Mint flavored weed

LosSerpent

I'm addicted to mint candy when I smoke, I really. Don't like the taste of weed on its own, but mixing it with mint candy makes it amazing for me.

I was wondering if it's possible to flavor the mint itself like with tobacco

Or perhaps special filter tips with mint in it like cigarette...

Or even mint flaovored papers. I've heard all kind of stuff. Has anyone experienced with this

Try The Menthol by Compound Genetics.

I use the chocolate cigar wraps

You need to experiment as some brands are better than others

I have seen mint rolling papers, not sure if it was a brand name or taste.

I assume they wouldn't have named it The Menthol otherwise, but I cannot confirm that from personal experience, as I haven't had the opportunity to consume any.

BtW, do you grow your own mint? That stuff spreads like bamboo, lol. If you do, do you have any favorites? I've grown several, but the only one that really caught my attention is Marley Mint (Mentha spicata). It's from the herb garden at the Bob Marley Museum in Kingston, Jamaica, although I got it from a nursery that deals in exotic (and common) medicinal, culinary, ceremonial, aromatic, et cetera plants. It has a "whiff" (if you pardon the pun) of spearmint about it, but better, somehow - as if spearmint is some kind of copy of it.

I don't have any way to do steam extraction, so I haven't tried making my own extract. But I might end up trying the Magical Butter Machine on it to see how that works. I'm a menthol fiend from way back; was hooked on the original Vicks Inhaler sticks by the time I was three or four (and smoking Kools at 11 :rolleyes: ).

I assume they wouldn't have named it The Menthol otherwise, but I cannot confirm that from personal experience, as I haven't had the opportunity to consume any.

BtW, do you grow your own mint? That stuff spreads like bamboo, lol. If you do, do you have any favorites? I've grown several, but the only one that really caught my attention is Marley Mint (Mentha spicata). It's from the herb garden at the Bob Marley Museum in Kingston, Jamaica, although I got it from a nursery that deals in exotic (and common) medicinal, culinary, ceremonial, aromatic, et cetera plants. It has a "whiff" (if you pardon the pun) of spearmint about it, but better, somehow - as if spearmint is some kind of copy of it.

I don't have any way to do steam extraction, so I haven't tried making my own extract. But I might end up trying the Magical Butter Machine on it to see how that works. I'm a menthol fiend from way back; was hooked on the original Vicks Inhaler sticks by the time I was three or four (and smoking Kools at 11 :rolleyes: ).
I've never grown my one, now that you tell me about it I should!

Hey Los, it’s possible to add flavors to weed by introducing it to growing plant. I did thing for a fungus gnat outbreak by using heavy cinnamon from the spice cabinet, the bud picked up the cinnamon taste & aroma. It’s the same concept as purpinator. These plants are accumulators and concentrators with the ability to pick up scents and flavors from air, soil or water. I imagine you could flavor by hanging a sachet of menthol crystals near the plants trunk or adding menthol to water or soil mix. I’m not saying it’s the right thing to but it’s plausible. Who knows if menthol is harmful to the plant or soil? I sure don’t.... but I do know menthol is on the FDA GRAS lists as a flavor & food additive and it can be synthetic or derived from plants but that’s before it’s extracted & crystallized. You wold have to experiment and let us know how it works out. BTW’s Cinnamon is not highly recommended for fungus gnats but it was all I could do until my Neem arrived..... anyway hope this helps

Hey Los, it’s possible to add flavors to weed by introducing it to growing plant. I did thing for a fungus gnat outbreak by using heavy cinnamon from the spice cabinet, the bud picked up the cinnamon taste & aroma. It’s the same concept as purpinator. These plants are accumulators and concentrators with the ability to pick up scents and flavors from air, soil or water. I imagine you could flavor by hanging a sachet of menthol crystals near the plants trunk or adding menthol to water or soil mix. I’m not saying it’s the right thing to but it’s plausible. Who knows if menthol is harmful to the plant or soil? I sure don’t.... but I do know menthol is on the FDA GRAS lists as a flavor & food additive and it can be synthetic or derived from plants but that’s before it’s extracted & crystallized. You wold have to experiment and let us know how it works out. BTW’s Cinnamon is not highly recommended for fungus gnats but it was all I could do until my Neem arrived..... anyway hope this helps
damn, sounds like a lot of stuff!

how do manufacturers flavor tobacco? i used to love mint ciggies (now they don't sell em anymore, only the ones with mint in the filter, and they are trying to get rid of those too

Menthol crystals added late in production just before its rolled into ciggies
sick! sounds easy, so what if i take a bunch, crush them into a very fine powder, and then sprinkle it on my weed and let it cure for a few days, ya think that would work? thinking about it makes my mouth water.

Menthol crystals added late in production just before its rolled into ciggies. No it’s easy all I did for the cinnamon was add it to the soil as top dress and it gets watered in over time, keep adding a little more each week. That is if you are a grower it’s really easy

Say whaaaaat? Not possible bro.

Apologies was short on time there. Not crystals added directly to the tobacco, I skipped a few steps. Menthol comes as crystalline in a drum from the orient, It goes thru heating process and other flavorings, emulsifiers & glycerin are added, mixed in batches and sprayed on the finished tobacco in the menthol lines, then conveyed & tumble dried and then goes to final production. They cant run menthol and non menthol on the same machines, well they could but choose to avoid mixing the 2.

Menthol crystals are some potent stuff, don’t know what to tell you on adding it directly. My only purpose was to indicate that weed can absorb other scents & flavors from soil, air or water. How you manipulate that will be up to your own ingenuity!

Not possible for plants to absorb flavorings added to soil. 420% on that. Likely you put stuff like that on the soil it will kill the plant. Then there's those dang soil microbes that eat everything in site and outta sight. The flavors will never make it past the microbes.

Then there's the chemistry and physics of nutrient uptake. SOME plants will make their own flavorings or terpines but its made by the plant from the elements it takes up thru its roots and leaves.

Companion planting aint adding chemical flavoring to soil to make the weed taste like the chemical.

But maybe planting mint in with a cannabis plant might make it minty.... Could be the terpines from the mint plant getting on the leaves and flowers of the cannabis plant tho. Be cool if the mint got a cannabis flavor .... 2 way street lol

Sure it is. I’ve done it myself. I had pests think it was fungus gnats might have been root aphids (mostly flying canopy & landing in plant & soil) I had read somewhere that cinnamon could be used, it’s not highly recommended or very effective but I thought what the hell. I misted the top of the soil and crop dusted with cinnamon, it really pissed of the buggers and they couldn’t fly off the soil with wet cinnamon wings. I did that for about 2 weeks solid and finally got some Neem ordered. I kept on crop dusting, I even put half cinnamon sticks pressed into soil. Later I noticed at the chop & even after budwashing the fresh clean strong antiseptic smell of cinnamon. I lost the scent after the low & slow curing but later after it was dried I could easily pick up the cinnamon notes from the buds themselves and in the smoke. It’s not heavy flavoring or 1 to 1 scent transfer but you can definitely impart taste or flavor into the plant material. The plant will take the scent and add its own twist to it. You can do it from soil, air, water even foliar - guarantee it. Air would be more difficult but grow plants beside a fish processing plant or a hog waste lagoon. You spend a week working at a fish processing plant you know what happens on the 8th day don’t ya? When you get home the first thing you do is lick the dogs ass to get the fish taste out of your mouth! Ha ha,

How do you think purpinator works? It doesn’t work until you open the bottle and apply it to the plants. I don’t even know if it’s ferts or foliar or just additive for watering but it’s all the same. Take that scrawny plant you were gonna put in the worm bin & try it. I’m sure it’s not cost effective to add crap to get flavored weed, and you are absolutely right some of it could potentially kill a plant and it’s not going to work on every scent but you can definitely use additives to manipulate the natural flavor. As you know so many flavors are derived from plants, something like 395,000 known plant species and about 28,000 can be used for food, flavoring & meds. If it’s in the soil then microbes are going to either die or live and the scent is absorbed into the soil and roots. I’m guessing the microbes carried it or the soil did. Im not sure how well foliar applied would work or if it would last thru budwashing, sounds weak but plausible.

I'm addicted to mint candy when I smoke, I really. Don't like the taste of weed on its own, but mixing it with mint candy makes it amazing for me.

I was wondering if it's possible to flavor the mint itself like with tobacco

Or perhaps special filter tips with mint in it like cigarette...

Or even mint flaovored papers. I've heard all kind of stuff. Has anyone experienced with this
Have you tried vaping dry cannabis? It tastes way better to me than smoking it. I used to love the flavor when smoking weed. That was when I was a kid through most of my twenties. Now that I am quickly approaching 60, I hate the flavor when smoking weed... But I enjoy vaping weed. You could mix peppermint or other herbs/aromatics with your weed and vape that.

strong antiseptic smell of cinnamon.

Lol, what (the... fuck)? Is that an ammonia type smell, or more like bleach? Regardless, I think you ought to throw that batch of cinnamon out.

How do you think purpinator works?

Sulfur. And potassium. And magnesium. Via potassium sulfate, magnesium sulfate, & monopotassium sulfate (and a great deal of very expensive water ;) ). It works great when your plants are lacking in sulfur, potassium, and/or magnesium. And often seems to work great when your plants are not lacking in one or more of them - but you've just spent too much money buying the stuff. See:
(that one is probably what got Trump elected.)

...and:

Maybe I didn’t do justice on describing the scent bouquet there, but confirmation bias? come on man. No doubt I went hard on cinnamon crop dusting especially after it had no negative effect to growth of the plant. I’m not talking just a casual sprinkle, I think I used 1 & 1/4 full shaker of mccormicks cinnamon powder and a couple of broken cinnamon sticks stuffed in soil over the duration of that grow.

Seriously guys I’m the newbiest newbie grower on the block, you guys have decades of experience over me. Hell I still can’t grow an auto for shite but I know what I know. Believe me or not... it really doesn’t matter, I have nothing to gain by lying. I know what I did & what the bud smelled like, I know how it tasted, there was a noticeable cinnamon expression - no question. Why is this so hard to believe I mean look at colored water on a cut flower. I’ve been saying this all along in regards to flushing buds to improve taste. Open up all of those bottles of nutes and take a huge whiff. That concentrated fishy fert whew. Smell of all of the individual ingredients in your soil mix, pluck a fresh handful of soil and Hoover on that.... what did you get.... VOC’s. You cannot grow a plant in bat guano or sautéed eel dicks for 4 months without some of that scent being transferred or absorbed or picked up and either acted upon or ignored by the plant as it sees fit. Maybe it doesn’t work well on short running autos - mine was photo vegged for 12 or 14 weeks and flowered for 10 weeks IIRC. It is obvious there are many volatile organic compounds at play here between the plant and all of the soils and nutrients. I’m not a scientist - just a dumb fuck but I know this is true. Why would only nutes or minerals be taken up, why not cinnamon or clove or bat guano or fishy ferts?

The plant is an accumulator and concentrator. I guess that purpinator regardless of the chemicals involved works by reverse osmosis or.... could it be it’s taken up from the soil by the microbes and or roots? You guys can grow circles around me & you know this stuff far better than I ever will but I’m telling you this has been done, no question. No it’s not science - it’s totally anecdotal but that’s one leg of science right? experiment & observe then duplicate. I’m just reporting what I’ve observed from an experiment.

Back
Top Bottom