuation is typical in a reservoir. As the plants absorb nutrients the ph will change. The larger the reservoir, the longer it takes.

Some people take this to their advantage. Different macro and micro nutrients are better metabolized at slightly different ph levels. I don't have a reservoir, I use a passive hydroponic technique. Still, I water with 5.5-6.3, changing slightly with each watering. Seems to work for me. Until I step up to more stroger lights I can't fathom possibly having better results. But I am no way an expert.

Still looking good! Clones are holding steady and the girls are still shooting towards the lights. pH was at 5.3 again tonight so I added 3ml of pH Up and will recheck later tonight when I go out there. If calcs are correct that should put me at about 5.8 or 5.9 and if so I may give it another 1ml shot to put it towards 6 to give it that fluctuation you were talking about.

Last night I pulled water from our rain barrel for the first time and tested it... 6.4 pH and 14 PPM. So I have started using it instead to top off the reservoir tank.

Upon inspection tonight I found pistils on two out of the three plants... the Pineapple still isn't showing me anything and looks to still be in veg mode (which I am not surprised since it has only been a week). Wife got some pics but has not put them out so I can copy them over yet.

Also... was cleaning out the shop today and finally took apart an industrial outdoor landscaping lamp/column that I liberated from a building tear down some 15+ years ago. Pulled the guts out of it and wouldn't you know it... HPS. The bulb that was in it was toast but I put the tester in there and it is still putting out juice. If I ever expand the current operation then I will definitely attempt to fabricate a hood for it and see if I cannot use it instead of purchasing new.

- M

Here are the pics:

20140504_201549_Medium_.jpg

20140504_201122_Medium_.jpg

20140504_201050_Medium_.jpg

20140504_200842_Medium_.jpg

And then something I have never seen before in my 20+ years in the south. We had some VERY heavy rains here in the last couple of days and that night when I went out to the room these were scattered all over the floor... LAWN SHRIMP (I kid you not.. that is what they are known as lol)

Are those shrimp still edible? That's crazy. I only get turkey, deer, and squirrels in our yard.

lol would take a heckuva lot of them... thought they were baby palmetto bugs at first until I got close enough. We've been in this house for 10+ years and I have never seen these before. No water got into the shop so I have no clue how they got in there and why the vast majority of them were in the grow room... perhaps attracted to the light.

Our two acres is completely fenced in so we don't have too many nuisance animals.. other than freaking the wild flocks of peacocks that roam the area.

Amazing .... a week and a half into Bloom and #5 (since I have no clue what it is since it was bag seed) is outta control :yikes:

20140506_201447_Medium_.jpg

20140506_201444_Medium_.jpg

#6 the "Pineapple" is still shooting up but has yet to show sex (she's holding out on me).

#8 has shown pistils and has some tiny buds started.

Strain dependant, when introduced into a flowering photoperiod (12 dark, 12 light), plants exhibit exponential growth for the next three to five weeks. It's called "stretch" in grower slang. That's what you are witnessing.

Being able to anticipate the exponential growth potential before initiating a flowering photoperiod is the Zen all indoor growers try to achieve.

Your plants look great!!! You seem to have it all dialed in.

One thing I do, and take this with a grain of salt, I defoliate. By that I mean on days 25 and 45 from flowering I remove the fan leaves. Been playing around for a while. But, with all serious, a big ol' fan leaf blocking potential primo bud sites or lower buds does not serve your purpose.

To each their own and what not, but I'm here to grow top shelf bud, not stalks or fan leaves.

Well the Pineapple something or another is still not showing sex... or is it?

Need an opinion on if this is a boy or if it is still too soon to tell... it looks like just more nodes emerging but at the same time.. kinda doesn't. :helpsmilie:

140507-IMG_20140507_190359_365-1.jpg

And if it is a boy... is there anything that can be done with it other than toss it? I don't care one way or another but the wife doesn't want to let go... sheesh lol

Looks female to me. Give it a few more days. Male reproductive organs look like small clusters of grapes that hang down. A female will start producing calyxes that typically point up. At this point, it's hard to tell via computer pictures. Another couple days and it will be more evident.

Keep the pictures updated and we'll help you out.

Added, unless you plan on starting a breeding program, there's no reason to keep it alive (if male), sorry. A person could use it to make some week concentrates. I have a compost pile for the vegetable garden...that's what I do.

:420:

Two weeks into Bloom and switched out the nutes today for a fresh batch of 90ml FloraBloom, 60ml FloraMicro and 30ml FloraGrow. pH came in at 5.8 with a little adjustment and PPM was 935.

Here is a pic of the "girl in question"
20140511_194140_Medium_.jpg

A pic of one of the ones that started into bud QUICK!
20140511_193910_Medium_.jpg

And then the grow overall...
20140511_194108_Medium_.jpg

Clones are doing pretty good and most of them are rooted. Worked with the baker's rack we had in the studio and converted it over to a small grow area... about another week and they will be ready to be transplanted I think.

- M

Back
Top Bottom