Members Locked Out Of Accounts - Expired Email Accounts

UPDATE: out of 150,000 accounts, 19,000 were sent to Users Awaiting Email Validation.

Since the script ran yesterday, about a hundred of you have complained that your email accounts are fine and nothing is wrong on your end.

Our systems admin did some investigating and found that 2380 of those 19,000 emails did in fact receive emails successfully during the last 8 weeks, however last week's bouncebacks resulted in some errors on these accounts, which is why they were included in the original 19,000 sweep. There are a plethora of reasons why the error codes would be returned from each account and every case is different, so please try to understand we know just about as much as you do at this point, the rest is still being learned each day as we evolve into a digital world full of thieves and scam artists controlling the net and forcing us to develop stricter protocols to stay in business.

Our programmer has now run the script again to revert those 2380 accounts back to Registered, which should resolve the problem for anyone else who has an actual working email account.

Please continue to use this thread for reports if you are still unable to get re-activated or send an email to support@420magazine.com from the email registered to your account. :thanks:

:Namaste:

So Cruizer, The email service provider, in this case google mail, has the option of blocking spammy emails all together. But this only happens when large amounts of bounce back happens. Lots and lots of people, millions and millions, use gmail. I myself have 4-5-6 or something gmail accounts before they introduced the "You need a fcking phone number or we aint hooking you up" bs. So if a couple of thousand emails bounce back from one single site, every day.. You see?

Now emails are stored on their servers, some programs/apps will pull those emails and download them onto your device whatever that device may be. If the app/software doesn't go back to the server and delete them, then your account on the server gets full. I believe thats what Cannabelle is getting at.

Tor is an amazing service. Sadly DO NOT USE IT ON IPHONE! EVER! It's not worth it, your getting tracked more than before, the actual browsers are sketchy and dont come from trusted source. Apple refuses to let TorProject.org release their Iphone Compatible app for the usual bs reason. My next phone is an android.

I had my account disabled a couple of times now. Last Time Richy Rich... (Can I call you that Richard? ;) ) Sent me a nice PM telling me my stuff was bouncing back like a SOB. This time straight disconnect. Took me about 5 minutes to figure out what it was. PS. Never use YANDEX mail. Russian based, no good, poor scripts and doesn't even accept emails!

Thanks for letting people know! :)

Yes absolutely-though I do not have access to my email.
Therefore I've removed all 420 email notifications in the hopes this will save my account in future.

Weaselcracker, your account is fine now, correct?

iwltfum, did you not receive the email I sent you at your gmail account?

If you don't have access to the email, it could happen again, not positive.

Why don't you have access to your email?

Yes absolutely-though I do not have access to my email.
Therefore I've removed all 420 email notifications in the hopes this will save my account in future.

If you don't have access to the email, it could happen again, not positive.

Why don't you have access to your email?

I'm not sure. Maybe it has expired.
I'm fine. Don't worry about me- sounds like you guys have your hands full. I was mainly posting re disabling the 420 email notifications to-
- feel out if this is a valid solution
- if so maybe it would help someone.
Best of luck with this- everyone

i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy i can post things and respond help people again
since i'm on 420 i cant resist to post and read and respond
thanks guys really thanks i love you all

Back
Top Bottom