Poor Man's CFL Closet Grow - First Plant

Re: Poor Mans CFL Closet Grow - First Plant

Hey there Zep,

Very Nice! Your lady looks beautiful. It's amazing what you can do with some cfls. I'll be watching :popcorn:

I just started a cfl grow myself. My lady is now on day 25 of 12/12

thanks for stopping by ;) i'll be sure to check out your grow. :hookah:

Quick update,

just pulled the two lowest branches and trimmed fan leaves then left hanging to dry
100_5865.jpg

thats 4 lower branches ive pulled so far and will be the last until harvest.. the other two were pulled a week ago and still got me buzzed :cool:

small update,, today was Madison's last feeding of nutes, im planning on harvesting her between sept 10 and 14,, buds should be nice and fat by then, and shes getting just plain bottled water until then :cool: RH was 70% at lights out.

awesome man! This is when it really starts to get hard. Every day is going to tick by slower and slower till harvest. it always drives me crazy waiting the last few days. You just wanna cut the lady down and roll up a fatty. :) but time is always worth the wait. hang in there and cant wait to see the harvest!

Oh can we expect some more photo's any time soon?

awesome man! This is when it really starts to get hard. Every day is going to tick by slower and slower till harvest. it always drives me crazy waiting the last few days. You just wanna cut the lady down and roll up a fatty. :) but time is always worth the wait. hang in there and cant wait to see the harvest!

Oh can we expect some more photo's any time soon?

Thanks ;) I know what you mean, it feels like it's taking forever to pack on the buds but its only been a few days! LOL :blunt: Looking at the trichs tonight they're mostly cloudy,, id say about 70/30 cloudy clear ratio. :yummy: You can definitely expect some more photos tomorrow if not wednesday. :peacetwo:

hey zb, it's nice to see you back in full force. your plant is looking great man. those buds look really nice and tasty. hey zb ,never go by the amount of weeks on the wrapper, those are just suggestions. it's all in the condition of the grow and your doing a great job man. since your playing it by eye ,i would say wait till your pistils are at least 30 to 40 percent reddish. it's never to late to re nute, but you be the judge and happy executioner. good job zb:goodjob::popcorn:

In my opinion all the 8 week strains are 10 week strains. The marketing of seeds as an 8 week strain means as soon as they show sex you start counting, not the day you switch to 12 hour lighting. You can add two weeks just trying to sex a plant under 12 hour lighting.

:thumb: :popcorn:

hey zb, it's nice to see you back in full force. your plant is looking great man. those buds look really nice and tasty. hey zb ,never go by the amount of weeks on the wrapper, those are just suggestions. it's all in the condition of the grow and your doing a great job man. since your playing it by eye ,i would say wait till your pistils are at least 30 to 40 percent reddish. it's never to late to re nute, but you be the judge and happy executioner. good job zb:goodjob::popcorn:

thanks, i think i'm gonna go and get a pocket microscope soon tho, so i can really tell when to pick her. :cool:

That humidity is too high, you don't want to get bud rot or white mold. You have another fan laying around?

They look really sexy tho', sweet pics...

thanks grandaddie,, i've been worrying too much about the mold, but i think its gonna get bad if i dont do something soon..i might have to chop her early if it stays high like this :(. RH was like 88% lights out about 15 mins ago :O im really starting to worry. also i spotted a few of these really small white fly-like things flying all around the plant!! i have no idea what they are but i know they are doing something to my girl :lot-o-toke: i took her out of the closet and fanned the shit out of the corner in hopes of getting rid of them. also fanned the girl pretty hard too. hopefully things will turn around but for now im gonna have to keep the square floor fan blowing directly on her 24/7. anyone have any suggestions? i was wondering how i can detect mold right away..i definitely will need to know. thanks for your input guys :peacetwo:

madaline looks really fine, can i date her? lol. grandaddie's right zb,your humidity is way high. how are you venting her? humidity is always a problem in enclosed areas. also, anything else you may have in there (clothes,cardboard boxes,etc.) will absorb the humidity and create a feeling of stuffiness which will create even more humidity. leave the door open abit or if you can, open it all the way during the light cycle.as for mold, your bud will turn a darker color and start growing fungus (looks like spider webbing) around the buds. from your pics you got no problems there, no worries doing fine. here's a suggestion if you can get another box fan place it by the door facing out so you can create acontinuose flow of air. i can almost see the finish line and your way in front, hang in there.:goodluck::popcorn:by the way if you have the door open all the way you can put the fan facing in bringing nice clean air in and forcing the old air out.

madaline looks really fine, can i date her? lol. grandaddie's right zb,your humidity is way high. how are you venting her? humidity is always a problem in enclosed areas. also, anything else you may have in there (clothes,cardboard boxes,etc.) will absorb the humidity and create a feeling of stuffiness which will create even more humidity. leave the door open abit or if you can, open it all the way during the light cycle.as for mold, your bud will turn a darker color and start growing fungus (looks like spider webbing) around the buds. from your pics you got no problems there, no worries doing fine. here's a suggestion if you can get another box fan place it by the door facing out so you can create acontinuose flow of air. i can almost see the finish line and your way in front, hang in there.:goodluck::popcorn:by the way if you have the door open all the way you can put the fan facing in bringing nice clean air in and forcing the old air out.

She's mine so back off, I'm serious!! ;) LOL thanks man, and thats exactly what ive been doing with the fan since i started flowering, i leave the door wide open thru the whole light cycle with the fan blowing directly into the closet forcing the old air out with fresh air. I also have a the switch fan in my window which brings in fresh air from outside, so i know shes getting a fair amount of co2 :cool: ill keep posting pics every other day so im not the only one being the judge lol. thanks again for your advice. :peacetwo:

Lights out tonight RH was 74%,, think im gonna be picking her this coming tuesday or wednesday. i flushed her like crazy today, put 4L of water thru the pot :smokin: anyways this sunday night its gonna be lights out for good if the humidity stays high like this. i looked at the roots and they were a bit dark looking so that got me a bit worried, im sure its fine tho ;) tonight the lights went out at 9:45, and ill keep taking a half hour of light each day until sunday night when i beat her up a little and then give her the full 36 hrs darkness :tokin: cant wait to harvest this bitch!! :cheer: today is day 63; then end of week 9,, and i really need a microscope. more pics coming tomorrow :peace:

Back
Top Bottom