My First Batch of Cannabis Oil - Simpson's Method

Kusharella

The story begins sometime last year - around March(ish) I developed a "mole" on my thigh. At first it had no color, just a raised spot. Could have even been mistaken for a wart ?

My first approach to it was pure castor oil. It's been known to take care of moles and at the time I wasn't thinking melanoma. I began putting the castor oil on in May and continued throughout the summer and into September. Nothing was happening, and in fact it continued to grow in size.

I started to worry about it after that. No matter what I put on it, it continued to change shape and color. It had also begun to hurt. I stumbled across Rick Simpson's "Run From The Cure" movie and began research. A friend of mine assured me they could get me 3 ml of the Simpson Oil to try on the mole. I accepted and when it arrived, began using it December 2nd.

It's been nearly six weeks - I see changes in the mole and it appears to be shrinking. Suspecting the oil I got from my friend (a caregiver in Co) may not actually be from the bud - but from trim - I decided I should make my own, as Rick strongly urges everyone to do.

My biggest challenge is I'm a huge coward regarding the safety issue - I really needed to get that behind me. Surprisingly I had no issues with giving up a full ounce of good quality bud. Whatever we feel about sacrificing that much weed, it's the ONLY way to make the real deal. No trim. No stems. THE SMOKEABLE BUD - it's ALL got to go. Hubby teared up as I ground it down to prep it. I kissed his forehead, handed him a tissue and got started.

Here's the bud that was sacrificed - both Afghan Kush plants that yielded just over half ounce each. I saved a couple nugs from each (to smoke) and the rest went into the project.

conniedorisafkush.jpg

I then poured Everclear into the bowl containing the freshly ground buds

ounceofbud.jpg

I "muddled" the mixture for a long time, then let it sit awhile, muddling it a 2nd time for about 3 minutes. Then I strained it into a glass through a coffee filter. Then went for round 2 - a second soaking and muddling in the Everclear. As you can see, the filtered liquid took on a green tint.

1ststrain.jpg

Now the (scary) part - the cook. I decided to double boil it in a Pyrex bowl. I got the water at the right level and let it go to a rolling boil. Then turned the electric burner down so it would vigorously simmer. I placed the bowl of filtered solution into the water pot. I had the window open and a fan blowing so that any fumes coming off the Pyrex bowl would exit quick. My setup acted as a double boiler and it took about 45 minutes for the solution to evaporate off.

cookdown.jpg
boiling.jpg
alldone1.jpg

Once it turned "gooey" and all the bubbling had stopped I scraped it together to suck into a syringe.

gooeygood.jpg

As you can see it turned a golden amber color. It's not black. It's not green. The golden amber color is what you want to shoot for. That's how you know it's the good stuff.

I put some immediately on my mole, after taking pre-pics. I will check it in 4 days. The rest went into a syringe to continue medicating with until this thing is completely off my leg.

My goal (of course) is to eliminate this melanoma completely. If it works I plan to dedicate one of every 3-4 plants I harvest solely for making this hemp oil. I have not included pics of the mole at this point - they're kind of gross - but rest assured I will absolutely humble myself to share that progress if this is successful.

I like the idea of making my OWN oil as I know what the product is and I'm certain the process was done in a sanitary way. I will tell you this - I dabbed a tiny ball on my gums about an hour ago and my lips are still tingling and I'm HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY :)

Wish me luck ! I sure hope this venture is a success and can serve to be beneficial to more than just me. :love: :thumb:

I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress. I have the same thing but it is right next to my nose, I'm saving up to make some oil soon. Good luck!

First 2 pics in the series is with an oil from an MMJ dispensary. Clearly it is working but not real fast. Very possible it was made from trim. Last two pics are progress from using the oil I made myself, from whole bud.

It's nearly flat on my leg now. It's SHRINKING. It's going ............ buhbyz ..................

Raw amateur photos don't lie - right there in front of our faces my melanoma is disappearing - 7 weeks from starting treatment.

sevenweeks.jpg

I'm very encouraged for you too Mrs - I'll be on the lookout for your progress.

My own "critiques" of my first batch ?

* I am not convinced I evaporated off ALL the Everclear. Bubbling had stopped but the final product is thinner than examples I've seen. Thickens up fine once it hits air but what's in the syringe will "pour" if I'm not careful.

** I was very highly conservative, starting with just one ounce at a time. Now that's under my belt I would be more productive and comfy with 2-3 ounces at a time. I am quite sure I will NEVER be ready to tackle producing more than that in one shot. I have no problem being a chicken about this. It keeps me safe(r).

My next batch will probably be 2 ounces of bud, and I will surely utilize letting the final product sit on a warmer for an hour before calling it quits - be sure ALL the Everclear has flown away.

I know I said 2-3 ounces - that'd be my limit. Next up - I'll go 2 ounces. Let ya know how brave I feel after. ;)

Keep up the good work !!! I just did a qtr lb of Gorilla Glue #4 and pumped out a whopping 18.2 gram pull...never ever seen as thick as trichs as this strain. Once you get comfortable & have a well ventilated area it gets easier and you can learn a couple little tricks as you go to produce a better grade of oil (IMHO its all good). I've been doing this a while and I only do a 1/4lb. max @ one time, not that I couldn't do more, its the quality control that is affected, especially if its an ISO Quick rinse. Whatever your comfortable with is normally the best result and fact is your taking the best med possible for just about anything.

ps: if your cancer is coming from the inside going to the skin surface you also want to dose (on the gum) and topically. Topically I mix a little coconut oil with a dab of concentrate so it goes on easy as my concentrate is so thick if its on the cool side it will peel scabs, etc. off. Your headed the right direction for sure. Best of Luck

Thanks so MUCH for the tips Moto. Very encouraging. I use Everclear as my solvent. That way if I screw it up, I don't screw up the patient too (right now, just me) ;)

But yes, there are many more batches in my future. I'll look up that GG#4 - interesting. Definitely on the hunt for the best strain and after I have at least 5 good samples, will invest in a test kit. Those suckers are costly ( I was surprised )

YW Kushie...in no time you will be making batches like a pro & the benefit of making your own meds is a healer in its own right...lol. Best of luck and any questions you might have there are plenty of folks @ 420 who will chime in with knowledge. Peace

Very good I been making my thc oil since 2000 when my Dr prescribed medical marijuana. I extract with alcohol but i get the choryall so its a darker color than our bho oil. It cures cancer and keeps me cancer free since 2014 I'm also a mmj patient and caregiver from Colorado...

Taken Feb 16th - I am no longer putting oil on it. It's GONE. Now to let the skin heal up.

I consider this a testimony. I'm sure there's TONS of people who would disagree and tell me the oil is bunk. Bring it. I used countless other methods before the oil and it just got worse and worse. It appeared in March 2013 and I didn't start the oil until December 2013. It is MY leg and it was MY melanoma. WAS being the operative word. I need no more convincing than this.

The oil WORKS :)

feb16mela.png

Back
Top Bottom