Poor Man's CFL Closet Grow - First Plant

Re: Poor Mans CFL Closet Grow - First Plant

She has been cut down after 23 and a half hrs of darkness and is hanging, about to take some pics

Man how many pic's you taking? its been like five hours and the suspense is killing me!
:tokin:

Thanks Gangalicious! And Chrome sorry,, got side tracked a bit LOL ;)

I got lots of pics tho! :)

Madison before the chop ;) gotta love the shirt :cool:
100_5890.jpg

100_5891.jpg

100_5893.jpg

100_5892.jpg

im putting her home up on the market, any takers? :grinjoint:
100_5901.jpg

after the scissors got to her
100_5899.jpg

hung up, with fans
100_5894.jpg

without fans
100_5897.jpg

100_5896.jpg

and finally, trimmed..such a shitty pic :hmmmm:
100_5905.jpg

100_5906.jpg

her roots that went right into the resevoir, making this kinda like a hydro grow lol. had to empty the resevoir every week, flushing her once a month
resized_one.jpg

everything i used to produce this beauty
resized_two.jpg

100_5904.jpg

100_5907.jpg

So as an experimental grow, this has been a blast! Definitely gonna be doing another journal, after i move in late October. Next one will be more exciting and not so lame, i promise ;)

Things i have learned from this grow:
- CFL's can produce some awesome buds
- This site is the most informative on the net
- RH meter/Thermometer is a must
- LST is a must
- Topping should have been done
- Timers are a must
- Trimming is a PIA :tokin:

I want to thank everyone for their input and i definitely hope to hear from you all the second time around, seriously all you guys are awesome and the advice i've got here is amazing. Gotta love 420mag! :tokin: I'm sure i will be back to add to my list of learning experience. ;) For now this is all, thanks everyone for checking out my grow. :peacetwo:

great job, man. it almost brought a tear to my eye to see her get chopped up. is that you in the pic? that bud is almost bigger then your head ! i guestamate maybe 1 ounce dry weight maybe more(for the main bud), once again nice job with the cfls. next time, may i suggest growing with a 125w bulb? one red and one blue, they don't cost much and i get great results over and over again (i grow hydro it's much easier). those buds look really nice and tasty,too bad you chopped her up before i had a chance to ask her out lmao. good post dude i'll be looking forward to your smoke report and your next journal. awesome!:welldone::bravo::peace:

Mabe you should change the next grow to rich man,mighty fine results congrats +reps if i can

HH

Wow, great job! That's a mighty fine grow.

I was coming to tell you 75 did me solid but I'm to late. :)

I went a few pages back and post 165 with your harvest pics, answered a lot of questions I had. Great idea with the re-cap! Sorry I missed the journal and it just goes to show all the other ones I'm missing out on as well.

:bravo: and reps for a great grow!

That main cola came out SWEET, save that Monster for last. :tokin:

thanks, i plan on it :) it has shrunk quite a bit since it was cut. wet weight was 39.4, and this morning it was 19.6g. It smells ferocious! :cool:

Good job Zep!! :bravo: Madison was a beautiful girl! She did you proud!!

We harvested Alice last Friday.

Thank you, it was sad to cut her but in the end it was worth it ;) I will definitely stop by and check out your grow asap :smokin:

great job, man. it almost brought a tear to my eye to see her get chopped up. is that you in the pic? that bud is almost bigger then your head ! i guestamate maybe 1 ounce dry weight maybe more(for the main bud), once again nice job with the cfls. next time, may i suggest growing with a 125w bulb? one red and one blue, they don't cost much and i get great results over and over again (i grow hydro it's much easier). those buds look really nice and tasty,too bad you chopped her up before i had a chance to ask her out lmao. good post dude i'll be looking forward to your smoke report and your next journal. awesome!:welldone::bravo::peace:

thanks cowboy, once again i have to say cfl's kick ass! :tokin: a bit off on your guess but the main cola should weigh in around 14g. :) Still, as an experimental grow, investing less than $40, i've gotten excellent results :slide: thanks for keepin an eye on my grow. always glad to have anyone's input, posiitive or negative. :peace:

Mabe you should change the next grow to rich man,mighty fine results congrats +reps if i can

HH

haha thanks man :blunt:

Wow, great job! That's a mighty fine grow.

I was coming to tell you 75 did me solid but I'm to late. :)

I went a few pages back and post 165 with your harvest pics, answered a lot of questions I had. Great idea with the re-cap! Sorry I missed the journal and it just goes to show all the other ones I'm missing out on as well.

:bravo: and reps for a great grow!

yea you were a bit too late lol and unfortunately for the humidity i cut the bitch :tokin: thanks for the reps and ill be keeping an eye on your j as well. :peacetwo:

So i smoked some of the little popcorn buds that were still a bit moist but burned for the most part lol,, had to torch them but damn i got a killer buzz :tokin: tasted like green, green fresh weed, and a hint of a juicy flavouring :roorrip:

tomorrow night i will probably be putting all the buds excluding the main cola into the jar. in the morning i will take them out and dry them again with the fan to get most the moisture out. damn i just wanna smoke a joint of this already!! :Rasta:

So i smoked some of the little popcorn buds that were still a bit moist but burned for the most part lol,, had to torch them but damn i got a killer buzz :tokin: tasted like green, green fresh weed, and a hint of a juicy flavouring :roorrip:

tomorrow night i will probably be putting all the buds excluding the main cola into the jar. in the morning i will take them out and dry them again with the fan to get most the moisture out. damn i just wanna smoke a joint of this already!! :Rasta:

Yeah, I'd say I've done my share of torching green and partially dried popcorn buds! LOL! It's just . . . too much temptation I tell ya.

Have you rolled one up and burned it down? Well, if you can hold out, a couple of weeks in the jar can make a big difference, I've found. A couple more weeks seems to be even better for flavor, smoothness, and potency.

Great budget grow, man!

Ok finally got the time to do this smoke report. Sorry but the past week i've been busy packing and getting ready for this insane move. Total dry yield was 23.8g. Not too bad for an experiment lol really im just glad to have some free smoke :slide:

All of the buds excluding the popcorn were put into the jar that night and taken out the next morning for another day to dry some more. Morning the following day they were nice and not too crispy, so they were stuck back into the jar. Since then it has been all cure, burped and tested once everyday. I did put the main cola in a seperate jar, which is going to be consumed at Christmas. :blunt:

As of today the smell is amazing, really pungent and, i would like to say fruity but it's not exactly. It smells sticky LOL :Rasta: At first it had kind of a pine smell to it.. a weird smell, not like any of the street stuff you get in my area. The taste as first was horrible really. A bowl of this would kill my throat, but it also would be enough. Since then it has gotten better day by day.

I smoked just a little joint last night, not even half a gram and got the highest i've been in probably a few years. I mean this wasn't just a buzz, i couldn't get up off the couch. When i finally made it to the fridge i had forgotten what i pried myself off the couch to go get. :lot-o-toke: This is definitely the best smoke i've had in a long long time, and i can see this being a perpetual thing once i get settled in my new place. :smokin:

I want to thank everyone for their input and for stopping by to check out my grow and also give props to 420magazine for having such a great site! :thumb: :goodluck: to everyone here, :peacetwo:

Edit: This is journal completed, so if any moderators come through here go ahead and stick it in there if it isn't to much trouble for ya ;) Take care :)

Back
Top Bottom