My First Grow - White Widow & Unknown From South Florida

PreStonedDAV

Hello everyone,

I am having some trouble with posting on the site. I have read the how to upload photos but the "Gallery" butto n doesn't show a way to up load photos.

I am starting my journal late, have pics from 2 wks ago, and just started flowering 12/12. Going the cheap route or as cheap as posible. Would like to show my progress and get some input on some things.:peace:

Re: My First Grow - White Widow and an unknown from south florida

Uploaded pics, some from a couple of weeks ago and some from today, hope I can get them up.
CIMG0196.JPG

View image in gallery

Re: My First Grow - White Widow and an unknown from south florida

Need some help on the ips browning on a couple of he plants. I kinda flushed today, but not sure if I did it right. I used 32ozs of water. I know that some is from letting fert get directly on the leaves, cut most of those off. Need to get a pH test kit I know, but so far this whay you see is what I have.

Has anyone ever used orchid bloom enhancers?

Re: My First Grow - White Widow and Unknown From South Florida

I have used shultz orchid food but that was more into flower. kinda looks like a nitrogen burn but I aint the best at diagnosis. check the plant abuse chart in the faqs. from what I see they look like ladies how long or old are they? are you in veg or flower?. anyway boss this a great site to get help.but there are a butload of people growin here so it takes a little time to get around the horn.dont get disscouraged:welcome: feel free to ask more qs and someone and me will try to help:peace:

ok reread the start of your post and I do belive you have a nute problem. try and flush your soil. also is that miracle grow food liquid or a time release? if you have no dranage holes in your buckets its gonna be impossible to do a flush so maybe you can jus use water for awhile till things start getting turned around get rid of the mg if its timed release and look for some better nute also found in the faq how to grow mj:peace:

Thanks fish cake. I have flushed with 1/2 gal each bucket water ph was right around 6.2 - 6.5, don't have a great way to test ph,using pool test kit. The MG is water soluble and I used it at 1/4 to 1/3 strength. I only used the orchid booster the last time I fed,(prior to flushing), they look a little better now. Have let them dry out for 3 days now and will be attempting fert again this evening (their morning) and see what happens. Maybe I over did it with the orchid food, think I'll go back to using the MG and see what happens. I do have one that I may experiment on, the real sickly one, by maybe using 1/4 strenght MG, 1/4 orchid booster and then double the water. What do you think. I have tried to baby them. I am trying to flower them out, hope I didn't start to soon. You can tell from my other pics that at one time they all looked healthy. Thanks alot for the info. Stay in touch. Yea I am impatient at times.:thanks::peacetwo:;)

as far as I know you cant start too soon or to lateonlt diff would be how large you want your plants to be. if you go with the very diluted nutes for ahwile you should be ok imo.:cheer: oh yeah nice pics in the gallery. I have read and I do agree that the biggest thing to remember that it is a weed. so if you dont fuss to much its gonna grow, on the other hand too much worry can give you health problems. soo relax and let the plants tell you what they want:thumb:. by no means am I a expert either but if you have grown a tomato you can grow some meds. and there is nothing like something you have grown yourself.:circle-of-love: Im on my third grow and every time it just gets easier. so I have some pics in the gallery also you can check them if you like. stay thirsty my freind:peace:

I looked at your gallery, nice pics. I hope all will work out. Yeah, it may be a weed, but growing in an artificial enviroment is what really makes it hard, especially if you are trying to make it produce something good. Hopefully I will get a fairly good yield. Will probally start another grow after this one to see if I can fine tune my ability. Wish I had more room and privacy, I would keep a prepetual grow using auto flowering varieties. Will post some more pics later tonight so you can see if they have improved any.:thumb::nomo:

for a proper flush, which is what you need(no offense) you need to run 3X the amount of your pot. for example 5 gallon pot=15 gallons of water to flush hope this helps :)

yes, it does seem like a lot of water, but it is whats needed to flush all he salts and nutes from the soil. After the flush give about 1/2 strength of nutes since all will be absent from after the flush. after that wait. till mediums top 2 inches is dry and coninue with normal feeding. The next couple weeks after that you should see substantial improvement! :Namaste: :peacetwo:

Updated pics. I amexperimenting with one of my girls (unkn #1) since she has been suffering. (notsure she will make it) I fed her 1 cup1/3 strength MG, 1 cup 1/3 strength Orchid booster and 2 cups water. Will update tomorrow and let you know how shehandled it. Everyone else got 2 cups MGwith 2 cups water.
:cheer:

View pics here: unkn_2.JPG

Just wondering why you give food with pure water. I find using MG its strong so its good your using small amounts. I feed my plants 1/2 strength till I see about 10% of the water running out the bottom. then they get pure ph ed tap water 2 times before i feed them again. I look at my plants and if I see something wrong I spend alot of time goggling to fix it:420:. Glad your having fun think of it as a hobby not work.

Growrook, I'm using water and the MG because I am 1. overly cautious, 2. this is my very first grow, 3. I really don't want to over fert/feed them. I really just been winging it here. Plus I had some sick girls just the other day and had to flush ( which I didn't do properly according to deege). I am really trying to get a system down. Hopefully before I do another grow I will have picked up enough knowledge to make things better. I do use low amounts because I had been feeding them every 3 days. I am going to do it on every other water from now on. Thanks for you input, I take every comment to heart and try to put it to use. I did check my girls this morning and they are standing tall and perky.:thanks: :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom