Messed up light cycle

FelixTheKwat

My first plant just sprouted so I threw a light on it at 4pm today, but I want to move it outside next week, when it gets a lil bigger, should I cut off the lights immediately and then have the lights go on at 6 am tommorow and off at 6pm, should i leave my light on 24 hrs? I don't want the plant to go hermie from the shock of the light cycle chaning drasticaly when moved outside, theyve only been on for a few hours, so if i cut off the lights now i could probably safely go on at 6am and then off at 6pm tommorow.

Thanks for any help

if your gonna move it outside then let nature take its course.......
if your using lights then run your cycle
18 on 6 off for the first couple months.....
when it matures switch it to 12 on 12 off
when it buds cut it to 8 on 16 off
then harvest.......

caseywildrose said:
its only a seedling it should be fine you only have the two seed leaves right then the lights not as big of factor

caseywildrose
You don't know what your talking about...!
If you put them in 12/12 They will flower...!
My plants were 7 day seedlings 2 plants
and they were put in 12/12 and 2 week seedlings also flowering 4 of them..!
caseywildrose I can see you are a real good grower.... :hmmmm:

Jshpro2 go to my grow forum it may help answer some of your Questions my grow is in 12/12 now... :icon_cool The first pic is my grow in 12/12 it was started 3/8/05 in 12/12. The 2 link is my grow forum..
light-cycle.JPG

Matanuska Valleys Grow Journal
Thank you
MV... :smokin:

caseywildrose said:
its only a seedling it should be fine you only have the two seed leaves right then the lights not as big of factor
LEAVE THE LIGHT ON 24 HOURS. light is a big factor, flouresents are recomended for seedlings. the plant needs light at the time it comes out the ground. it needs to photosynthises so it can get energy it has wasted all its saved up energy riseing out the soil.

your buds arnt going to be coming in for a while like for 2 months man the rains should be gone by then. yeah you dont really want the buds to get wet because it can cause mold. the bottle thing is a good idea. but keep the plant a pot for now so it doesnt get flooded. also make holes for air exchange

You'll also want to make sure the little ones have some kind of breeze blowing around them. This helps the stem to become strong and rigid, and helps to hold up the buds when they are close to harvesting. When the plant goes outside you will want it to be able to withstand a breeze with out falling over. A weak stem will allow the buds to fall over before they are done. Just an idea for you, if it's possible.

Thank You
MV.....

If its ready to go outside, put it out.MJ isnt that sensitive.And the length of day is increasing at the moment,that is until june 21st.The real question is will that plant survive outdoors right now.I would wait until its strong and of a size to be resilient.-usdi Agaluga

Back
Top Bottom