Mixed Grow: Rugburn OG, Cookie Ox & Double Banana Sherbert

Final results are in:

Double Banana Sherbet = 80 grams

Kushy smelling Rugburn OG pheno: 67 grams

Large lemon smelling Rugburn OG pheno: 118 grams

"Small" lemon smelling Rugburn OG: 81 grams

Totally 346 grams/440w of white qb leds= 0,79g/w

Could have been better, but Im more than satisfied:)

Will be back with pics later. Way to stone right now...

Ok, been stuck up with life for a while...

The conclusion regarding the smoke is that the Double Banana Sherbert was the winner and in a quite surprising way. This one has it all; smell, taste and high. Misses bag appeal, but thats due to grower mistakes.... Its way stronger than the Rugburn OG and the first energizing sativa bliss lasts for about an hour before a HEAVY indica takes over and last for a couple of hours more. Three joints of 0,3g each over 4 hours more than floored me:) The taste is lots of fuel with some sweet rotten fruit on top. Like you put some mangos, nectarines, oranges and citrons in a can half full of garbage, placed it in the sun until it starts to smell as a mixture of sweet and rotten fruit and then squeeze a gallon of truck diesel through it and drink it! All meant in a good way:) It leaves a thick velvet feeling and fuel tasting layer of film over your whole mouth. A friend and veteran smoker had never tasted anything like it and defined it as "a new and improved taste of weed developed for real men":) Really "thick & heavy" smoke.

It would more than recommend Double Banana Sherbert

I rank the kush-indica leaning pheno of Rugburn as number two. Gives a happy indica punch right away, which lasts for a couple of hours. Smells extremely kushy/earthy/piny with some fuel and hits of dried fruits (seems like the way longer than expected flush and low temps REALLY brought out the flavors in this growth). Tastes about the same. Maybe like a good Master Kush with stronger, more and even cleaner taste. This is night time medicine of great quality!

Third, but not least came the Lemon smelling pheno of Rugburn. Small happy sative kick which improves mood and focus followed by a indica punch in the tummy, which feels smooth and calming, but still quite functional. While the kushy Rugburn and the Sherbert only can be consumed in small doses during daytime, this one is a great all-day smoke perfect for a day at the beach. Smells and tastes fruit on top of some earth/pine/fuel stuff. The fruit is not like lemon more like dried oranges with a hint of spice. Very exotic, me like!

Struggling with heatwave right now and temps at 25C + all day. I put the jars in the fridge. Is that a bad or good idea?

Will be back with some picks of OG nugs and of the now 7 month old and revegged Cookie Ox and Double Banana Sherbert which are up next. Those plants will be quite interesting to grow...;)

In the fridge the stay then, PW:)

Got some pics of the next generation: An abused Double Banana Sherbert and an abused Cookie Ox. These went 17 days into flower, was revegged in a small tent, way to cold and with about 25% of the watts needed in veg. They have been in the large tent for 4 days now and I planted them from 1,5 gallon pots to 3 gallon pots. Nice looking roots filling out the old pot very well.

As I read they grow way more bushy when revegged. I trimmed of a lot before shaping them/tying them down today.

First the Cookie Ox:

20190712_042610.jpg

Will be filled out really nicely within a few days. Diameter around 85 cm on average and height after tie down was around 26 - 27 cm. Will probably let this one grow straight up from now as it is supposed to at most stretch 30% in flower. Its a bit faster than the Rugburn and Sherbert (2 DBS in total) it will flower with. So I will have it in a smaller tent still vegging for a week or so while the ROG and DBS flower.

Two of the Double Banana Sherbert:

DBS1.jpg

DBS2.jpg

Its a bit bigger then the COX, about 94 cm in diameter on average and about 30 cm tall. I expect it to fill out pretty fast.

I have worked a bit on dialing in the new grow room:

Bought a heater with a thermostat, which will stabilize the temperature at 21C at night and 29 during lights on (right now they get 24 hours of light).

The new driver for the 600W Quantum Board rig will be in place at Monday. Gives me 5 times more effect than right now and about 35% more effect in flower than last time.

They humidity is usually ok, between 38-39 lows and 55-57 highs, but that can change so I will bring in a humidifier and a de-humidifier to the tent and set them within a range, Any recommendations?

Here is the feeding of the day:):

20190712_045448.jpg

Black Jack is humic acid, the rest should be known:)

Will feed with Iguana Juice, Jungle Juice micro and maybe some roots stuff tomorrow.

Does anyone have an idea if these plants will be more probable to herm given the treatment they got? (Over two weeks of flowering, reveg under low lights and with temps down to 16C) Or will they be ok after two or three weeks more in veg under stable conditions?

I dont have the time to make another full journal as I have been hired to some consultancy work during August and September, but I will try to make a short journal from day 40 or so and in.

Will be back very soon with some last pic of the harvest and some conclusions regarding what I learned:)

Last post and then this a completed journal.

A pic of a couple of nugs, 2 g in total, from the kushy indica pheno:

Og1.jpg

Excellent night time medicine!

Seems like I have managed to dial in the temperature and humidity in the grow room now. Its stable and right where I want it. Heater, some ducting, air humidifier and dryer did the trick. Right now the day temp is 29,2 C and Rh is 55% and it stays there.

Combined with the full 600 watts of white qb LEDs I do expect an increase in yield and bud appeal the up coming round.

Will probably flower within a week or so. Both the OX and the Banana Sherbert are getting big, wild and bushy. If they dont herm I expect a yield of more than 500 grams this round. Moved the plants into 25 liter pots today. Will probably post a pic of them somewhere on the forum, before switching to 12-12 next week and I will if possible make a grow journal from day 40 or so and in.

Thnx for following my first journal at this forum and thnx for all advice:)

Back
Top Bottom