light hours change problem.

Remystemple

Not sure if this is doable or not. but. right now my lights come on at 12am and off at 6pm. it's my first grow and didn't really think about it when i set up the timer.

My original plan was when i switch to flowering i would just change it so the lights came back on at 6am instead of 12am. perfect.

But i'd rather it be the opposite. i'd like the lights to come on at 6pm and off at 6am. it's better for electricity ( i always want to call it hydro but that would just get confusing LMAO ) and would be better for me as it would give me plenty of time in the evening to feed and do all the things that i'll have to do to prepare for buds.

I feel like the best time to make this change would certainly be when i switched to 12/12. just don't know how i'd do it without messing anything up.

Any ideas on how i can do this?

Just do it... the plants will look at you all confused for about a day and then they will get over it and get on with things. Plants in the veg stage adapt to most everything you do to them, its only after they go to flower that they start getting picky and start reacting to odd things. Make this change as you switch and you won't even notice a hitch... just don't change it again later.

Just do it... the plants will look at you all confused for about a day and then they will get over it and get on with things. Plants in the veg stage adapt to most everything you do to them, its only after they go to flower that they start getting picky and start reacting to odd things. Make this change as you switch and you won't even notice a hitch... just don't change it again later.

Thank you, that's a relief. good info for a newbie like me :)

decided that i'll wait a few days or a week since i just did some pretty heavy training, then i'll extend the day cycle for them and just set to shut off at 6am and back on at 12pm for the rest of veg.

that would be a 30 hour day cycle for one day tho. but i feel it's probably safest to extend the day by 12 hours for one cycle than it would be to give a longer night cycle by 6 hours. i wouldn't want them to think it's time to make buds.

Some people give their plants 24 to 48 hours of darkness just before switch, you could factor this in if it helps any.

ohhh. good thinking. i remember seeing something about that. Thanks.

Do it, the plants will be fine. They're in Veg right now so they will be forgiving, I've changed the light schedule like you a few times and my girl was fine with it.

Nice then . not worried any more. i'll just switch it to what i want any time while they're in veg. hopefully this thread helps other new growers with the same question..

Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom