My First Grow - White Widow & Unknown From South Florida

Re: My First Grow - White Widow and Unknown From South Florida

Hello PSV I've actually used MG with great success. The trick is to remember less is more. I start with Alaska organics fish fertilizer for seedlings & then i just use two watering's of the bloom boost. The first during veg growth and the second at the start of flowering. I just use standard bloom boost at regular strength & it works great.

I am using 6 48" T5 (54W each) with 3000k lamps. Just checked my ladies this morning and they are doing good. Forgot to lower the lights last night but they seem to like the extra room. Might just leave them about eight in. above for a few days and see what happens. This is a learning experience for me and having them closer really wasn't allowing them to grow much, or at least they didn't appear to. Gave them 32 oz of pHed water and 32 oz of orchid bloom booster mixed at 1/3 strength.:peace::morenutes: Anyone got any comments on why they seemed to do better with the lights raised higher? :allgood:

Fluorescent lights loose intensity really fast i'd keep them at about two inches away. They shouldn't burn your plant unless it's actually touching the bulbs. Also I've found it can be helpful to put one or two veg spectrum lights in. (5000-6500)

Hey Brodda, is there more info available as to what soil is in use ? What is the ph of your soil? I'll assume your buckets have holes in the bottom for good drainage. Do you let the medium dry out before watering again? If you are using 5 gallon buckets, you probably don't need to water every 3 days. They sell moisture meters and ph meters for about 20 bucks at local greenhouses. What are your temps day and night? What light cycle are you using? Whats the humidity levels. Do you use a root hormone? Did you foliar feed? This type of info will give people insight as to what is going on. MG is also a little too hot and most will not recommend it. BPN is a much better choice. Also remember that most nutrient schedules are based on a 1000W hid lamp. :lot-o-toke:

I used ProMix BX my first grow because of two reasons. One being great drainage and the second was because i didn't need to pay attention to PH. I still PH the water though. In my area we need to add two drops of ph down per litre to make the water perfect. This is a rewarding hobby and well worth the time and effort.

Your girls are looking much better.

Soil is generic potting soil, I shifted it to get out all the big chunks of bark and twigs, (can't find any decent soil anymore off the shelf), The best I have determined from my soil ph, using cheap combo probe from lowes, is around 7, yes I have holes in the bottom and on the sides at the very bottom. I let the top of the soil get alittle crusty and I also use the knuckle test before watering. I do have one bucket that seems to stay rather moist all the time, I still feed/water it when I do the others and it is by far the best looking lady I have (labeled WW 2 in the pics). My lights are 6 T5 54W 48", spread out to cover 24 inches accross, total of 324W with a stated lumen out put of 5000 each for 30,000 lumen total. I usually keep them about 2 to 3 inches above the tallest plant, but did for get to lower them last night and they stayed about 6 - 8 inches above them, they seemed to like the reprieve. My temps run anywhere fro low 70s to mid 80s, humidy runs around 45 to 65 but has been up to 70. My growbox is in my garage, so the outside humidy directly affects the humidit because of my inlet fan. The higher humidy readings are when it is damp or raining outside. I am on 12 / 12. The only root stimulator I have used is superTrive, it also helps when my ladies stress. I have been told it is best not to use during flower because it delays the process by a few weeks. It is suppose to help make larger flowers and has a 5000 dollar guarentee. ??? No I have not foliar fed anything, I do mist occassionally, especially when humid drops low, it has been down to 35.:peace: :Namaste: Hope this helps, peace out burn'em slow.

If you arent using CO2 try to keep your temps between 72 and 80. Lots of air flow and let the pots dry out. I can tell just by weight. Take a 5 gallon bucket and put fresh medium into it and feel the weight of it. Thats what you want them to weigh before watering again. Ive read the biggest mistakes new growers make are over watering and over feeding. Your plants will tell you what they need. Start out light on nutes and as the plant gets older gradually increase the nutes. Also 7 is ph neutral. Try to keep your soil slightly acidic. 5.8 to 6.3. Helps with some nute uptake. Also, chlorinated water kills beneficial micro organisms in the rizosphere. (around your roots). Let your water sit for a day or two so the chlorine levels drop off.

Don't mean to run on, but from the looks of the leaves, if your ph was sitting around 7.5 your plants could have be having a hard time absobing iron, causing the light yellow Leaves, molting and nute burn look brodda.

I have phed my nutes and they come out somewhere around 6, I'm using a pool test kit and it always goes 2 - 3 shades lighter than the lowest chart color. This should lower my soil some from things I have just read. I did flush once and the run off was way high around eight. I do need to invest in a ph pen. Just winging it this go round with things I can get locally at Walmart and Lowes. By the way my grow box measures 30" deep, 60" wide and 96". Walls are painted white. My buckets are also white, hope that isn't causing me any root problems. Thanks for keeping an eye on me, appreciate the input and I will be putting it to use, I am kinda locked in to what I am doing for now. Don't want to get myself wrapped around the axle if you know what I mean. I'm working hard and really want to get this 1st under my belt. Need some meds, can't seem to get any around here. Thank I pissed my bud off cause he doesn't seem to interested in helping me out any longer. Shit I gave him hlf my WW seeds too.

Ideally black buckets are best. Nice big room. Alot of people would be envious. Did you sex them yet. A closer look at the crotches of the plant will make it easy to tell. Clumps of balls = male. Balls with hairs = female.

Yeah, I thought I had read something about covering or painting the buckets black to protect the roots and just spaced out when I transplanted them. I'll have to cover them tonight at lights on, maybe that is some of my problem, light affevting the microbs or roots. The room isn't really all that big, if you look at the pics with all four buckets in there you can see. Some of that may be because I am using 18 gal tote lids for drain pans, 2 buckets in each. I'm still learning. As for sex, from my limited knowledge and know how, I thank they are all fem. The WWs I had where fem seeds, the other 2 I think I just lucked out. The unkn are from some weed I had while in Florida. I usually got some pretty good smoke down there and only kept seeds from what I thought was excellent smoke. I know they all smell really good. But anyway, I do have a pic for you to look at so you can let me know what you thank about the sex.
Female_yes_-_no.JPG

Here is another one keeps putting it in another reply

Thanks for the girls looking much better. Seems I am back in a pinch though. What reprocussions would I have if I transplanted at this stage of the game. I'm really having some lockout problems that I can't seem to get under control. Or should I try some of the flushing products out there to clean up my soil. I have no way of dousing 10 to 15 gallons of water on my plants and contain the run off. I can only handle at most 1 gallon. Ahhh! unless I do them one at a time over a large tote to catch the run off maybe. But still, I wouldn't have ph'd water, would tap water work at 7.2ph? I think I really need to get a handle on it quick or start all over again. My wife wouldn't like that much because I have already told her to go on vacation without me. I just doused them again with plain water, I'll see how they are in a day or two. My run off water is greater than 8.5ph. Really wanted to get some experience under my belt, and there is a definite learning curve here for me. Want to try using all BPN next time or maybe even FoxFarm. Availability is my problem, would have to have everything including soils shipped. No suppliers around here for a hundred miles carry anything better than MG or Hyponex. Backass country hick town. Wait I was born here better not bash to much I'd be bashing myself. Sorry for the rambling. :peace: brother. Happy token.

:idea:Think I'll just use plain water for the next couple of weeks and see if anything changes. In the mean tim I'll get a real ph pen, one for soil and one for water. Think I will go ahead and try to get some BPN products to contimue with or at least FoxFarm, which ever has some good organic stuff in stock. Looked at BPN yesterday and they didn't have any small qt bottles in stock. May just go ahead and get 4 or 5 5 gallon jugs of purified water too. Think I should try epsome salts first to clear up the lock up? (anyone chime in here and give me some guidance) I really hate to put myself behind any more than I am, but gotta do whats gotta be done. Hate not having any meditation medication to help me out with my anxiety at this point.:peacetwo: :thedoubletake: :nomo: :scratchinghead: :reading420magazine:

Back
Top Bottom