Mites/Thrips in Late Flower - Need a solution.

Zergling

HYDRO GROW

Strain - Blue Dream Cross
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Late Flower
Setup - RDWC
Light - 2x600 Watt HPS
Nutrients - General Hydronponics Flora series
Medium - Lava Rock, Hydroton
PPM - 1400
PH - 5.8
RH - 45% to 50%
Room Temperature -75 to 88
Solution Temperature - 70 to 77
Room Square Footage - 20
Pests - Spider Mites/ Thrips

First grow and I'm about 70 days into flower (100% cloudy, no amber) and I'm having major pest problems. I first noticed silvery white spots on the leaves and found thrips. Bought some lady bugs and released them into both veg and flower rooms. Now Spider mites have taken over and the lady bugs are just crawling around the floor and ceilings and not doing a damn thing. Also 2 of the 4 plants has a huge amount of side branching growing out the colas. the one shown is the size of a gallon milk jug. The normal looking buds look super dense and super frosty. Any non pesticide fixes to kill these mites?

Its been getting hot around here and I cannot afford a portable A/C atm, thats why the temps are so high for both room and res.

A lot of hard work!
start wiping down all the leaves with water and a sponge but dont get those buds wet!
you can even and 1tpsn dishsoap if you want it liquefies there insides!
make sure to pick and get rid of the really infested leaves.
but if i were you i would get a hot shot no pest strip i had some mites in week 5 flower and it worked like a charm.
and always keep your grow room clean sweep and cleanup every day or every time you water

Here are a couple links that should get you going:

Seirra Natural Mite Spray
Spider Mites

Good Luck to you sir!
:goodluck:

Wonderful resources, Thank you. The cannabis dvd's and books did not mention how such of a pain these mites would be. I went to Lowes and got some hot shot no pest strips. 7 hours later, all the mites turned from translucent to dark brown and are now tweaking and not crawling around, about 50% of them are dead and 100% of my lady bugs are dead. I really did not want to use a spray this late in bloom and it would be impossible for me to wipe down each leaf. From what I've read, the active ingredients break down in a few days.Hopefully it will not ruin the smoke or . Thanks for the suggestion Coke. I will have a sample analyzed after curing by a local, one of the parameters are pesticides and fungus.

BTW, my tents are outside in a shed, so no humans are near it. I'm going to lightly hit the plants with my air compressor in a few days to blast off dead bugs and poop. Luckily, I caught the infestation in time.
I've also lowered the temp in the room by adding another intake, increased my dehumidifier from 40% to 50%. Looking forward to the massive trimming job I've got coming up soon. I've never trimmed a bud

Do you guys recommend I get a small tent to use as a drying room? I have no extra rooms in my home solely for drying.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom