My First Grow... Afgan x Mazar

Okay, so i think i'm seeing a little burn or something.... the bottom leaves are begining to go yellow.... a bit worried. I just transplanted and checked all the stats, the pH is at 6.7 and moisture is good. I really need to know what's going on before I leave friday,

HELP ME GUYS!!!!!

I don't know what the yellowing is, but it's showing up on both plants now. only on the yellow leaves, it could be over nuting it... very possible seeing as how i watered with a 1/2 dilution when I should be using a 1/8 dilution for now, before I leave for vaca. I don't want to burn out the plants while i'm gone by dumping a ton of nutes on them. Here's some pix, as promised........

First off the soil, rootbound, and growroom:
SANY0051.JPG

SANY0054.JPG

SANY0055.JPG

The Bagweed is on the left and the AfganxMazar is in the right

These are some pix of the Bagweed, with the yellowed leaves....
SANY0058.JPG

SANY0060.JPG

And here's some pix of the AxM with the yellowed leaves...
SANY0063.JPG

SANY0057.JPG

AGAIN, I NEED HELP WITH THESE ASAP! I'm a little worried about leaving them over break now :(

Hey
This needs confirmation from more experienced people but i read that nitrogene defiency does this, this should happen in late flowering but not now.
Hope someone can help you better.
They also look a bit overwatered in my eyes but this also needs confirmation.

after i transplanted, i used 1/2 strength MG singles with the same nute values and had no issues. the reason i am doing half value nutes is the exceptionally high N content. Flush your soil if you know you over fed them...should be easy to do considering the soil doesn't hold moisture that well...just make sure the bottom drainage holes are completely unimpeded so it can drain faster than normal, and do like 1 gallon of distilled water over the course of a few hours to flush them out.

thanks guys, i've been slowly flushing them out all day. I'm gonna use 1/8 strength for the next two days and then water with 1/16 strength like heck to really get the soil damp. I'm hoping the roots have begun to spread. I know there's signs of over watering, but that will def be gone by when I return. Also, I was wondering how high over the plants should i have the lights?? I don't want them too close, but not too far away, i don't want the plants to grow and end up getting burnt, or start a fire.... yea, so how far away should the plants be from the light when i leave? thanks

Hey Fox
Just realized that you got freshly repotted plants, their hanging because of the repot and not of overwatering, My biggest grower right now is one of the white widows, it also had those yellow bottom leaves, i didnt do anything about it and its growing fastest of them all.
If you decide to flush, do it slowly not to compress the soil, i did and it will probably never dry out.

i did and it will probably never dry out.

sounds like a drainage problem...if your soil is composed of the proper elements, it should always* be able to dry out completely, simply by not watering. this has to happen when you stop watering just prior to harvest anyways, so you should maybe look into that. anything that gets wet and stays wet promotes root rot and mold, and at the very least bad nute distribution. depending how rigid your planter pot, you can always squeeze the sides to break the soil in new ways, to promote airflow. I make this a ritual for that very reason during the plant's time in temporary pots on their way to maturity.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Fox but i feel i got to thank XSVBuds for the tip here.
Soil and drainage are good, when they wake up im gona try squeeze the sides as you suggest, Thanks man.
Its a 2,5 gallon pot and when 7,5 gallon gets poured through it as fast as possible its bound to get compressed :)

Now back to Untamed Fox, sorry bout this mate.

:peace:

haha, no worries guys, we're all buddys.

so you got the yellow leaves in the bottom too?? cuz i've been flushing slowly with distilled H20 and will continue until I leave when i use 1/8 strength. I might be over thinking it. I have to remember that A: i don't know if they're even female and B: that if the plants fail, it's okay cuz these are free seeds (the AxM came free with my SC). This grow is for experience purposes, so i know how to give appropriate light and nutes and so on. yeild would be incredible, but i gotta remind myself it's not the point. Wait for the summer to role around, i plan on having 2 feminized strawberry cough plants growing like mad in a much bigger closet.

Also, it seems the ends of the leaves are curling up under themselves, especially in the pix. I forget what that's normally due to

Yea on one of the white widows and its currently the fastest grower, in my case it did no harm but would be nice to know what it comes of. Looks like N defiency in my eyes.

HA! N deficiency? damn, that means that either i'm over nuting or under nuting, possibly more undernuting.... gotta get this figured out.

after studying up, it looks like a combination of over watering and nute burn, which is expected with a rookie like me. I'll keep watering with pure H2O and use 1/8 nutes before I leave. Over watering shouldn't be a problem when I return, i just worry about the nutrient levels. The pH meter I have says that the pH is fine, though it almost looks like some of the pH off plants i've seen on here... any advice on that?

okay, so i got some pix of the burn on the AxM, which seems to be burning worse than the Bagweed now :( Again, i'm still sticking to just water before I leave. the pix don't show exactly what's going on... The brown marks on the yellow/green leaves are darker brown and more spotty than they appear in the pics

SANY0064.JPG

SANY0065.JPG

i went ahead and removed the burned up leaves on my plants after i got my N deficiency under control, and that seemed to help the plant focus on growing rather than dying - maybe take the bottom set of leaves off...they're gonna die anyways, and maybe that will take some of the bad juju with them!

@ Insider - It's no trouble giving you a tip here and there, especially when it's something similar to what Fox is going through - this site is a learning center so I am always happy to help/be helped.

i went ahead and removed the burned up leaves on my plants after i got my N deficiency under control, and that seemed to help the plant focus on growing rather than dying - maybe take the bottom set of leaves off...they're gonna die anyways, and maybe that will take some of the bad juju with them!

@ Insider - It's no trouble giving you a tip here and there, especially when it's something similar to what Fox is going through - this site is a learning center so I am always happy to help/be helped.

great idea! the only thing i worry about is if i cut off the lower ones, won't the problem spread everywhere else then? and it seems like at the top of the plant, the new growth has been yellowed.... not good. if it begins to yellow, i'm guessing nute burn right? or is it N deficiency?:thanks:

the soil comonents are listed when i put up the pix of the soil and such on the 6th page

I picked up a pro mix with Canadian Peat Moss, Vermaculite, Perilite, and Limestone

Neither one of these two items (located on page 7, not 6) tell me anything.

I want to help you get this nailed down, but I'm not going to keep scrolling through your journal to do it. I am not trying to be rude, but I really don't know what is relevant data and what is obsolete because you have had so many changes.

Please if you would give us a data sheet on everything as it is now, including temperatures, light times, brand and values of soil and nutrients, lights and output, distance from plants, starting day of germination, watering schedule from start to current day, nutrient schedule, etc. these are key facts that you need to have in order and available for your's or other's evaluation when diagnosing problems. Here's a great question for you: Would you treat your car/pet like you treat your plants?

If nothing else, start a spreadsheet today that you will use for notes, scheduling, amounts of nutes, light times, watering schedule, etc. so you can refer back to the data, rather than guessing all the time.

/rant. I love you buddy, keep your head up and we'll get your plants healthy again.

Back
Top Bottom