My First Grow In My Closet: Poor Man's Grow

I just remembered something... When I transplanted these, I put half MG organic and half regular MG potting soil in one. That MG organic potting soil is worthless and as stated earlier in this thread as soon as I put them in regular MG potting soil they started growing A LOT faster and tripled in size in like 6 days.

So, I bet the plant that is not doing so well is the one plant with 1/2 organic and 1/2 regular MG soil. I believe the organic soil locks out nute uptake... The only way I can think of to try and save that one plant is: well first of all each pot is not full, they each could use 3-4" more soil.

So I guess I could buy one more bag of MG potting soil, take the plants out of the pots, fill them with 3-4" of new soil at the bottom of the pot, then just put the plant (still connected to the old soil in there hopefully)on top of the new soil back into the pot. What you think?

I can't say MG sucks because I've used it alot in the past. With good results. I dont think 50/50 will matter myself. To me, maybe a mag lockout? But I'm no doctor. Funny just one not the others. One thing strange is I have 5 myself in MG and doing sweet. I just finished 5 in MG of the lowrider and harvested close to 3/4 a oz per well rounded off. Smoke is drying as I type. And sure wish it wood hurry up I'm real low on my supply.

Today I went out and got some MG potting soil and did what I said above. Basically 'transplanted' them again this time soil to the top of the pot. Some roots got snagged off though... I mean not a lot but some did come off. Hopefully this doesn't hurt/stress them too bad!

Time to update! Well my plants are doing pretty good! They are now 11.5" tall and day 7 into flowering! I have started to give them 1/2 strength Fox Farms Tiger Bloom and 1/2 strength Sea Tea. No signs of sex yet... Oh and I bought an other 4 foot fluorescent so now my lighting consists of two four foot fluorescent's with each light one warm and one cool bulb. Well I don't have much else to say and I took lots of pics (kinda went overboard, lol), so tell me what ya think... :grinjoint:

Day 7 into flowering of my three plants:
tx1.jpg

tx2.jpg

tx3.jpg

tx4.jpg

tx5.jpg

tx6.jpg

tx7.jpg

tx8.jpg

tx9.jpg

tx10.jpg

tx11.jpg

tx12.jpg

tx13.jpg

tx14.jpg

tx15.jpg

tx16.jpg

Do spider mites cause some random "shady brown" spots on the leafs, then they curl up and die? If so, how can I kill these things? Also, are these things visable on the plant, cause I don't actually see any bugs..?

Yes, spider mites are visible.....they live on the under side of the plant...they look like little black dots, if you look carefuly you can see them move....Spider mites lay their eggs along the veins on the underside of the leaf, the eggs look like little white dots....almost the same size as the mites themselves. i have a preventative measure and a method to rid your plants of mites. I dont feel like typing too much so if you wanna know these methods just PM me .

I just remembered something... When I transplanted these, I put half MG organic and half regular MG potting soil in one. That MG organic potting soil is worthless and as stated earlier in this thread as soon as I put them in regular MG potting soil they started growing A LOT faster and tripled in size in like 6 days.

So, I bet the plant that is not doing so well is the one plant with 1/2 organic and 1/2 regular MG soil. I believe the organic soil locks out nute uptake... The only way I can think of to try and save that one plant is: well first of all each pot is not full, they each could use 3-4" more soil.

So I guess I could buy one more bag of MG potting soil, take the plants out of the pots, fill them with 3-4" of new soil at the bottom of the pot, then just put the plant (still connected to the old soil in there hopefully)on top of the new soil back into the pot. What you think?

i have a great method for your tranplanting situation.....remove the entire root ball from the pot.....soak the root ball in a bucket of water, the root ball will soften up after a few mins. The soil will begin to fall apart....continually dunk the root ball in the water....this will slowly remove soil from the root ball, you could dunk it until all you have is roots and no dirt. then you could use all new soil.....as opposed to less than 1" of clean soil.

hey thanks Boss!

So today is day 8 of flowering and I think I can already see what sex they are... I think I have two males and one female, so im a little disapointed. Im going to let them get a little bigger so I can make sure but probably wednesday I should know. But im 90% sure that I have two males. The other plant im not too sure, although I think i may be able to see little hairs coming out but I can't see yet. My camera is crap so I can't zoom in to take a pic or anything... But I will try and have some pics up here soon.

This sucks, I was really hoping I would have three females which would be awesome for my first grow :rollingeyes:

CONFIRMED.... TWO MALES AND ONE FEMALE. I tried to take pics of their genitals but they wouldn't focus in on the goods. But ya two have what looks like a little cluster of grapes and the other one has white hairs coming out. SOOOO 2/3 of my grow is male. I won't lie im really disapointed, but at least I got ONE female. I thought about just trashing these plants a few times and glad I stuck it out through the difficult times.. and look at what I made.. SOME DAMN FINE HEALTHLY PLANTS! :cheesygrinsmiley: There were even a couple of people on this board that said I should just quit (at earlier points, in other threads) but im a tenacious person and I believe I showed them. so ha. lol

This has been a great learning experence for me so far... I have learned so much in what to do and what not to do, so for that I can't wait to flower this female. I can't wait to start my next grow already though!!!! It will be in late December/early January. :peace:

Pull the males and center your lights over the female and give her all your attention. Plants will use more nutes and water and light in the flower stage. Can't wait to see pics of your area after you get it how you want it with 1 girl in there.

Yea...kill the guys and clone the girl... Flowering clones for the win !

Peace :roorrip:

Day 13 of flowering... 14" tall and white hairs getting longer. I tried to take a close up but the pics came out blurry. I have moved one of the 4 foot fluorescent vertically so it can give the whole plant light longitudinally. Also, I just hung up that CFL but I haven't decided if im really going to use it or where im going to put it. Few pics for ya:

fem11.jpg

fem21.jpg

fem3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom