MrThornton's White Widow Soil LED Grow: 1st Photoperiod Grow!

mrthornton

420 Member
So I am on my third grow now, and decided (since the grow journals here were (and are) invaluable to my learning experience) I would try to do a grow journal of my first attempt at White Widow AND my first time attempting a photoperiod plant

My previous two grows were both Northern Lights Autoflowers so I'm going to try to document my journey learning to grow two photo White Widow plants.

Here is my information:
What strain is it? White Widow
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Believe its 50/50 indica/sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Just started germination today
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Start out with an easy potting soil then FFOF
If soil... What size pot? Going to use 12" pots
Size of light? 300W LED
Size of cabinet? Grow tent 32"x32"x58". Mylar lined.
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? Stays pretty close to outside temps. usually temps between 70-80 F
RH of Room/cab? I usually see between 55-65% RH and
PH of media or res? I PH down to 6.0 then runoff usually comes out at 6.5
Any Pests ? Had some fungus gnats in the room before. Used diotamaceous earth on them
How often are you watering? As needed. Only when dry down to the second knuckle
Type and strength of ferts used? 1/2 strength Fox farms Trio at every other watering

Also I am growing in an outdoor building that I keep a screen door opened during the day depending on temps and I have a window AC unit I can turn on if needed, but temps have not been bad lately.

So that's my info. I literally just dropped 3 seeds into purified water at room temperature and have them sitting in a dark place but not in a cupboard on closed place. It's out in the open but still dark.

All 3 floated and no immediate sinkers, but I'm pretty sure they'll sink soon. If not no big deal

I plan to keep only two plants and try to fill up my tent with just those two.

After 14-18 hours I'm going to put them in the paper towel method. I hope to be able to get these in some soil in a few days.

Anyway I hope this journal helps folks and I hope it helps me as well. I welcome all comments, suggestions, etc so don't hesitate to drop a comment.

Thanks for looking!
White_Widow_Seeds_in_Water.JPG

Awesome! I'll pull up a chair too. I am growing two White Widows from Seedsman as part of my second ever grow! I put them into flower after only two weeks because I was curious about the 12/12 from seed concept and my first grow was finishing up so I wanted to get something into flower! They are just not starting to show some good preflowering - nice growing and consistent so far.

What are your plans with your girls - how long will you veg? Single 300 watt for three? Do you mix coco and perlite or straight FFOF in your medium? Will you top and LST since they are photo?

Also - my two white widows seem pretty thirsty. 1/2 FF nutes on an auto every other watering makes sense - but you might experiment with raising that a little with a photoperiod widow. That's what I was running but they started showing some yellow on the lower leaves. I upped it to 3/4 strength and then supplement with some light organic kelp based nutrients and Ancient Earth (Andvanced on the off waterings. I will start flushing every two weeks from now on (I only did it two weeks before harvest on my first grow, because I had no idea what flushing meant before I got to that part of the grow)

I am doing the reverse of you and growing my first auto grow now and doing my first journal on it.

Thanks wrongdog!

So my plans for veg are at least 4 weeks but if I can go past that I would like to try. I've heard good results from people who take them out 6-8 weeks but I'm going to say at least 4 for now.

Single 300 watt for now. I think I'm actually going to only keep two plants of the three (if all 3 pop that is).

I've only used straight FFOF as the medium and have not added perlite or coco before.

I will definitely LST, top and MAY try some other tricks like super cropping and some mild defoliation if needed.

Thanks for the tips on the nutrients. The nutrient game is always a learning experience trying to learn what the plants need, and giving it to them in the correct doses. I think I will start with 3/4 like you recommend and adjust from there.

Sounds great. I'm following your auto journal now also. Look forward to it!

DAY 2 UPDATE:

Not much to report. I took the seeds out of the water after 16 hours and went immediately to the paper towel method. Now about 6-7 hours later I see two of the seeds are cracking on the side and it looks like we will see a taproot from those two at least.

The third one shows no signs as of yet but I'm probably only keeping two plants anyways so no biggie.

IMG_598611.JPG

DAY 3

Looks like all three seeds are showing taproots now under the paper towel. They'll likely be long enough to go into soil tomorrow. I can only keep two so I'll have to choose wisely when it comes time to eliminate one plant.
IMG_59917.JPG

I'll be sitting in on this. My first known named strain will be White Widow once I get everything set up.

Well it looks like all three popped very nicely so I'm stuck with a conundrum. I only have space to grow out two of them indoors but couldn't bring myself to throw one of these guys away so I'm thinking that I'm going to give one of them a go in an outdoor setting in my regular garden.

I'll keep everything updated as this indoor/outdoor journey progresses. I think it will be a nice experiment to watch them grow in both environments at the same time.

For now here's what they looked like just before I put them in the soil just a few moments ago

IMG_59996.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom