Mobile App: Photo Uploading Issue & Website Upgrades

I am glad to see the forum content back online.

I seem to only get 20 posts per page when viewing a thread instead of the 40 per that I had before. Is no big deal, I suppose.

I had a time finding my subscribed threads list. The former User CP link no longer works as such (somewhat expected that to happen). So I clicked on my user name at the top of the page. That opened a little pop-up (not a separate window popup, kind of a virtual pop-up). Did not see any option that contains "subscribed." I thought, perhaps, it might be the "Following" option, since it is correct to say that I am following the threads I have subscribed to ;) . But that wasn't it, either (this option seems to just give me a big list of user names). I did finally stumble onto what I believe might have been my list of subscribed threads.

But I do not remember how I did that thing :( .

EDIT: I see that I am still able to type in smiley-code by hand. Glad of that.

Regards,
~TS~

Blogs are gone? polls are missing? email notifications and alerts seem to be working now. I guess there will be some adjustment. How about titles in topic threads? are they limited in characters? Some seem to be cut off.. Like Duggans current thread.

Sorry I know your going to be bombarded with questions and complaints

Not sure what Duggan was referring to.. looks like his topic is fine.

420 forums tab > watched threads
Sorry TS that was meant for you on sub'd threads link

AHA! So THAT'S how to do a multi-quote all in one tab now (just click the reply link next to every post, lol).

Thank you. For some reason, those menus have no visual indication that they are menus on my screen. Which is a bit odd, since the What's New and Members menus do (the tiny triangle graphic).

PANIC MODE ON - I just hit a few of the many (hundreds? thousands, lol?) threads I had bookmarked over the years in my browser. Those all seem to be invalid links now. Take me to the section where the threads are, maybe. I assume that I will be able to manually locate each, either by using the forum's search routine or by doing a site-search for the thread title via a web search engine?

Regards,
~TS~

AHA! So THAT'S how to do a multi-quote all in one tab now (just click the reply link next to every post, lol).

Thank you. For some reason, those menus have no visual indication that they are menus on my screen. Which is a bit odd, since the What's New and Members menus do (the tiny triangle graphic).

PANIC MODE ON - I just hit a few of the many (hundreds? thousands, lol?) threads I had bookmarked over the years in my browser. Those all seem to be invalid links now. Take me to the section where the threads are, maybe. I assume that I will be able to manually locate each, either by using the forum's search routine or by doing a site-search for the thread title via a web search engine?

Regards,
~TS~

I notice a link to a thread within another thread also takes you to the section where the threads are.

EDIT: to be more clear and give an example, in the "member of the month" thread, you will see the link for "voting from a smart phone". Clicking that link takes you to..

You are quicker than I am. I'd say I'm too old to be a decent beta-tester, lol, but I confess it is probably brain damage more than age (which is still a contributing factor).

I notice a link to a thread within another thread also takes you to the section where the threads are.

Maybe there is some kind of tool for automatically fixing those? I would be mildly surprised if it is that easy of an issue to fix, but one can hope. If not, I suppose we can search for the proper/new link and then use the report post function to advise the staff of that new internal link (assuming we can find one). Probably not the best time to start that, though, as they'll undoubtedly be watching for show-stopper issues and such right at present.

Quick-EDIT: If those "links to other on-site threads from within threads" links are invalid ONLY because "forum" is now "community," then perhaps it would be a relatively simple thing to write a piece of code that will go through the database and replace the one term with the other? I have no idea.

Not sure if they will fix that, but if they do, it will take a while, even with the "find and replace" ability of any software.

It may take a while if they do that. I wouldn't necessarily stress yet.

Bonsaiweed

Not sure if they will fix that, but if they do, it will take a while, even with the "find and replace" ability of any software.

That's what I was thinking, some kind of automated find and replace script. I have done similar locally (okay, I copied a few lines that a helpful person posted and pasted them into a terminal window, lol - linux distro community support is awesome, just like err... cannabis community support ;) ).

It may take a while if they do that.

No doubt.

I wouldn't necessarily stress yet.

I'm actually not stressing. Just wanted to post the issue here in this thread so that it became a known issue. I have not deleted my bookmarks yet, and probably will not do so (just knowing the thread titles will be useful).

Blogs are gone? polls are missing? email notifications and alerts seem to be working now. I guess there will be some adjustment. How about titles in topic threads? are they limited in characters? Some seem to be cut off.. Like Duggans current thread.

Sorry I know your going to be bombarded with questions and complaints
We are writing a script for the blogs, because they did not come in this software. Your blogs are safe, and will be released soon. Give me some time to address the rest, we are still updating settings, tweaking everything, etc.

After I type in a reply, and post it... If I then press my space bar, I see a big pop-up with this information:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please enter a valid message.

Regards,
~TS~
You should be able to see all of them like before by selecting 420 FORUMS then select WATCHED THREADS

You should be able to see all of them like before by selecting 420 FORUMS then select WATCHED THREADS

Maybe I should be able to, lol, but the forum software isn't psychic and, therefore, has no idea what threads I may have bookmarked in my web browser.

Maybe I should be able to, lol, but the forum software isn't psychic and, therefore, has no idea what threads I may have bookmarked in my web browser.

Ahhh... gotcha. I thought you had previously subscribed to them here on 420Magazine. Yea your Fuc*ed. :eek:

Ahhh... gotcha. I thought you had previously subscribed to them here on 420Magazine. Yea your Fuc*ed. :eek:

LOL. I have a great many subscribed threads, but there have been LOTS that I merely bookmarked in my browser. Mostly either because they were threads that I hadn't posted in and was just bookmarking for future reference or because the threads were no longer getting new posts and I figured they'd be buried in my "Subscribed" list, anyway. But I think I have 2,100 or so subscribed threads, so there will be some overlap.

I can always retrieve them by hand, one by one - so it's no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom