My First Grow Journal - Kush

You, Sir, have some nice looking ladies(I hope I don't offend). I too am a motorcycle man, although I ride a Busa. Keep up the great work, I'm in for this one.

on one of the plant i notice the hair turning brown quick.. i might take it down on thw 8th wk..

Whoa, Bike Buddy! 8 weeks is a bare minimum for flowering. I've never heard of anyone harvesting before 8 weeks (not counting autoflowers). If you've in a hurry to harvest because you're out of product, that's one thing.

If you're afraid you'll overcook (flower too long) your plant, that's something entirely different. When the hairs start turning brown, that's the start of bud maturation, not the end!

Here's a description of the strain from one producer:
Greenhouse Seeds Bubba Kush is guaranteed to be the juiciest tastiest Kush ever. The genetics of greenhouse seeds Bubba Kush is Bubble Gum x Kush. This very popular Kush is an extremely sought after strain but it has not been readily available until now. Green house Bubba Kush effects are powerful and heavy. The high starts in the face then spreads rapidly to the rest of the body. Greenhouse Bubba Kush puts in a bodynumbing effects. Green house seeds Bubba Kush is the all around super star bud. There's a reason this herb is called Bubba Kush and not just Bubble gum and kush, its because this bud has everything, its cannabis seeds provide an awsome sweet smell, awsome taste, large hairs and great colour. It takes them 9 weeks to flower.
Bubba Kush instantly catches your attention with long hairs and icy crystal coating. The leaves are doused with frosty crystals at christmas, and adds to the look of this prize fighter. Bubba Kush is a potent strain, considered a worldwide hit by many smokers. Bubba Kush is characterized by its juicy flavour. Green house Bubba Kush effects are powerful and heavy. The origins of Kush cannabis are from landrace plants mainly in Afghanistan and sometimes, Iran, Pakistan, and Northern India with the name coming from the Hindu Kush mountain range.

Notice the part where it says:
It takes them 9 weeks to flower.

All seed manufacturers advertise the earliest possible maturation time, in this case 9 weeks. Most growers know this is an optimistic estimate and often flower longer to get the best possible results.

For instance, the skinny from the producer on my current grow is something like:
These ladies mature in 8 weeks, but most growers will want to wait 10 weeks.

Here's a picture of one of my buds at the end of the 8th week of flowering:

G13 Haze Bud

Bud011.jpg

There are lots of brown hairs, but when I look at the trichomes, they are mostly clear and starting to get cloudy. When they start turning amber, they are havestable.

My ladies are going into their 10th week of flowering and I might let them go 12 weeks.

Try to get a pocket microscope or a high-power magnifying glass or a jeweler's loupe to look at your trikes. Make sure it is minimum 10X power magnification (20X is even better). You can find one for about $10 - $20.

I mentioned this to another grower (hopefully it wasn't you, LOL!) that harvesting early rather than late is like comparing grain alcohol to 12 year old Scots Whiskey. Believe me, it's worth the wait if you've got the time!

LITTLE UPDATE!
ok here's the plant i'm taking down friday needing some quick smoke..
i'm leaving the other 2 plants in for a week or two.. i'm at 7wks on this plant and seen alot of ambers so she's going friday... here's some closeup pics..
1-18_010.JPG

1-18_006.JPG
1-18_005.JPG

Wow....is that a bud or a crystal chandelier in the shape of a bud!!! lol...man that thing is so frosty!!! great job!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom